Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
If Warren endorses Joe Biden you're arguing she's a progressive? Joe Biden isn't really doing any of the shyt she's talking about implementing.
I'm not sure if you realize this you, but in politics there's this thing called "politicking" where you may not agree on every single value but can influence the eventual nominee of implementing some of your ideas down the road. Can you please tell me how in the hell would bernie implement his ideas in Washington without working with non progressives? Hopefully bernies successor understands... that you can't just tear down washington and wallstreet at the same damn time especially considering it's the party you have to pass actual legislation with. The president is a relatively powerless position without its political base, Bernie's trying to win without his parties voting block.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I'm not sure if you realize this you, but in politics there's this thing called "politicking" where you may not agree on every single value but can influence the eventual nominee of implementing some of your ideas down the road. Can you please tell me how in the hell would bernie implement his ideas in Washington without working with non progressives? Hopefully bernies successor understands... that you can't just tear down washington and wallstreet at the same damn time especially considering it's the party you have to pass actual legislation with. The president is a relatively powerless position without its political base, Bernie's trying to win without his parties voting block.
This brings me to question is bernie trying to actually win the presidency or is he just trying to start a movement?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The people have the ability to shape the party. The public votes. The election of Bernie Sanders to me is the public demanding real change. If Bernie gets in there and he can't get shyt done but people like his ideals then they start voting these other donor puppets out of office and elect people who work with him.

Your argument is the real power lies with the politicians in office and my argument is the real power lies with the people that elect them to office.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This brings me to question is bernie trying to actually win the presidency or is he just trying to start a movement?
Why can't it be both?

Trump was elected because the general public rejected the status quo. Democrats lost states they typically win because the status quo wasn't good enough for them anymore. Mark my words. Bernie may lose in the general but Biden will lose. People already rejected what Biden represents.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
It's "toxic" to suggest that a progressive should endorse a progressive candidate, but it's not toxic to openly root for the progressive to lose "cause his supporters need to learn a lesson"???

We have to just accept that there's a significant % of Warren supporters, (not just on the Coli), who don't give a fukk about this at all. Truth be told, if the situations were reversed, there'd be some die-hard Bernie stans doing the same thing, but neither group is in the right.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
The people have the ability to shape the party. The public votes. The election of Bernie Sanders to me is the public demanding real change. If Bernie gets in there and he can't get shyt done but people like his ideals then they start voting these other donor puppets out of office and elect people who work with him.

Your argument is the real power lies with the politicians in office and my argument is the real power lies with the people that elect them to office.
The people thus far have rejected progressives candidates at rapid rates 90% of the justice democrats have failed biden is leading bernie by over 1mm+ votes without considering the bloomberg factor. I think its pretty obvious that strong arming your way into change without making several vital steps isn't what the overall country want. Politicans are rejecting it and so are the people.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
It's seems Bernie supporters want it both ways some times.

If you accept that he has made progressive ideas part of the mainstream of the Dem party then one should be able to accept that he might not be the best or only person who can carry it out.

:yeshrug:
Well he's been in office for over 30 years without any major legislation:manny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Where was that guy that was talking about there being no Bernie discussion in the warren thread?

Bernie is selfish and his game plan was trash in 2016 and arguably worse in 2020 when you consider he had a 4 year head start on the competition.

He missed the boat on propping up a younger version of himself that hadn’t already burned bridges with the majority of the Democratic Party

I’ve said it before but to have been in politics as long as he has, its mindblowing that he has NO idea how to play the game

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Are the Bernie supporters running for president? This is the corny stuff I was talking about, posters are more concerned with what some people online are saying than they are about their preferred candidate.
I actually don’t care. I voted yesterday, she’s up against the ropes, so yea, I can talk about supporters, not much more for me to do re warren at this point. and why be in a Liz thread if we’re supposed to just worry about our candidate?

Furthermore, that email was more than supporters, it was the actual campaign, but I’ll let you soap box if you want

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Is this about personal ambition and not trying to make enemies in high places or is it about getting progressive policies pushed?
If Warren sees Bernie's chances as DOA even with her endorsement, the progressive move might be making sure there is a progressive voice in the room in the administration of the inevitable winner. That was her rationale for not endorsing either Bernie or Hillary in 2016. She knew Bernie couldn't win, so she used her non-endorsement to extract progressive concessions from Hillary's team. Warren isn't in this for symbolic wins or principled defeats, she's in this to actually wield power to enact a progressive agenda.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Why not do this first so when people like Liz and Bernie stand up there with their ideas and people talk about how far fetched they are, they’ll already have the infrastructure there in congress to point to and say - “those people are how”

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
If Warren sees Bernie's chances as DOA even with her endorsement, the progressive move might be making sure there is a progressive voice in the room in the administration of the inevitable winner. That was her rationale for not endorsing either Bernie or Hillary in 2016. She knew Bernie couldn't win, so she used her non-endorsement to extract progressive concessions from Hillary's team. Warren isn't in this for symbolic wins or principled defeats, she's in this to actually wield power to enact a progressive agenda.

Leave the symbolic gestures for Bernie. Go get and wield power Liz

They both represent massive symbolic gestures and wield actual power. The in-fighting only helps the rest of the democratic elite and conservatives.