Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he’s not gonna retire somebody is gonna have to put him back on drugs. Sober em gets worse and worse the more sober he is.

This album puts him safely out of my top 10 rappers. If the first third of his career wasn’t so good I don’t think anyone would have gotten this many chances to ruin people’s ears.

10 :trash: our of 10 :trash:

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
30 pages in a couple of hours dikkriding for this racist cac. This website is definitely at least 80/20 cacs/black people, probably even worse than that.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
1.Dre more than likely sold his share of Eminem's contract to interscope(reason why he no longer produces for eminem)

2.Eminem's manager sold him down the river if you ask me.How do you let your artist sign his name over to the record label ?......I honestly feel bad for Em.Any business deal he makes,interscope gets a cut.If he want to do a movie,interscope gets a cut.I believe this is the real reason why Eminem no longer tours.Because Interscope would probably get most of the money,and tell him who to tour with.

3.Dre and Iovine made billions from beats,50 has his independence and/power tv show,Pual Rosemberg was named ceo of defjam...and Eminem is a slave to interscope records with no way out(unless he gives them his life savings).....sad shyt.
Also, regarding point number three Eminem said on that new documentary on HBO that he was annoyed that Dre and Jimmy just wanted to sell headphones

In a way Eminem is sort of a victim of the old model of how the record business works

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm starting to wonder if he was a trend. Like i'm not sure if he was ever great at this point. I can't even listen to any of his old albums in full besides the eminem show.
In hindsight I think he was a trend that got to be the most overrated hip hop artist of all time, because he was a fantastic rapper.

I don't know if that makes sense, but those that know what I mean get it

The Exchanges

All Star
Daps
'Cause you should be up in the sky, girl, you're so fukking fly
You belong in the mile high club

fukkin' 'fore we get to the house, screwin' our brains out
Like changing a lightbulb

I'm wrapped around her finger
A yo-yo on a string
She lets me sit there and just dangle

Donald Duck's on the tonka truck stuck in the yard

Two ass cheek implants, call that an asset
Cause you could stick a glass on it, it's massive

Sorry if I'm being graphic, but I'm stiff as a statue
You sat on a shelf, I feel like I'm a bust

But just like a girl who thinks her coochie doesn't stink

Asked her in she wants a computer shoved up her vagina

Said my dikk is an Apple
She said "put it inside her"

Cause it just died like "ooh, food coloring, duh"

Today wasn't my birthday
But I'm caked up like a dessert tray

I'm swimming in that Egyptian River cause I'm in denial (the Nile)

:mjlol: he be saying shyt just to say it. I'm pirating this shyt just to laugh.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Wow, that was tough, listened to it front to back, had to take breaks every couple songs cause it really was a chore getting through this, the last 12 seconds of the album are the sounds of a toilet flushing, can only assume thats a subliminal aimed at the listeners. Heres a quick break down of the album
1-walk on water:no beat to rank, lyrics are Em complaining about people complaining about him.
2-believe:beat is tolerable, better suited for someone else, em bites the "new rap" flow and asks in a most cringe worthy manner if the consuming public still believes, general consensus is they do not.
3-chloraseptic:probably the most tolerable song on the album, but not very good, Em experiments with his Big Sean/Drake flows over a beat that blends Gucci mane trap drums and Diplomats esque operatics
4-Untouchable:Em speaking up for the plight of young black males in America over a beat that most certainly alienates most residents of any urban environment.
5-River:Em rapping about male/female dynamics over pop beat with pop hook.
6/7 Remind me:Em rapping about male/female dynamics over rock track with rock hook.
8-Revival interlude:A clip from a Florence & The Machine album or something, i dunno.
9-Like Home:Love song for 'merica, softer than a chinchilla rabbit hybrid.
10-Bad Husband:Em rapping about the married male/female dynamics over a folk-hop beat with a folk-rock chorus.
11-Tragic Endings:Em rapping about more male/female dynamics over a wack beat with a chorus by Skylar Grey that is anything but hip hop
12-Framed:Em back on his Slim Shady killin broads shyt, out of place on this album, beat sounds like a leftover from Cypress Hills 4th album. Nothing special but I imagine the Stanley's will regard this as the standout record.
13-Nowhere Fast:Weird combination of Em rapping about social issues and also how he can't be faded on the mic. Beat is trash, conceptually the song lives up to its title
14-Heat:terrible bars abundant over another awful rock track.
15-Offended:Beat sounds unfinished, at one point Em raps the childrens song "nobody likes me, everybody hates me, matter as well go eat worms" perhaps that would be time better spent for him. He's on his Slim Shady steez here, again, seems out of place in relation to this body of work.
16-Need Me:Another relationship with problems song over a very un-hip hop beat, but this one has Pink singing for the first 2 minutes of it.
17-In Your Head:Sad sack rappin over rock samples.
18-Castle:Daddy daughter dedication over a tolerable beat and a tolerable hook. Maybe the most tolerable selection on the album and also offers some hope in that Em raps this is his last album, although, sadly I fear that wont be the case.
19-Arose:Em eulogizes himself, mourns Proof and has a living funeral for himself. Beat is garbage. Album closes with church organs and a toilet flushing. Symbolizing his career dying and the substance of what may be his final effort. Appropriate.

Overall 0.75/10

Jesus Christ I can see he’s trying to grow up but where the fukk does he gets his beats from? He has people like Boi 1da who can make dope beats like Blacler The Berry but he chooses the worst joints from them. He has Alchemist on his team he has Dre he has any producer in the world, he has Will Power and whoever else Yelawolf works wth these days. Even if he wanted to go in a new direction he picks the shyttiest beats. This rock pop shyt is no good. I don’t think I’m even going to bother listening to the album