Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
You nailed it.
It's just not nice music at all.
It's built for people with no rhythm and I know a few.. and guess what, they love Eminem.

But has his material ever been? When Em was on the boards it was terrible musically.
There is no question he is a talented guy, but he doesn't make good music.

After 8 mile... he lost me and never got me back...

I can take his off the wall lyrics... that's actually what I loved...but i could at least bob to it and rap along... now.. it's like you're trailing someone in the car, and they are speeding in traffic while you're just trying to keep up and enjoy the ride...but you can't..

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Don't plan on listening anytime in immediate future, but this always make me laugh, and is best description of Eminem's music, recently, and more or less how I always felt about it.

“Even at his peak, his rapping was never melodious, but at his nadir, he has all the musicality of a leaf-blower.:deadmanny: The production functions simply, like a stopwatch: It’s there to tell him when to start and when to stop, and occasionally a juiced-up power-rock chorus interrupts him. Submitting production to an Eminem album must feel, for a producer, something like a novelist feeding their manuscript into a wood chipper. On the one hand, you are guaranteed unprecedented exposure, and on the other, you are all but ensuring that no one will notice a note of your work.”

Also, a decent write up on how Relapse shaped the current Em, if anyone is that interested.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Mannn... if this is as bad as yall say it is....

:wow:

I feel like the last Black Em fan. Like "used to live in College Park"-Black. I think I'm the last real nikka outta my circle that even fukks with dude.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My beef with this album is there aren't enough songs like Heat on there. I wanna hear him rap about dumb bullshyt like stalking some woman and blacking out and killing her. I don't wanna hear him rap about his daughter and his ex-wife and struggles. He's not a serious rapper so he needs to quit trying to be taken seriously. My favorite songs by him are more inline with Stay Wide Awake and Rain Man rather than Walk on Water or Bad Husband.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Not enough hip-hop on here.

These corny extacy and trailer Park beats are Overkill.

It's like the album was created to Pander to a stadium of monster truck rally fans

Which makes it so fukking weird, because he's spending a good portion of this album shytting on Trumpers and those kinds of people. He's standing up for black people" and he's not working with them hardly...nether lyricists nor producers.

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Does castle sample the fukking dr robotnik final boss theme from sonic 2 yo is fukking crying

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
This album is just corny.
I knew it when he came back with the beard that all em really does is take drugs get plastic surgery and do rich people shyt with the friends he grew up with.

Mind you then nikkas corny too :martin:

So it was destined to sound like this.

It’s just a marketing stunt and a bad one.

I kept telling nikkas em don’t got the juice no more.

This is jayz 4:44 with no spice. It’s bland like white peoples food.

Kanye producing 90s era songs and Emenim showing his age in 2017 what a time :blessed:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I was not aware that Joe Budden said all this about the album. Even the other 2 hosts were floored.

:lupe:

He must be fine with not getting anything released through the label ever again

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Does castle sample the fukking dr robotnik final boss theme from sonic 2 yo is fukking crying
I was fukking right lol

:ohhh:

Yo that's a sharp ear you have!

WTF! :mjlol:

“Even at his peak, his rapping was never melodious, but at his nadir, he has all the musicality of a leaf-blower.:deadmanny: The production functions simply, like a stopwatch: It’s there to tell him when to start and when to stop, and occasionally a juiced-up power-rock chorus interrupts him. Submitting production to an Eminem album must feel, for a producer, something like a novelist feeding their manuscript into a wood chipper. On the one hand, you are guaranteed unprecedented exposure, and on the other, you are all but ensuring that no one will notice a note of your work.

:picard:

Vulgar.

But true...

I take it back...I'm sort of glad Alchemist and Havoc didn't end up wasting too many beats on Eminem in recent years.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Which makes it so fukking weird, because he's spending a good portion of this album shytting on Trumpers and those kinds of people. He's standing up for black people" and he's not working with them hardly...nether lyricists nor producers.
There's a couple songs on here I dig but that might literally be 2 or 3. This hold your lighter up music needs to fukkin stop. Clown actin like people are over hip-hop. fukk this retrospective theme music.

Edit

Actually there's some decent cuts here

Untouchable
Beliveable
Framed
Chloroceptic
Offended
Castle

About all I can give him here :ld:

Last edited: