Embracer Group to start shutting down studios to save on costs

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps

come-on-man-nileseyy-niles.gif

We better appreciate Crystal Dynamics and Eidos, while they're still with us :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So they bought a bunch of studios and IPs only to not-use them or drive them into the ground entirely. Great...

Its the equivilant to musk buying twitter just to fukk it up because he was bored one day. These dudes were just bragging last year about how they wanted to buy 34 more studios in their investor call

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its the equivilant to musk buying twitter just to fukk it up because he was bored one day. These dudes were just bragging last year about how they wanted to buy 34 more studios in their investor call
I just want Legacy of Kain and Deus Ex back, is that too much to ask?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just want Legacy of Kain and Deus Ex back, is that too much to ask?

I doubt they get there tbh, i will be surprised if the new Tomb Raider gets released under them.

People hate on square enix and how they handled them (which they do deserve some criticism for) but they also put out A LOT of games under SE.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So they bought a bunch of studios and IPs only to not-use them or drive them into the ground entirely. Great...
Interest rates were non-existent. Money was cheap so they spent like no tomorrow. We in a different climate now and they gotta get stuff under control. After that deal fell through this was inevitable.

There’s another side to it though. The companies that sold to them didn’t really have to sell. They could have kept operating as they were.

This is what we have to look forward to. Groups buying up a bunch of studios but no vision/direction from the top.
Their vision and direction have jack shyt to do with the economy taking off in a different direction and them getting caught with their pants down. Seemed like they had a vision of acquiring known IPs and putting out remasters and remakes.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

Oh well they had some pretty good studios under their belt but fukk em. Greedy company fukks up hmmm where have I heard of them before???:russ: