Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If i can have big in my top 5 off two albums, i can keep em as well with his first three albums, i still remember how dope the way i am was before it got overplayed to bolivia...

Having said that this is embarassing to listen to

Advice he gave to benzino, it's time to "let it go dawg, it's over" :camby:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I almost get the feeling that Eminem is trying to intentionally sabotage his career so that interscope releases him from his contract,or atleast he's able to walk away from the label without them putting up a fight.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whatever the goal/direction they had from the beginning they should have rolled with it.
Dunno if you seen the interview 2dopeboyz posted, but he mentioned making an album with something for everyone and that sounds like the height of this one's "vision" lol.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
In hindsight I think he was a trend that got to be the most overrated hip hop artist of all time, because he was a fantastic rapper.

I don't know if that makes sense, but those that know what I mean get it

Em is great on features but his discography hasn't aged well.

xelp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those saying he needs to get back on drugs to make an enjoyable album, the last album he made on drugs was Encore. He's done.

I listened to the two singles or half of the second one and I have little desire to listen to this one. May skim though it to see what can be salvaged. Officially out of my top 5... and 10.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those saying he needs to get back on drugs to make an enjoyable album, the last album he made on drugs was Encore. He's done.

I listened to the two singles or half of the second one and I have little desire to listen to this one. May skim though it to see what can be salvaged. Officially out of my top 5... and 10.

Encore was good?

:laff:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
I'm starting to wonder if he was a trend. Like i'm not sure if he was ever great at this point. I can't even listen to any of his old albums in full besides the eminem show.
His catalogue doesn't really hold up over time. Looking back on it he kinda seems like a novelty act. Also the bulk of his subject matter gets old fast if you're above the age of 15. The shock factor shyt plays to a specific age bracket, its high school locker room humour rap. As an emcee who doesn't rely on a gimmick or a schtick he just doesn't really hold up compared to other top tier emcees of the past 2 decades. Relapse should have been something epic for him, his return after a bunch of time off, almost completely produced by Dr. Dre, almost completely comprised of his Slim Shady character type tracks and to be honest, excluding stanley's most people thought it was trash. Cold hard truth is hip-hop outgrew Slim Shady and Eminem the MC and his awkward metaphors and analogies just seem corny.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I almost get the feeling that Eminem is trying to intentionally sabotage his career so that interscope releases him from his contract,or atleast he's able to walk away from the label without them putting up a fight.
That's giving him too much credit. Truth is, Eminem has no idea how to make rap music. All these old rappers making solid records and staying inspired while Em turned into the people he ridiculed.

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Jesus Christ I can see he’s trying to grow up but where the fukk does he gets his beats from? He has people like Boi 1da who can make dope beats like Blacler The Berry but he chooses the worst joints from them. He has Alchemist on his team he has Dre he has any producer in the world, he has Will Power and whoever else Yelawolf works wth these days. Even if he wanted to go in a new direction he picks the shyttiest beats. This rock pop shyt is no good. I don’t think I’m even going to bother listening to the album

Unless your'e into sub par metaphors about poop and girls ie "her booty is heavy duty like diarrhea" or nasal fueled chopper spitting over folk-rock-pop-hop beats then yeah i'd suggest to skip this album

Mars

Superstar
Daps
That's giving him too much credit. Truth is, Eminem has no idea how to make rap music. All these old rappers making solid records and staying inspired while Em turned into the people he ridiculed.

Hard to stay inspired when the record label has you by the balls and you have to meet a sales quota.Eminem brings out an album,he has to follow the label agenda.