Albums Eminem - REVIVAL (Discussion Thread)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Played it a few times this afternoon...it was a little rough to get through...

Rick seriously thought these beats fit Em?

These shyts are meh for the most part...sound hollow as fukk...and just plain don't fit Em.

Tragic Endings sounds like Love the Way I need a Doctor 2.0, especially with bland ass Skylar Grey

leaking 2 days early...has to be him, trying to gauge to see how people receive it...this shyt is just...jarring.

All them features are ass...and the solo tracks just sound off...and not even in a relapse/accent off...just off.

I seriously don't get how the fukk this was greenlit.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Played it a few times this afternoon...it was a little rough to get through...

Rick seriously thought these beats fit Em?

These shyts are meh for the most part...sound hollow as fukk...and just plain don't fit Em.

Tragic Endings sounds like Love the Way I need a Doctor 2.0, especially with bland ass Skylar Grey

leaking 2 days early...has to be him, trying to gauge to see how people receive it...this shyt is just...jarring.

All them features are ass...and the solo tracks just sound off...and not even in a relapse/accent off...just off.

I seriously don't get how the fukk this was greenlit.
I agree with all of this, album is a fukking mess lol

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
This type of pickle we're in is hard to deal (dill)

:heh:

Yo his punch lines fell off so bad since Recovery..."quit playing with the scissors and shyt and cut the crap"

I'm going to the tavren and lifting the table - raising the bar...or whatever the fukk that line was :heh:

I guess that's why the call it window pane (pain) :mjlol:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Em sums it up best himself on the aptly titled "Nowhere fast" -I feel sorry for this beat, sympathy pains for this track

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Listening to this and you can tell how much of this has become a money grab and obligation with Interscope Em has to fulfill.
"Framed", "Tragic Ending", "Offended", "In Your Head", "Castle", and the second beat on "Untouchable" probably fit Em the best with his voice and he rode the beats right.
Songs like "River" and "Heat" you can tell is geared to the "I only listen to Eminem as far as rap goes but everything else I like is rock based" audience production wise.
Other than that, I don't find myself listening to this full out except for maybe a few songs here and there.

The irony: he spent his career tearing down so many pop stars but now he is the pop star the public is tearing down. Karma? Could be. But it is interesting.

Rating it, 2 out of 5.