Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
:dwillhuh:

outside of a lead single, on what planet is anyone telling Eminem (the last rapper alive moving units like people can't stream music) what to put on an album?

have u not been paying attention to some of the outright :wtf: music this man has dropped after The Eminem Show?

face facts. he cut himself off from the game, he fell in love with the art of technical MC'ing, he ran out of ideas, and he fell off. happens to the best of them. just usually not this drastic.
This.

Dudes trying to convince themselves that some suit came up to Em before Relapse and was like, "You know :patrice:, for your big comeback we would like for you rap most of the songs from the perspective of a serial rapist/killer :obama: Yeah...and do it in some strange ass accent too :smugbiden:"

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

I like the hook. :yeshrug: Plus, it comes from an honest place since he's talking about how he's lost his confidence, he's not as good as everyone's made him out to be, and he knows he can't live up to the expectations set for him anymore.

But I did say it was one of the best by default. So all the other tracks (excluding "Castle" and "Arose") were such a waste of time to listen to, it made this song a lot better by comparison. :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Encore >>> this shyt by a country mile honestly.

Especially since the middle portion was a blatant troll job. The stand outs on that album kill this shyt.

I really like Believe, could have easily carried that energy into a good, concise album, 10/12 tracks.

Like I said in the other thread...album starts off cool to me. Then it becomes 3 or 4 different albums after that 5 track run of money grabs in the middle.

Watch the best songs come out on the deluxe :laugh:

I hope this flops because if it doesn't Eminem fans are going to have to go through this again when he's 50. It needs to flop and get shyt on, for Em's benefit.

He can clearly still rap but he has no musical direction...Dre, Bass Brothers are clearly the people who can help Em's vision come together, not Alex Da Kid or Rick Ruben. I don't even think ALC could do what people are asking. shyt let Kendrick EP a project for him if he's still got albums on his contract.
I like Believe, Rewind Me, Untouchable, Framed, Heat, Offended, and In Your Head. None of these are his best tracks but I could see myself listening to them after this gets old. I think there's a hyperbole going on with this album. It's no worse than many of his other recent efforts.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I like Believe, Rewind Me, Untouchable, Framed, Heat, Offended, and In Your Head. None of these are his best tracks but I could see myself listening to them after this gets old. I think there's a hyperbole going on with this album. It's no worse than many of his other recent efforts.
Just means your taste sucks too.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

I would say this is easily his worst album.

I don't think there's as much hyperbole as it could be with such a polarizing figure. This shyt was just handled really badly.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This.

Dudes trying to convince themselves that some suit came up to Em before Relapse and was like, "You know :patrice:, for your big comeback we would like for you rap most of the songs from the perspective of a serial rapist/killer :obama: Yeah...and do it in some strange ass accent too :smugbiden:"
Still had the goofy cash in single with a pop star and comedy video. Zero to do with the theme:sas2:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I would say this is easily his worst album.

I don't think there's as much hyperbole as it could be with such a polarizing figure. This shyt was just handled really badly.
Iv'e had Revival for a day and if I had to pick I would listen to Encore over it right now.
Even the trolling songs on that album had whatever it was that made Em a star. These songs are lifeless.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Controlling the lead single verse controlling the entire album are very different.
Plus, the lead single on Revival is one of the least bad songs.
I'll give you that. Obviously, they weren't going to refuse a lead single featuring Beyonce, breh. They probably got hard under the desk hearing that, assuming they automatically won, which is illustrated by the terrible rollout, especially after Walk On Water flopped.

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
I have to rethink my top 5 list. I honestly had him up @ 1 or 2.

Question: Does 1 horrible project destroy his legacy?
I gotta drop him out my top 5 for this to be honest. He was like #3

Having 4 good albums (not great), and 4 duds..not a good look