Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not sure where you got this info, maybe an Eminem fan fiction blog? Just lose it is eminems attempt at being satyrical and funny, it comes off corny because it is. Interscope doesn't force him to do anything, he frequently takes 4-6 year breaks between albums and moves on his own time, do you see him all over the interview circuit like every other record label slave? No, he does what he wants when he wants, financially he's set for life, he never has to put another album out again, but he does, because he is compelled to. Not because he is obligated to. If the album is trash theres really only Slim and his Shady camp to blame for it
He and Dre have spoken on this. The sole reason for the existence of "The Real Slim Shady".

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This Like Home bullshyt mannn. This production. OMG i would off myself if I was at one of these studio sessions with Alex Da Kidd and Em. This shyt man. Mr. Controversial making the cheesiest of corny generic music.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol, that couldn't be further from the truth. Eminem makes an album and hands it in and then the labels collectively try to figure out how to sell it. There's nobody in his ear telling him he has to make this type of record or that type. This is all on Em. He's one of the few artists actually afforded that luxury signed to a label.
I dont think this is true. Interscope is notorious for controlling albums creatively. Even happens to kendrick, he just got lucky with humble. It was a rare song that was so hard and commercially viable it had commercial success. It baffles me how em wont contract moder popular artist or producers. Its come across as some above the culture shyt..
But really em never been a hater...2chainz was supposedly on this album originally. Em has the freedom to colaborate with whoever but album selection is heavily in control of label imo. The label know his audience and tried to appeal as needed. This doesnt absolve em from the garbage on this product though. Even if labels give you a turd sandwhich, atleast try to put some hot sauce, chedar cheese, and heroin in it. This shyt inexcusable.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I've downloaded, and listened to the album. I went to delete the album folder, but i quickly remembered. "I'm on Windows 10". If you're familiar with the Windows operating system. You know they don't have a "Trash Bin", they have a "Recycle Bin". Now, some of you may have deleted the album, and emptied you're "Recycle Bin". For those who did, it''s too late for you. For those of you who by any chance still have the album on your hard drive, portable/external device, or USB (not sure why anyone would). DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE THEY DID! THIS ALBUM IS TRASH, AND MUST BE PLACED IN A TRASH BIN!

If you can get to a mac. I recommend deleting the album there. Apple has a "Trash Bin", that (going by the sound it makes) crumples the album up, and banishes the abomination from ever existing on you're device. If you cannot make it to an apple computer, you have two options.

1. Buy one (eBay is a good start, a $400-$500 system should do the trick)
2. Try hackintosh on your pc (could be a little tricky, recommended for computer enthusiast)

Good luck to you all.

***And to Eminem, if you ever was to read this. You're lucky i won't sue your ass, buddy:ufdup: Many others will not be as forgiving for the waste of time, and pain to our eardrums that your album has caused.

Last edited:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It's funny that the promo was like some generic medicine and this shyt sounds just like that except it ain't curing shyt.

Only like a handful of songs worth listening to ever again. I don't even care to list em although I think Castle is dope :manny:.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Lets start with the bad. The Trump song (Live Home) is cringe-corny. Alicia Keyes can't save it, and his rhymes are very sophomoric. His cypher was better by comparison. On that, Em's experimental flow of "start and stop" per bar is probably the weakest move in his discography (and I'm including the accents to that).

His apology to Kim (Bad Husband) is the biggest :why: in the history of rap...I honestly felt very tempted to just skip the track on the first listening. The content is just so cringey that I almost want to believe Em had it written for him.

Tragic Endings - A second song about Kim? Idk breh's right around here I wanted to just delete the album from my PC (which eventually happened). So if you weren't tired of Apologynem, here's a song where he uses Skylar's unique sound to yet again, blame himself for shytting on Kim....that's it, seriously...there's nothing else to add, the song is cut and dry the biggest simp move on the album.

Framed - Accents return :rudy:...except now he's trying for the whole serial killer theme, and it falls short, especially since it comes after both apology songs. This is basically the sequel to 3 AM, except the beat on that track is ten times better. I could accept this track if not for the tracks previously. At this point its just Em reaching.

Nowhere - This honestly feels like a Kehlani song feat. Eminem, not the other way around. The production on this is best described as "pseudo-trap". Like someone just discovered the style and wanted to "give it a try". Horrible beat. Lyrically, Em is faster but his "start and stop" with punchlines is just too annoying to enjoy.

Heat - Probably the worst track when we're talking about lyrical prowess. Its feels like a track from The Eminem Show, very juvenile raps. For a track called "Heat" its just falls flat. Its boring and nothing about is memorable. No quotables here, just more eye rolling.

In your head - probably the best track on the album, mainly because it uses a sample of Cranberries - Zombie. But the lyrics are still tired and his start stop flow is just lacking and dull at this point. He's beating a dead horse with that flow.

Castle & Arose - Both are lackluster, but Arose is what seems like a farewell to rap, and honestly, after hearing that song, I'm okay with that. Its just so lame by the purest definition. The beat is hardly apparent, some very bad production on this one. Its boring, slow, and lacks any strong content.

TLDR; Em's worst album to date. Worst than Relapse and TES combined. In fact that's what it is, a combination of all the bad parts from both albums. I don't see growth here, I don't see a flow I enjoy, and when a clever punchline comes in, its introduced with that horrid start and stop routine.

I'm giving this a very weak 2/10. This isn't even an average album, its just a jumble of badly produced beats, and Em grasping at some very tired straws. His "new" flow is rage inducing and his two apology songs really killed this entire album for me. Revival was an interlude...:childplease:

Pack it up Em, K-Dot will handle rap for now.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I've downloaded, and listened to the album. I went to delete the album folder, but i quickly remembered. "I'm on Windows 10". If you're familiar with the Windows operating system. You know they don't have a "Trash Bin", they have a "Recycle Bin". Now, some of you may have deleted the album, and emptied you're "Recycle Bin". For those who did, it''s too late for you. For those of you who by any chance still have the album on your hard drive, portable/external device, or USB (not sure why anyone would). DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE THEY DID! THIS ALBUM IS TRASH, AND MUST BE PLACED IN A TRASH BIN!

If you can get to a mac. I recommend deleting the album there. Apple has a "Trash Bin", that (going by the sound it makes) crumples the album up, and banishes the abomination from ever existing on you're device. If you cannot make it to an apple computer, you have two options.

1. Buy one (eBay is a good start, a $400-$500 system should do the trick)
2. Try hackintosh on your pc (could be a little tricky, recommended for computer enthusiast)

Good luck to you all.

***And to Eminem, if you ever was to read this. You're lucky i won't sue your ass, buddy:ufdup: Many others will not be as forgiving for the waste of time, and pain to our eardrums that your album has caused.

LMFAOOOOOOOOO

I will wait for this trash to hit youtube because I don't even wanna wast time finding some zippy share link, unzipping the folder and dragging to iTunes, boosting the volume in the settings, listening and then deleting