Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
Damn. For the first time in history, the coli was fukking right. I fuxx with Em but listening to this was actually a chore. I really kept checking to see how many songs were left as I listened. My 4 dope songs are: Believe, Chloraseptic, Walk On Water (cant believe im typing that) and Offended (even though whatver happens on the hook ruins the songs energy for me)

Guys, I think Eminem is one of the best lyricists Hip Hop has. Period.

This
Album
Ain't
It.

I can't even believe I'm gonna post a negative thought about Eminem on the Coli, lol. I just never thought there was reason to with all you nikkas going so hard at him lol. He ain't perfect, but I never felt the need to join the chorus of criticism even though I agreed at time. That being said...

This album really is fukking trash. We waited for this bullshyt? :mindblown::camby::rudy:

Edit: Da fukk was this dude thinking? Like, for real? The Needed Me song is playing now and I have never been more disappointed in Em, lol. He needs to go outside or something. Hate it had to be him...

Mars

Superstar
Daps
In all seriousness, I've heard through reputable sources that eminem actually has full creative control...which perplexes me even more

most times, giving an artist full control is a BAD thing

Then again,this goes back to interscope.No recording artist can create sonically pleasing music when they seperate/isolate themselves from the public,culture and other recording artist..........Someone needs to slap the shyt of of eminem if he really has full control over this garbage...........You need a full team working together in unison to put out quality music.

Daps
I love Em but this shyt is :trash:. This is the culmination of YEARS of slowly turning into a pop rapper. You can tell in his beats, his new shyt flow and his pop bytches on damn near every hook. I'm beginning to question his future.There's not a single HIP HOP collab on this album except for PHRESHER, and there are HIGH SCHOOL kids who can out rap that guy. Em might be afraid of getting outshined.

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
This doesn't even sound like the same guy I was a fan of
Bruh.. read what I just wrote, lol. I ignore the Coli's criticisms because I am a fan and honestly, he didnt have any current music out so i didn't feel the need really. Plus @SunZoo (:salute:) Holds it down. But there isn't anything we can do about how bad this album is overall for real. I mean Jesus. I have listened to 21 savage, post malone, migos and self proclaimed mumble rappers all year and those projects worked better than this. It's like he is making music for demographic that does not exist. All the fans that like these corny pop/rock/rap hybrids don't fukk with him. And the fans like myself that do fukk with him, cant get with this Z100 ass music he trying to make. smh.

Nicely

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Worcester, MA
I have to rethink my top 5 list. I honestly had him up @ 1 or 2.

Question: Does 1 horrible project destroy his legacy?

Headcase

The Angry Young Man
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
As bad as this is, I wouldn't say this is as shyt-blisteringly awful as "Encore", I'd take almost anything here over "Just Lose It", "Ass Like That", and "Rain Man"... but it's pretty damn close.

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Then again,this goes back to interscope.No recording artist can create sonically pleasing music when they seperate/isolate themselves from the public,culture and other recording artist..........Someone needs to slap the shyt of of eminem if he really has full control over this garbage...........You need a full team working together in unison to put out quality music.

Hopefully he gets a sobering wake up call with how this album is being roasted all over the internet and finally snaps the fukk out of it ( or just hangs it up for good) .....thats if he doesn't off himself ....this may be his first "flop" which will serve him right

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
As bad as this is, I wouldn't say this is as shyt-blisteringly awful as "Encore", I'd take almost anything here over "Just Lose It", "Ass Like That", and "Rain Man"... but it's pretty damn close.

Encore >>> this shyt by a country mile honestly.

Especially since the middle portion was a blatant troll job. The stand outs on that album kill this shyt.

I kinda like the track Believe.

I really like Believe, could have easily carried that energy into a good, concise album, 10/12 tracks.

Like I said in the other thread...album starts off cool to me. Then it becomes 3 or 4 different albums after that 5 track run of money grabs in the middle.

Watch the best songs come out on the deluxe :laugh:

I hope this flops because if it doesn't Eminem fans are going to have to go through this again when he's 50. It needs to flop and get shyt on, for Em's benefit.

He can clearly still rap but he has no musical direction...Dre, Bass Brothers are clearly the people who can help Em's vision come together, not Alex Da Kid or Rick Ruben. I don't even think ALC could do what people are asking. shyt let Kendrick EP a project for him if he's still got albums on his contract.