Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Em would have to fly out to see Alc though. Alc is a different dude. That’s why his output isn’t as it was. If you see him though you could fukk around and get a whole album out of it because that’s just how he rolls.

Em might as well see him because Em’s problem is that he’s cut off from so much. Even Skylar Grey was like “all he does is stay home and watch TV.” When that’s all you do, it’s easy to disconnect with everyone else
Exactly. Alc is my favorite producer and when I did some A&R work in the mid 00's, we have some mutual friends.

All I am saying is that Al has literally said that he would fly to Detroit to work with Em, or fly to NY to work with Jay, but that anyone else at this point would have to come to LA. This was in 2012/2013, so he may have changed his opinion by now. But even with Nas, he was saying that he would rather Nas come out west and work. That's how he does 'rap camp' as you probably know. If you come by the lab, you work, and you might get an entire album out of it. Al started working that way in 2011, and he has no plans to change it up. We're basically saying the same thing.

Anyways, I agree that Em is cut off too much and could really benefit from it, whether Em would be able to get Al to come out to Detroit, or whether Em was willing to fly out to Cali to Al's crib. I think it's a non-starter no matter what, though.

Em has had so many years to do it. If he wanted to do it, I think he would have done it by now.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
"no body is liking it"

**Links to a person with 52 (fifty two) followers**

-The Coli
Reminds me of the media when they be trying to create a story:

"The new Star Wars reviews are in and fans are killing it!"
*article links to four tweets from four random people with 100 followers criticizing it*

H@LLOW

All green everything
Supporter
Daps
Is this shyt his last album with jimmy?

Eddie Brock

All Star
Daps
Who would've ever thought back at the turn of the 21st century that Canibus catalogue >>>>>>> Eminem catalogue :lupe:

Headcase

The Angry Young Man
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I played it once last night and found very, very few things that stood out. Recovery had some corny punchlines, but not as nearly as much as this album. "Remind Me" and "Heat" are basically the same song: really awful punchlines about picking up chicks over classic rock samples. I didn't even hate "Love the Way You Lie", but Eminem keeps remaking that song over and over again ("Tragic Endings", "Need Me", and "River" to an extent) and they keep getting worse. He rehashes "Hailie's Song"/"Mockingbird with "Castle", rehashes "Deja Vu"/"Going Through Changes" with "Arose", and rehashes "Headlights" with "Bad Husband" (only with Kim as the subject instead of his mom). Tries to do the Relapse style again with "Framed" and it sticks out like a sore thumb, and not in a good way. The political stuff is very hit and miss, "Like Home" is basically "Mosh" with a pop makeover and it still sucks. "Untouchable" is a perfect example of a new and inventive concept (in Em's case) being mishandled due to the awkward execution. This is really bad. I don't know if its quite as bad as Encore, but it's damn close.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Castle and Arose are incredible. One long story split across two tracks.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
gave it another couple spins today...and it's not any better. a lot of cringe worthy lines...like did he seriously think he was being clever?

I fukk with Em..but this is just bad...and his beat selection is ass..at least when he was doing his own beats they fit him...these shyts really don't.

it's like rick/interscope/etc. had an album with these beats already and just told him to rhyme...the choruses and features overall are either bad or just meh.

It's a 2/10...and that's being generous.

By far his worst project to date.

At least Encore had some joints. Remove the "bad" joints and/or combine leaked tracks from around the time and you'd have a decent album...this joint though...hard to redeem it on any level.

MillionMills

Superstar
Daps
I'm on track 12. I'll post a complete review when I'm done with the album

I'll say this though, as someone that has had Em in my top 5, so far this is trash. Like trash. Even Encore had some joints

His biggest problem: HIS VOICE. He lost it. I dont know how to describe it but the edge he had in his voice during MMLP and Em Show is gone. He sounds completely different (worse)