Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I would love to know whether dude even listens to music like man tf. I hope the man starts really searching for something different after the reaction to this cuz wtf.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I would love to know whether dude even listens to music like man tf. I hope the man starts really searching for something different after the reaction to this cuz wtf.
He needs to search for a new hobby. I actually liked some of recovery. And relapse was dope, but the thing that made Eminem great, he lost yrs ago. He'll never get that back. The anger in Kim :wow:

Dude makes songs now about not having anything to rap about :mindblown:

What that avi about?
Justin Slayer and Velicity von bts footage

Lýba'rhaésheýun

Tha Blaq Lýba'rhaésheýun Nhetwerqq
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I Didn't Expect Much From This Album, I already Pretty Much accepted that everything em related after relapse mine as well be considered a different artist at this point.... :francis:

''Brainless'' Reminded Me Of Old Him For Split Second. But... Nah... Hes Gone Brahs. :mjcry:

Probably To Many Yes Men In His Corner Telling em everything is sick when it ain't, :hhh: or he listens to his own stans to much :hhh:

It seems without the Drugs, the bass brothers it just doesn't work for some reason. :yeshrug:its great he got off the drugs tho :whoa:

but still.... :ld:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
His "start and stop" punchline flow really annoyed me throughout the whole album. From that, to going slow on a beat to deliver a punchline like we need help to understand it, was just a slap in the face to fans. Too many yes men ruined this album alongside Alex the Kidd not knowing how to make a good beat.

I never thought I'd say Em would make a pure trash album...yet here I sit corrected. Even TES and Encore are gems compared to this. I hate Relapse and its better. As far as the R series goes, Recovery shines, Revival is just garbo. How is the titular track an interlude? :gucci:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
A had one good listen to the album and must say this is the first Em album that i can remember that has absolutely NO direction.

This album sounds like he just put together some bullshyt just so he can get out his Interscope contract and transition to Def Jam with his manager.

And the fukked up thing about this album is that there are songs on here that are actually quite good. “Framed,” “Offended,” “Bad Husband,” “Castle” and “Arose” are vintage Em records and if he built around those, the album would have been better.

But there are a HUGE chunk of songs on this album that has NO business being on there. That Pink song has NO BUSINESS being on a EMINEM album. Sounds like a leftover for her album. Same with that Ed Sherreen and Kehlani song.

That Alicia Keys record should have been the first single. It could have been a hit and 45 might have responded to it cuz it really would have been EVERYWHERE if he promoted it right.

By the sounds of the production, it sounds like Alex Da Kidd was all over this shyt yet again. :snoop:

He has fukking ALCHEMIST on his label and he REFUSES to jump on any of his beats :mindblown:

IDK who the fukk was in his ear giving him the “okay” when he was recording this shyt but he needs to stay the fukk away from Rick Ruben.

Rick Ruben executive produced this album and this is what the fukk you get.

Last time i checked Dr. Dre is pretty much his mentor and made him who is today.

Which is why y’all should appreciate Relapse for what it is because at least Dre was the sole producer and he kept Em focused through out the entire project.

THIS shyt? :pacspit:

As a core Em Stan this album is VERY dishearting to listen too.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Wow, that was tough, listened to it front to back, had to take breaks every couple songs cause it really was a chore getting through this, the last 12 seconds of the album are the sounds of a toilet flushing, can only assume thats a subliminal aimed at the listeners. Heres a quick break down of the album
1-walk on water:no beat to rank, lyrics are Em complaining about people complaining about him.
2-believe:beat is tolerable, better suited for someone else, em bites the "new rap" flow and asks in a most cringe worthy manner if the consuming public still believes, general consensus is they do not.
3-chloraseptic:probably the most tolerable song on the album, but not very good, Em experiments with his Big Sean/Drake flows over a beat that blends Gucci mane trap drums and Diplomats esque operatics
4-Untouchable:Em speaking up for the plight of young black males in America over a beat that most certainly alienates most residents of any urban environment.
5-River:Em rapping about male/female dynamics over pop beat with pop hook.
6/7 Remind me:Em rapping about male/female dynamics over rock track with rock hook.
8-Revival interlude:A clip from a Florence & The Machine album or something, i dunno.
9-Like Home:Love song for 'merica, softer than a chinchilla rabbit hybrid.
10-Bad Husband:Em rapping about the married male/female dynamics over a folk-hop beat with a folk-rock chorus.
11-Tragic Endings:Em rapping about more male/female dynamics over a wack beat with a chorus by Skylar Grey that is anything but hip hop
12-Framed:Em back on his Slim Shady killin broads shyt, out of place on this album, beat sounds like a leftover from Cypress Hills 4th album. Nothing special but I imagine the Stanley's will regard this as the standout record.
13-Nowhere Fast:Weird combination of Em rapping about social issues and also how he can't be faded on the mic. Beat is trash, conceptually the song lives up to its title
14-Heat:terrible bars abundant over another awful rock track.
15-Offended:Beat sounds unfinished, at one point Em raps the childrens song "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, matter as well go eat worms" perhaps that would be time better spent for him. He's on his Slim Shady steez here, again, seems out of place in relation to this body of work.
16-Need Me:Another relationship with problems song over a very un-hip hop beat, but this one has Pink singing for the first 2 minutes of it.
17-In Your Head:Sad sack rappin over rock samples.
18-Castle:Daddy daughter dedication over a tolerable beat and a tolerable hook. Maybe the most tolerable selection on the album and also offers some hope in that Em raps this is his last album, although, sadly I fear that wont be the case.
19-Arose:Em eulogizes himself, mourns Proof and has a living funeral for himself. Beat is garbage. Album closes with church organs and a toilet flushing. Symbolizing his career dying and the substance of what may be his final effort. Appropriate.

Overall 0.75/10
.75 out of 10 :dead:
That’s worst than when Biggie gave E-40 a 0 :dead:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
‘Nobody’s checking for Em!’ -The Coli

Eminem album has leaked!!! - #1 trending thread 2 days straight on... The Coli

‘This album is wack!!’ - The Coli

:gucci:

Make up your mind brehs
I hate on Em a lot and never said the first part.

Ya'll gotta understand that a lot of us that were born in the 80's were coming of age in a time where this dude was heralded as one of the GOATs and got that same respect from many of the genuine best of all time.

It's just really crazy for a lot of us to see the guy that outrapped Jay-Z on his own joint turn into a straight up struggle rapper.

He's still a giant star, so you gotta expect that people are gonna at least listen once

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His "start and stop" punchline flow really annoyed me throughout the whole album. From that, to going slow on a beat to deliver a punchline like we need help to understand it, was just a slap in the face to fans. Too many yes men ruined this album alongside Alex the Kidd not knowing how to make a good beat.

I never thought I'd say Em would make a pure trash album...yet here I sit corrected. Even TES and Encore are gems compared to this. I hate Relapse and its better. As far as the R series goes, Recovery shines, Revival is just garbo. How is the titular track an interlude? :gucci:
:gucci:

TES is his best album