Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Nicely

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Worcester, MA
I gotta drop him out my top 5 for this to be honest. He was like #3

Having 4 good albums (not great), and 4 duds..not a good look
Word. He had a spot so high up just based on how much technically better he is at rapping than just about everyone. But at some point you need to be held accountable for your discography.

I’m honestly disappointed in him.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:laff:
I've told yal this guy has been WASHED since 8 Mile

:bryan:

It's completely disrespectful to even put him on the same level as Jay, Nas etc. And honestly, nikkas like Common... who have had more impressive longevity and retained his skill level at his age compared to Eminem

Mars

Superstar
Daps
It's almost as if Eminem is trying to destroy his legacy on purpose because deep down inside he knows that he's not really a top 5 MC.

1.The obvious corny punchlines

2.Rapping about farting,bowel movements,etc

3.Attacking his fan base.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
it's :mindblown: that this is the direction he wants to take his music in, if it really was all his doing.

I doubt its his doing. But when you throw your name on a shytty product your the one gonna get the backlash. All Em should be doing now is working on projects with his Artist and making Back pack type hip hop ish. It'll never happen because he's eminem as opposed to Action Bronson.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Wait till em's next album and get the typical "fukk my last cd" bar

No more of that.

If he's gonna drop another project fukk that...Eminem is an UNDERGROUND MC.

He was NEVER supposed to be 'this'. Never a pop star, maybe not even mainstream. When you're shouting out Kool Keith on a song with Rhianna it's clear there is a conflict of interest. You writing love letters to the OUTZ on fine line but if you actually went and kicked it with Pace and worked with him you'd be more in your element than you are with Ed Sheran.

We all (that care) have preferences for what type of album we want from Em but he came out the gate with "I just don't give a fukk". Now he gives too much of a fukk, trying to make "something for everyone" dilutes whatever you're doing, in general. Paying too much attention to what any of us think is the wrong move. He should be able to bug out without having to worry about commercial or critical perception but he's too big for that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I would say this is easily his worst album.

I don't think there's as much hyperbole as it could be with such a polarizing figure. This shyt was just handled really badly.
It's just as bad as MMLP2, Relapse, and Recovery to me. Pretty much any album he's done past MMLP2 has been mediocre IMO. I find a few tracks I like and never touch the rest again.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It's just as bad as MMLP2, Relapse, and Recovery to me. Pretty much any album he's done past MMLP2 has been mediocre IMO. I find a few tracks I like and never touch the rest again.

Relapse is my favorite Eminem album tbh. Recovery has some good shyt but it's such an obvious attempt to 'recover' from only selling 2 million with an album that was actually more geared toward the type of fans he came into the game with.

I had MMLP2 as his worst album, this is way worse. That project had a lot of misfires but it at least had some kinda cohesion.

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
Why does everyone keep saying this?

Em is basically a hermit who stays at his house all the time. For Alc to work with Em, Em has to fly out to LA cuz Alc works on his own terms. It’s not as if Alc has all these beats set aside for Em and he’s rejecting them.

Dude is a hermit, but let's not act like Alc wouldn't jump on the first flight to Detroit if Em sent for him.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Most of the content Eminem was rapping about when he first jumped on the scene was unsustainable as a mainstream artist(lgbt bashing.shock trolling,mother/baby mommy drama,female bashing,celeb bashing,erc).......Eminem/Interscope should have done a better job of developing his song/hook writing skills,and putting out quality hip hop music.