Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
As someone who was never an Eminem fan, even in 99, when I was 14, 'Encore' had the kind of Em tracks that I could tolerate, and even love at some point, though some of that is mixed up in nostalgia of alcohol blurred nights with a girl, around the time Encore was out, 'Spend Some Time", is one of the few Eminem track i can listen to. "Mosh" captured the political feelings of the moment, and "Like Toy Soldiers" was a great beat and sample, and a good example of dope lyrics/emotion, though I would have preferred just about anyone to Eminem on that track. The truth is, despite his technical skills, he's been lame and for lack of a better word, corny, since the 90's.

Like picture playing even your favorite Eminem tracks, (for the real fans), and someone walking in your spot....

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Never been a fan of Em, butIve decided I’m going to sit back and soak this album up. Them I’ll give my honest report afterwards,

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I was really hoping y’all were exaggerating but this is fukking atrocious. The production is pure pop rap. No if and buts about it. He’s always had his goofy shyt but you always had some shyt to balance it out like a Dre or some surprise shyt from someone like Khalid or Just Blaze. But now dude has just gone down the generic kiss FM caclemore/MGK route. Alex da kid and that cac bytch he shoves on every song he produces are literally the worst thing to happen to him. And his flow :scust: Does he even hear the production? But then again half that shyt is so trash maybe it doesn’t matter

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Those are his best tracks. shyt like As The World Turns. His “Slim Shady” type tracks. He keeps making this Emo bullshyt with some R&B or pop singer on the hook whining about his struggle and problems. I just skip that stuff. If I wanna listen to an artist rap about their problems I’ll listen to Joe Budden. He’s petty good at that. Eminem excels at shock humor and over the top bullshyt.

The truth is Eminem is not a quality artist and he’s never been. He can put together impressive verses but outside of that he pretty much is mediocre at everything else. His got one great album MMLP one decent one SSLP and the rest of his catalogue is garbage but I can usually find a handful of enjoyable tracks on.

It’s like people heard his lyrics and rhyme schemes and tried to push him into a category he never belonged in. He’s not a serious artist and he’s at his best when he doesn’t try to be. He’s at his best when he’s rapping about weird, demented, shock humor stuff. Content like this

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Relapse is definitely his best album following his hiatus but THAT'S your favorite Em album? :hhh::dwillhuh::snoop::pachaha:

Yep.

First time Dre did the lions share of the production and he was snapping...it had all the elements that made an Eminem album in it. Easily his best beat package and some of his best songs.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Stopped at River. The previous tracks were all forgettable.

Dudes beats are wack. Believe was kind of decent; dope chorus melody.

Dudes flow and sound manipulation has been meh.

His lyrics aren't trash, but they come off repetitive; like Recovery outtakes. And there's nothing standing out.

I scanned the rest, with the intention of listening later, and there's like 2-3 tracks with ok beats.