Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Hard to stay inspired when the record label has you by the balls and you have to meet a sales quota.Eminem brings out an album,he has to follow the label agenda.
lol, that couldn't be further from the truth. Eminem makes an album and hands it in and then the labels collectively try to figure out how to sell it. There's nobody in his ear telling him he has to make this type of record or that type. This is all on Em. He's one of the few artists actually afforded that luxury signed to a label.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol, that couldn't be further from the truth. Eminem makes an album and hands it in and then the labels collectively try to figure out how to sell it. There's nobody in his ear telling him he has to make this type of record or that type. This is all on Em. He's one of the few artists actually afforded that luxury signed to a label.

He has enuff juice to make the music he wants

The narrative that he has to turn in an album that his label wants that goes against who he is is a bunch of bullshyt

He never had any real substance or topics except his mom and that he is the underdog white rapper in a black world

Other than that he had nothing to rap about

And the reason why 8 mile was so loved was because the movie depicted him being bullied by black people and he overcame them and was the white trash savior who couldnt be stopped by the evil black thugs

:russ:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
How could he even relate to it tho

Maybe wen he was who he was wen he started but realisticly even that Trump freestyle was just corny as fukk
He's a rich white man secluded somewhere
Thats true, I imagine he can't relate and thats why you have the type of content you have on his albums. My guess is he has been out of touch with hip hop for quite some time.

Kenyan West

lazy fba philly nikka,
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Eminem Stanleys assemble. :mjcry:

As difficult as this may be.. we have to accept the cold hard facts. We have took an L the size of epcot center tonight. Someone check on the wellbeing of @SunZoo, I'd wager that he's on suicide watch. I called this shyt, brehs. As soon as I saw the track listing.. as soon as I knew that sunglasses wearin fakket Rubin was involved, as soon as I saw that coke whore Skyler Grey was anywhere near this nikka, I knew that this album was going to be hot garbage. I swear cacs fukk up everything black related, it's like what the fukk is this "rap." This album is the equivalent of finding out that your only son is gay. shyt hurts my soul heavy, family.

This album should not have been called Revival, this shyt should have been called Repugnant. How are you going to call this album Revival without reviving your career, Em?! False advertising. :scust:

There has to be some behind the scenes troubling, restrictive shyt going on with this nikka. The album feels like Lupe's Lasers release to me, like a corporate music abortion. I'm getting the visual of some high level culture vulture cac chuckling endlessly, rubbing his hands like birdman thinking about all of the money he's going to make from this "i dont like rap, but I like eminem" rhythmless and emotionally bland teenage cacs out here.

Frfr, this album was supposed to be Eminem's 4:44 -- him changing his whole shyt up, by doubling down on what works while stripping away all of the shyt we've been criticizing him for for YEARS.

I defended EM for the longest, but there's no defending him now. This nikka is officially a target in the rap game and is WASHED. His legacy is officially tarnished. How can black people make rap look so effortless? :wow:

That being said, I do like some songs on the album, but off first listen.. It's NOT better than MMLP2 and definitely not better than Recovery. Relapse is seriously the last great project he's made.

Remember Eminem before the Recovery "punch-lines", the poppy hooks, the excessive rock guitar? :sadbron: The successful run of Recovery ruined him. If I were him, I'd gut the hell out of this album, take those annoying ass rick rubin tracks off and replace them with the anderson paak, two chains tracks etc before Friday's release. Not sure if possible, but I'd take the OVERWHELMING negative response on the chin and try to save face at this point.

Last edited:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
While most hip hop heads are shytting on the new Eminem album two men have been spotted rolling around in an old school playing it loud and proud.
yelawolf_letsroll.jpg

Mars

Superstar
Daps

At the bolded.....does Eminem really want to make albums,or is he being force to by Interscope ?.......I always heard the rumor that Eminem wanted to retire.But interscope forced him to put out Encore.......Jimmy Iovine made eminem go back in the studio and put out that cheesy "Just lose it" song

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eminem Stanleys assemble. :mjcry:

As difficult as this may be.. we have to accept the cold hard facts. We have took an L the size of epcot center tonight. Someone check on the wellbeing of @SunZoo, I'd wager that he's on suicide watch. I called this shyt, brehs. As soon as I saw the track listing.. as soon as I knew that sunglasses wearin fakket Rubin was involved, as soon as I saw that coke whore Skyler Grey was anywhere near this nikka, I knew that this album was going to be hot garbage. I swear cacs fukk up everything black related, it's like what the fukk is this "rap." This album is the equivalent of finding out that your only son is gay. shyt hurts my soul heavy, family.

This album should not have been called Revival, this shyt should have been called Repugnant. How are you going to call this album Revival without reviving your career, Em?! False advertising. :scust:

There has to be some behind the scenes troubling, restrictive shyt going on with this nikka. The album feels like Lupe's Lasers release to me, like a corporate music abortion. I'm getting the visual of some high level culture vulture cac chuckling endlessly, rubbing his hands like birdman thinking about all of the money he's going to make from this "i dont like rap, but I like eminem" rhythmless and emotionally bland teenage cacs out here.

Frfr, this album was supposed to be Eminem's 4:44 -- him changing his whole shyt up, by doubling down on what works while stripping away all of the shyt we've been criticizing him for for YEARS.

I defended EM for the longest, but there's no defending him now. This nikka is officially a target in the rap game and is WASHED. His legacy is officially tarnished. How can black people make rap look so effortless? :wow:

That being said, I do like some songs on the album, but off first listen.. It's NOT better than MMLP2 and definitely not better than Recovery. Relapse is seriously the last great project he's made.

Remember Eminem before the Recovery "punch-lines", the poppy hooks, the excessive rock guitar? :sadbron: The successful run of Recovery ruined him. If I were him, I'd gut the hell of this album, take those annoying ass rick rubin tracks off and replace them with the anderson paak, two chains tracks etc before Friday's release. Not sure if possible, but I'd take the OVERWHELMING negative response on the chin and try to save face at this point.

He should name the album

"Pace won...Shady Lost"

:mjlol:

Outsiderrrssssssss

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
1.Dre more than likely sold his share of Eminem's contract to interscope(reason why he no longer produces for eminem)

2.Eminem's manager sold him down the river if you ask me.How do you let your artist sign his name over to the record label ?......I honestly feel bad for Em.Any business deal he makes,interscope gets a cut.If he want to do a movie,interscope gets a cut.I believe this is the real reason why Eminem no longer tours.Because Interscope would probably get most of the money,and tell him who to tour with.

3.Dre and Iovine made billions from beats,50 has his independence and/power tv show,Pual Rosemberg was named ceo of defjam...and Eminem is a slave to interscope records with no way out(unless he gives them his life savings).....sad shyt.
What in the actual fucc are you talking about?? None of this can be substantiated with facts or evidence. This is pure conjecture your honour, motion to dismiss this theory.