Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
In all seriousness, I've heard through reputable sources that eminem actually has full creative control...which perplexes me even more

most times, giving an artist full control is a BAD thing

He's a 50 year old white man, this doesn't surprise me. Em needs a real nikka or two in his corner to A&R his shyt. Denaun and Royce ain't cutting it :camby:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I love Em but this shyt is :trash:. This is the culmination of YEARS of slowly turning into a pop rapper. You can tell in his beats, his new shyt flow and his pop bytches on damn near every hook. I'm beginning to question his future.There's not a single HIP HOP collab on this album except for PHRESHER, and there are HIGH SCHOOL kids who can out rap that guy. Em might be afraid of getting outshined.
Imagine if Em featured an Earl or a Tyler, his brightest children. They'd burn the fukk out of him on beat.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Most of the content Eminem was rapping about when he first jumped on the scene was unsustainable as a mainstream artist(lgbt bashing.shock trolling,mother/baby mommy drama,female bashing,celeb bashing,erc).......Eminem/Interscope should have done a better job of developing his song/hook writing skills,and putting out quality hip hop music.

If that's the case they were just going to have the tents set up for him, like Drake.

He's an underground MC that got to live above ground because he's white. He complained from jump about being put into a genre just based on that rather than the type of records he was actually making just because he was marketable.

SSLP was basically the EP with 3 Dr. Dre singles tacked on, and even then those were his style. TES is where you hear him become self aware as to what time it is. This is the natural progression of that.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If that's the case they were just going to have the tents set up for him, like Drake.

He's an underground MC that got to live above ground because he's white. He complained from jump about being put into a genre just based on that rather than the type of records he was actually making just because he was marketable.

SSLP was basically the EP with 3 Dr. Dre singles tacked on, and even then those were his style. TES is where you hear him become self aware as to what time it is. This is the natural progression of that.

Nah this isn't the natural progression of the eminem show. Dude completely forgot how to flow and replaced wit with terrible terrible wordplay. I've said it over and over but he needs to give it a rest with this choppy flow and the robot voice it's so fukking bad.

Slow flows like he used on Love Me and Superman aren't as "complex" or rappidy rappy is what he's doing now but sound a million times more smooth and were actually done in his regular voice not this awkward inflection he's always using now.

This album is borderline unlistenable. Maybe 3 songs I'll ever run back. It's legit worse then Encore, seriously, worse then fukking Encore, an album with songs like Puke, My 1st Single and Big Weenie...holy fukking shyt.

Someone in his camp needs to grow some balls and let him know this shyt is not dope.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Nah this isn't the natural progression of the eminem show. Dude completely forgot how to flow and replaced wit with terrible terrible wordplay. I've said it over and over but he needs to give it a rest with this choppy flow and the robot voice it's so fukking bad.

Slow flows like he used on Love Me and Superman aren't as "complex" or rappidy rappy is what he's doing now but sound a million times more smooth and were actually done in his regular voice not this awkward inflection he's always using now.

This album is borderline unlistenable. Maybe 3 songs I'll ever run back. It's legit worse then Encore, seriously, worse then fukking Encore, an album with songs like Puke, My 1st Single and Big Weenie...holy fukking shyt.

Someone in his camp needs to grow some balls and let him know this shyt is not dope.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to get at.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

So how do u rate this new album bruh?

Double J

Banned
Daps
Relapse is my favorite Eminem album tbh. Recovery has some good shyt but it's such an obvious attempt to 'recover' from only selling 2 million with an album that was actually more geared toward the type of fans he came into the game with.

I had MMLP2 as his worst album, this is way worse. That project had a lot of misfires but it at least had some kinda cohesion.

Relapse is definitely his best album following his hiatus but THAT'S your favorite Em album? :hhh::dwillhuh::snoop::pachaha:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
I honestly haven't listened to an entire EM album in like 15 years. (TES) Guess I won't start now :mjlol:

Dude is still one of the most gifted lyricists I've ever heard and has pieced together some of the most jaw-dropping verses I've ever heard in my life, but I saw a looooong time ago that his ability to make actual good music wasn't that great.

I would legit rather hear an entire album full of joints like:

No hooks. No traditional song structure. No specific subject matter. Just str8 spitn and displaying his gift of rhyming words and fitting syllables together.

I keep seeing dudes say that a toilet flushes at the end of the album. I hope that's an inside joke that this is pretty much a throwaway album EM had to make to meet some quota or something.
Reading through this thread its almost unbelievable that the album is as bad as y'all are saying. I only wanna hear it out of curiosity at this point. Damn.

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
I honestly haven't listened to an entire EM album in like 15 years. (TES) Guess I won't start now :mjlol:

Dude is still one of the most gifted lyricists I've ever heard and has pieced together some of the most jaw-dropping verses I've ever heard in my life, but I saw a looooong time ago that his ability to make actual good music wasn't that great.

I would legit rather hear an entire album full of joints like:

No hooks. No traditional song structure. No specific subject matter. Just str8 spitn and displaying his gift of rhyming words and fitting syllables together.

I keep seeing dudes say that a toilet flushes at the end of the album. I hope that's an inside joke that this is pretty much a throwaway album EM had to make to meet some quota or something.
Reading through this thread its almost unbelievable that the album is as bad as y'all are saying. I only wanna hear it out of curiosity at this point. Damn.

:mjlol: ironically the opening track is called "Walk On Water"

Daps
Reppin
Old School Players to New School Fools
I dare anybody to try and bob their head to these songs... That shyt is impossible to vibe to...

..you have to just have no rhythm.

You nailed it.
It's just not nice music at all.
It's built for people with no rhythm and I know a few.. and guess what, they love Eminem.

But has his material ever been? When Em was on the boards it was terrible musically.
There is no question he is a talented guy, but he doesn't make good music.