Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Listening to this and you can tell how much of this has become a money grab and obligation with Interscope Em has to fulfill.
"Framed", "Tragic Ending", "Offended", "In Your Head", "Castle", and the second beat on "Untouchable" probably fit Em the best with his voice and he rode the beats right.
Songs like "River" and "Heat" you can tell is geared to the "I only listen to Eminem as far as rap goes but everything else I like is rock based" audience production wise.
Other than that, I don't find myself listening to this full out except for maybe a few songs here and there.

The irony: he spent his career tearing down so many pop stars but now he is the pop star the public is tearing down. Karma? Could be. But it is interesting.

Rating it, 2 out of 5.
Very fair review

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
How are the ALC beats?
As far as I know there's only one, and there's only 102 tiny things that would even make me think it's Al.

It's cool. Consensus seems to be it's the best joint on the album.

But I still wouldn't give it over a 3.5 out of 5.

It's kind of on some Relapse serial killer vibe but without the accents.

The hook is corny. It would be a dope song with a better hook.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly this shyt makes MMLP2 and Recovery look like classics. At least Em still had some dope songs on those like On Fire, Brainless, Groundhog Day, Evil Twin. He's not even trying on this, he has none of those signature Em verses you instantly replay. With his last 2 albums I still saw some signs of Classic Em, but with this it's lookin like a wrap...

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Reddit is hilarious

:mjlol:

"I just finished my 4th listen of the album and I can't stop smiling. Holy fukk guess who's back? Em has done it again with another instant classic. After every track I'm like oh shyt banger, classic, classic, banger, banger now this is hip-hop. I've been bumping the new Jay-Z and CunninLynguists album but fukk that I'm deleting those and I'm going to go through my library and delete other albums. Em has set a new bar and standard with Revival and what I look for in a good hip-hop album. I still can't believe he's been in the game for 15+ years. The way he has evolved, grown and matured as an artist over the years "My dikk is an apple she wants me to put it inside her (in cider)." What a dope album. I'm a 20 y/o political science student and Hillary supporter and the bars he spits dissing Trump has left me in tears of joy. When I get back to my dorm tonight I'm going to crack open a cold bottle of cat piss (Mountain Dew) shove a buttplug in my ass (my gerbil ran away) while jerking off to this lit af banger of an album all fukking night and into the morning this is straight fukking fire. Thank you Em for once again raising the bar and crushing wack MCs. Bend the knee motherfukkers another masterpiece from the Rap God!"

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Honestly this shyt makes MMLP2 and Recovery look like classics. At least Em still had some dope songs on those like On Fire, Brainless, Groundhog Day, Evil Twin. He's not even trying on this, he has none of those signature Em verses you instantly replay. With his last 2 albums I still saw some signs of Classic Em, but with this it's lookin like a wrap...
Evil Twin was a dope song.

Sid Roams did their thing with the beat on that...

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Very fair review

It's tough being a fan of Eminem; like the last album I bought of his was Encore but I don't mind the others either. As an artist, I like what he has done as a lyricist. Bending the syllables in the bars and rhyming back to back. People criticize his flow more now and it used to be some of the content. I don't have a problem with the flow because he has always done that. The end result of the product, imo, is what suffers. I think all he had to do really is get up with Denaun Porter, Alchemist, Dr. Dre, and a few others and give us the grittier shyt. No Rick Rubin because "Beserk" didn't really work and Em was trying to pay homage to the Beastie Boys and it sucked. If Em had the kind of production "Hot Sauce Committee Part 2" had then it would have been better. Keep Skylar Grey around because she seems to work well with him. And bring Dre back in the fold to executive produce.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Reddit is hilarious

:mjlol:

"I just finished my 4th listen of the album and I can't stop smiling. Holy fukk guess who's back? Em has done it again with another instant classic. After every track I'm like oh shyt banger, classic, classic, banger, banger now this is hip-hop. I've been bumping the new Jay-Z and CunninLynguists album but fukk that I'm deleting those and I'm going to go through my library and delete other albums. Em has set a new bar and standard with Revival and what I look for in a good hip-hop album. I still can't believe he's been in the game for 15+ years. The way he has evolved, grown and matured as an artist over the years "My dikk is an apple she wants me to put it inside her (in cider)." What a dope album. I'm a 20 y/o political science student and Hillary supporter and the bars he spits dissing Trump has left me in tears of joy. When I get back to my dorm tonight I'm going to crack open a cold bottle of cat piss (Mountain Dew) shove a buttplug in my ass (my gerbil ran away) while jerking off to this lit af banger of an album all fukking night and into the morning this is straight fukking fire. Thank you Em for once again raising the bar and crushing wack MCs. Bend the knee motherfukkers another masterpiece from the Rap God!"

:dwillhuh::scust:

them albums easily shyt on this turd.