Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Not true.

Also, if an almost 80 year old White man is our best chance of beating Trump, then the Democratic Party is useless :hhh:.
Whats not true? Biden the only one who has a chance? Or someone else could beat Trump? Who can beat Trump from the Dems? Hillary? Booker? Warren? Harris?? You think those corporate prostitutes and career politicians stand a chance? You forget what platform Trump ran under? Draining the swamp. Populism. People are tired of these corporate whores who protect their interest and not the public. If Biden doesn't run, than goodbye Dems in 2020.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Whats not true? Biden the only one who has a chance? Or someone else could beat Trump? Who can beat Trump from the Dems? Hillary? Booker? Warren? Harris?? You think those corporate prostitutes and career politicians stand a chance? You forget what platform Trump ran under? Draining the swamp. Populism. People are tired of these corporate whores who protect their interest and not the public. If Biden doesn't run, than goodbye Dems in 2020.
:snoop:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I instantly picture Ted Cruz and his success in spite of being a literal meme for politician nobody likes. Likeability and viability really do seem intertwined only when it's convenient to narrative.
that's bullshyt. ted cruz won local senate races, and so did warren and hillary

ted cruz is never gonna win nationally, because he's unlikeable. it's the same thing :yeshrug:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
biden is exactly who you dont want vs trump, hell be linked to obama/hilary and trump will have a field day, hes the epitome of establishment dem
tell biden to spout some shyt about legalizing weed and he loses that stigma

if he was like 5 years younger he'd easily be the best personality to go at trump. flipping trump voters is gonna be all about 'assuring them' that if the dem wins, it's not that bad. biden does that :yeshrug:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Biden is a populist and Warren is a career politician corporate shill....are y'all nikkas even paying attention or are you just here for the free coffee? :gucci:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
that's bullshyt. ted cruz won local senate races, and so did warren and hillary

ted cruz is never gonna win nationally, because he's unlikeable. it's the same thing :yeshrug:

For clarity's sake, this is about how their presidential election viability is portrayed by would be "experts" and with absolutely zero relation to them winning local elections (literally the most obvious observation one can make).

Basically, go find any articles that center on Ted Cruz being disliked by the party as a fatal flaw to his candidacy. It was definitely well known before he even announced, but it was never a headline story set up to define his candidacy like what's on display in the tweet I quoted. If you can find some of those receipts, I'm open to changing my mind. There's a difference between Cruz being well known for not being liked and still having coverage his candidacy focused on issues like his Immigration stances versus Elizabeth Warren having three robust bills on the table right now but having her candidacy boiled down to "can people like her?"

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For clarity's sake, this is about how their presidential election viability is portrayed by would be "experts" and with absolutely zero relation to them winning local elections (literally the most obvious observation one can make).

Basically, go find any articles that center on Ted Cruz being disliked by the party as a fatal flaw to his candidacy. It was definitely well known before he even announced, but it was never a headline story set up to define his candidacy like what's on display in the tweet I quoted. If you can find some of those receipts, I'm open to changing my mind. There's a difference between Cruz being well known for not being liked and still having coverage his candidacy focused on issues like his Immigration stances versus Elizabeth Warren having three robust bills on the table right now but having her candidacy boiled down to "can people like her?"
im not gonna sit here and downplay what women have to go through in politics, because they're clearly at a disadvantage compared to men and held to double standards

warren is unlikeable because of that native american bullshyt. hillary was unlikeable because she's a terrible person. ted cruz is unlikeable because he's a spineless scumbag with zero integrity. i hear what you're saying, but im hesitant to go the other way where a female candidate's flaws are ALSO downplayed because she's a woman

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
im not gonna sit here and downplay what women have to go through in politics, because they're clearly at a disadvantage compared to men and held to double standards

warren is unlikeable because of that native american bullshyt. hillary was unlikeable because she's a terrible person. ted cruz is unlikeable because he's a spineless scumbag with zero integrity. i hear what you're saying, but im hesitant to go the other way where a female candidate's flaws are ALSO downplayed because she's a woman

I'm not saying it should be downplayed, I'm saying it shouldn't be the headline of her candidacy coverage. She has current legislation proposed for anti-corruption in lobbying and congress; anti-corporate corruption; and predatory patenting plus price hiking by pharmaceutical companies. She's probably the main reason for the CFPB and also was pushed by some organizations to run prior to last election (MoveOn coming to mind). None of that got attention in the article.

"Elizabeth Warren is running for president, here's what the country would look like if she had her way" = A way to let people look at her plan for the country.

"Elizabeth Warren is running for president, but can she avoid being as unlikeable like Clinton was?" = TMZ-Politics although I'll give them credit for linking to the definitive article about Warren's Native American claim and history.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying it should be downplayed, I'm saying it shouldn't be the headline of her candidacy coverage. She has current legislation proposed for anti-corruption in lobbying and congress; anti-corporate corruption; and predatory patenting plus price hiking by pharmaceutical companies. She's probably the main reason for the CFPB and also was pushed by some organizations to run prior to last election (MoveOn coming to mind). None of that got attention in the article.

"Elizabeth Warren is running for president, here's what the country would look like if she had her way" = A way to let people look at her plan for the country.

"Elizabeth Warren is running for president, but can she avoid being as unlikeable like Clinton was?" = TMZ-Politics although I'll give them credit for linking to the definitive article about Warren's Native American claim and history.
agreed :ehh:

im voting for her if she wins the primary :yeshrug:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
She has current legislation proposed for anti-corruption in lobbying and congress; anti-corporate corruption; and predatory patenting plus price hiking by pharmaceutical companies.
Don’t forget the Accountable Capitalism Act, which is the most comprehensive, ambitious, economically progressive plan proposed by any 2020 candidate so far! Also the American Housing and Economic Mobility Act, which goes further in redressing the racial wealth gap than any other plan so far!

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I think people are making too much of her foreign policy. She's not a hawk and isn't in it with the contractors. Her only blemish is voting for defense spending increases while Trump is in office. I'm sure she'll explain herself on that but she starts at more of a position of strength than anyone except Bernie.

We need those two to be the last one's remaining.