Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It’s not that bad to me. It’s juat not the hip hop album we wanted. He made a white pop album but his rapping is still better than most out now idgaf what y’all say. I will take this version of EM over lil uzi, pump, yachti, ang all the other LIl’s and Young’s of the current rap world. :yeashrug:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
guys....it's this simple.

Em is and has always been a gimmicky/corny white rapper. When he first came out, we were all young and impressionable and he was new, so his gimmicks were actually intriguing and interesting to us, and he was dope on the mic from a technical aspect

Now that we are all grown and got kids of our own.....His gimmicks and the music that comes with it is just corny and unappealing to a adult living real life with real life responsibilities, and many fans are waiting and hoping to get that nostalgia feeling of that late 90s/early 00s from him, but it aint gonna ever happen. He don't have the talent nor the versatility to appeal to an older audience.

Even his most diehard fans who make excuses for him really know he's washed, they're just holding out hope.

most overrated rapper in history of hiphop
Pretty much. His music has no replay value for me. I probably won't even waste the time to download this as I wouldn't likely listen to it.

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
You really think that all the people on here listened to it? :francis:
They max skimmed through it and decided to hate on it.

People calling this the worst album ever made and shyt :mjlol:

So everybody hating on this is not any better than all the people on twitter praising it

The hate on here is warranted. I LIKE Encore and Relapse :damn:. Not even a third through this album and its terrible. The problem isn't even with the songs themselves. They're pop, but 2002 Em could've made it work. He's insulated, his best friends are yes men :scusthov: , has zero rhythm, and always has to be this fukking scientist with words and Spider-Man with the flow, on EVERY fukking song.

2 Chainz threw him a lick and he scrapped it :stopitslime: Swap Em's third verse of Chloraseptic with Chainz and he could have had a banger :aicmon:.

"Remind Me" is corny and tongue and cheek and kinda catchy :manny:. Em would've done it justice a decade ago :trash:

Last edited:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't think we'll get another Eminem album after this. Nothing is going well. Poor reception of the singles, a dumb ineffective marketing campaign. Poorly received from hip Hop audiences (it's never been this unanimously negative) and projected sales look bad

He's done

Remember he clowned Everlast for making a blues record? I wasn't a big fan but that album had more soul and content than this shyt by far, and it still had a few rap records with actual rap artists

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
As someone who was never an Eminem fan, even in 99, when I was 14, 'Encore' had the kind of Em tracks that I could tolerate, and even love at some point, though some of that is mixed up in nostalgia of alcohol blurred nights with a girl, around the time Encore was out, 'Spend Some Time", is one of the few Eminem track i can listen to. "Mosh" captured the political feelings of the moment, and "Like Toy Soldiers" was a great beat and sample, and a good example of dope lyrics/emotion, though I would have preferred just about anyone to Eminem on that track. The truth is, despite his technical skills, he's been lame and for lack of a better word, corny, since the 90's.

Like picture playing even your favorite Eminem tracks, (for the real fans), and someone walking in your spot....

Spend some time is dope as fukk because of the other artist on that song primarily. Not Eminem. Even though his verse is dope as hell on there. One of my fav em songs as well.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
DREIjX2U8AApVBL.jpg

DREIjY4UQAI9ooC.jpg

DREIjXzVQAAtWR9.jpg

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
Man if yall dont get this cracka all the way the fukk outta here lol.

This shyt isn't even Hip Hop. Worst album I've heard this year.

What made Eminem successful as an artist simply doesn't work anymore. He was always really a novelty act but fans won't admit it.

I'm finna put that new Scarface back on to wash this bad taste outta my mouth

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I'm a fan of Em but this is basically the 3rd mediocre album he's put out in a row. This is barely a rap album and I think the Eminem of 15 years ago would have punched this new Em in the face. More shallow uplifting songs, more pop bullshyt, more forced collabs. If I'm Em I would hang it up while I still have a legacy. Like the rhymes are technically proficient but any soul Em has had (I know funny right) he lost it.