Embracer Group to start shutting down studios to save on costs

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I don't think Sony wants them, honestly. And seeing as Microsoft was eyeing IO Interactive, I wouldn't be surprise if Crystal Dynamic Eidos was on their radar, too.
After Acti-Blizz I'll be surprised if Microsoft bothers buying any more studios

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Some franchises just aren’t meant to go on forever, especially when the company and culture changes so much around it
Yeah, the only few franchises that I could see being around forever no matter how people love or hate the franchises are Mario and Sonic, there's others franchises that'll stand the test of time, but some of them are pretty debatable.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Some franchises just aren’t meant to go on forever, especially when the company and culture changes so much around it
Nah, if they made an actual good game they would not be in this predicament. As long as you make genuinely good games shyt can go on forever. If the new game was not named Saints Row it still would be a pile of shyt.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Nah, if they made an actual good game they would not be in this predicament. As long as you make genuinely good games shyt can go on forever. If the new game was not named Saints Row it still would be a pile of shyt.
All the dumbasses had to do was listen to their fans and remake/remaster Sr2...

That's it and they'd still be in business...

AStrangeName

Daps
After Acti-Blizz I'll be surprised if Microsoft bothers buying any more studios
Phil said that they'll be sailing the seven seas to discover and find One Piece. Pretty much, they might be done with the U.S. for now, but will be hitting up Europe and Asia, mainly Japan, so don't be surprise if you hear more on their acquisition adventures next year.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Saw that coming, sad. Embracer is gonna kill so many studios over the course of this gen
So if they were independent and made a hugely expensive game like Saints Row and it flopped they’d be good?

It’s unfortunate but after producing such a failure expected. That’s the gaming environment now.
It would be more like denying you’re Christian
I’ve gone to church a few times a year because it was important to the woman I was dating and family. I am not a Christian. The act of going to church on occasion doesn’t make you a Christian.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Wait, people think that after that bomb this studio would still be alive if they were independent or owned by one of the "good guys"?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tone switching is nuts.

Y'all wanted anyone but MS to get these studios.

Now....

:mjlol:

Y'all want all these smaller studios to just be hanging around dropping 3rd party triple A games

But when they flop... :mjlol:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

What a mess. It would make sense for take two to buy them since they own borderlands

Edit- Take Two doesn’t own the rights, they own the publishing rights.

AStrangeName

Daps
What a mess. It would make sense for take two to buy them since they own borderlands

Edit- Take Two doesn’t own the rights, they own the publishing rights.
Even then, out of all companies, Take Two makes the most realistic sense seeing as they have a good relationship with Gearbox for over ten years now.