Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
At the bolded.....does Eminem really want to make albums,or is he being force to by Interscope ?.......I always heard the rumor that Eminem wanted to retire.But interscope forced him to put out Encore.......Jimmy Iovine made eminem go back in the studio and put out that cheesy "Just lose it" song
Not sure where you got this info, maybe an Eminem fan fiction blog? Just lose it is eminems attempt at being satyrical and funny, it comes off corny because it is. Interscope doesn't force him to do anything, he frequently takes 4-6 year breaks between albums and moves on his own time, do you see him all over the interview circuit like every other record label slave? No, he does what he wants when he wants, financially he's set for life, he never has to put another album out again, but he does, because he is compelled to. Not because he is obligated to. If the album is trash theres really only Slim and his Shady camp to blame for it

swerve

All Star
Daps
The album leaked few hours ago and all haters already heard it and thread is 10p deep :skip:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
nikkas are going a bit overboard with the hate.

:whoa:Now, I'm not saying this is heat (no pun intended), but this isn't much worse than Recovery, just not as many anthem/stadium tracks, and nothing as sick as "On Fire". There is some really good MCing on here in places. There are some flashes of brilliance here and there.

He needs an Executive Producer/A and R that isn't afraid to tell him what is wack and what isn't. With proper guidance, he could still drop a near classic or classic. It appears he just shouldn't be left to his own devices when creating an album. He's still top 5 percent skill wise. The songs that are focused have good lyrics for the most point. The cringe lines people mentioned were mostly on the random/freestyle/filler songs. Some of them didn't come off nearly as bad as they did on paper. I seriously think I could do it. I'd let him make like 2 radio joints to shut up the label and the rest would be pure piff. No Drake/pop producers, no goofy punchlines, no bad rock sampling. Now back to this King Just album.

And for the record, I am black :martin:

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Wow, that was tough, listened to it front to back, had to take breaks every couple songs cause it really was a chore getting through this, the last 12 seconds of the album are the sounds of a toilet flushing, can only assume thats a subliminal aimed at the listeners. Heres a quick break down of the album
1-walk on water:no beat to rank, lyrics are Em complaining about people complaining about him.
2-believe:beat is tolerable, better suited for someone else, em bites the "new rap" flow and asks in a most cringe worthy manner if the consuming public still believes, general consensus is they do not.
3-chloraseptic:probably the most tolerable song on the album, but not very good, Em experiments with his Big Sean/Drake flows over a beat that blends Gucci mane trap drums and Diplomats esque operatics
4-Untouchable:Em speaking up for the plight of young black males in America over a beat that most certainly alienates most residents of any urban environment.
5-River:Em rapping about male/female dynamics over pop beat with pop hook.
6/7 Remind me:Em rapping about male/female dynamics over rock track with rock hook.
8-Revival interlude:A clip from a Florence & The Machine album or something, i dunno.
9-Like Home:Love song for 'merica, softer than a chinchilla rabbit hybrid.
10-Bad Husband:Em rapping about the married male/female dynamics over a folk-hop beat with a folk-rock chorus.
11-Tragic Endings:Em rapping about more male/female dynamics over a wack beat with a chorus by Skylar Grey that is anything but hip hop
12-Framed:Em back on his Slim Shady killin broads shyt, out of place on this album, beat sounds like a leftover from Cypress Hills 4th album. Nothing special but I imagine the Stanley's will regard this as the standout record.
13-Nowhere Fast:Weird combination of Em rapping about social issues and also how he can't be faded on the mic. Beat is trash, conceptually the song lives up to its title
14-Heat:terrible bars abundant over another awful rock track.
15-Offended:Beat sounds unfinished, at one point Em raps the childrens song "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, matter as well go eat worms" perhaps that would be time better spent for him. He's on his Slim Shady steez here, again, seems out of place in relation to this body of work.
16-Need Me:Another relationship with problems song over a very un-hip hop beat, but this one has Pink singing for the first 2 minutes of it.
17-In Your Head:Sad sack rappin over rock samples.
18-Castle:Daddy daughter dedication over a tolerable beat and a tolerable hook. Maybe the most tolerable selection on the album and also offers some hope in that Em raps this is his last album, although, sadly I fear that wont be the case.
19-Arose:Em eulogizes himself, mourns Proof and has a living funeral for himself. Beat is garbage. Album closes with church organs and a toilet flushing. Symbolizing his career dying and the substance of what may be his final effort. Appropriate.

Overall 0.75/10
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::picard:

All Star
Daps
F0CnkmK.png

:mjlol:

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
Em super stans soon:

“He purposely made a terrible album because of some record label politics blah blah illuminati blah blah” :guilty:

(Outsidaz baby and we suing the courts, coz we dope as fukk and only get a 2 in The Source :mjcry:)

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Can someone pm a link or something so I can stream the trash

My phone don't got room to do this.