Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not how this works. Most people making 200k have employer sponsored insurance. That money isn't coming back to them because the employer is also being taxed under Sanders's plan.

So actually they're not getting any money back and are now paying more in taxes that equates to the same types of premiums so you say are unjust and are holding people back.

$200,000 is a random number I used to do the math on the cost to the middle class. After getting so much pushback I decided to look at how much of country makes that much. According to the article I found from 2018 only 6.9% of households make $200,000 or more. So the vast majority of the country would be less than $6,840 annually.

Americans earning over $200K are flocking to these 4 neighborhoods | Produced by Advertising Publications

The median income in the country is $31,099 and people making roughly that amount would pay $84 annually in taxes without having to pay health insurance premiums. The average income in the country is $63,179 and people making that amount would pay $1,367 annually.

The average cost of health insurance as of 2018 was $574 per month for an individual $6,888 annually and $1,634 per month for a family or $19,608. The rates fluctuate based on the amount of coverage and that does include the employer paid amount but the employee rate is still higher than the amount that most of the country would pay under Medicare for all and they would get significantly better coverage.

How Much Does Health Insurance Cost?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
$200,000 is a random number I used to do the math on the cost to the middle class. After getting so much pushback I decided to look at how much of country makes that much. According to the article I found from 2018 only 6.9% of households make $200,000 or more. So the vast majority of the country would be less than $6,840 annually.

Americans earning over $200K are flocking to these 4 neighborhoods | Produced by Advertising Publications

The median income in the country is $31,099 and people making roughly that amount would pay $84 annually in taxes without having to pay health insurance premiums. The average income in the country is $63,179 and people making that amount would pay $1,367 annually.

The average cost of health insurance as of 2018 was $574 per month for an individual $6,888 annually and $1,634 per month for a family or $19,608. The rates fluctuate based on the amount of coverage and that does include the employer paid amount but the employee rate is still higher than the amount that most of the country would pay under Medicare for all and they would get significantly better coverage.

How Much Does Health Insurance Cost?
My only complaint was this part which you left out.
First, here are the facts: The average monthly cost of health insurance (including employer and employee contributions) for an individual in 2018 was $574 per month and family coverage averaged $1,634.1

My insurance is I believe 738/mo for me and my son. I don't pay any of that.

So a raise in taxes ofof 500/mo or whatever is a non starter.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
you know what, i wasnt trying to be divisive :hubie:

ive mentioned it before, warren is literally my senator and i voted to re-elect her in 2018. i think she can be more effective than chuck schumer, who is not someone i respect
Nah I know you weren't and I apologize because rereading it I clearly came off too harsh. The tone of my posts is something I need to work on...

Again, I don't disagree with you that she'd be a better majority leader, and a better minority leader; however, abilty to do the job and ability to take the job are two separate concerns. If it were an open position, like when Harry Reid retired, that'd be different.

As leader Schumer controls committee assignments, he can gift funds to members (leadership comes with better fundraising opportunities and the majority leader/speaker typically has the largest warchest), and can do oyher favors for members (ie pork belly spending, favoring their legislation, amendments, etc). Additionally, they're the ones who usually recruit and/or back people to run for Senate (he recruited/backed Cunningham, O'Rourke then Hegar, Hickenlooper, Bullock who declined, Kelly, Gideon). Those people would be naturally less inclined to give him the boot simply for the sake of giving him the boot.

We're just discussing challenging him for the position. I haven't even covered actually managing the caucus if she become the leader (and I don't plan to).

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My only complaint was this part which you left out.

My insurance is I believe 738/mo for me and my son. I don't pay any of that.

So a raise in taxes ofof 500/mo or whatever is a non starter.

Read my post again, I did mention that part. While you as an individual have a great situation, the vast majority of the country doesn't. If you want to vote for what is best for you individually vs what's best for the majority of the country that's your choice.

The fact is that Medicare for all would help most people save money and have quality health care without worrying about something important not being covered. There's a reason that even in South Carolina, where Bernie Sanders lost, the exit polls showed that about 70% of the voters were in favor of Medicare for all.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If she cares about defeating trump she should either get out and wait for the eventual winner or endorse biden( with obvious concessions). i just don't understand the logic behind how endorsing bernie who's losing momentum helps her at all especially considering he might lose and then she looks stupid with egg on her face.
Following your ideals is always a more powerful move that beat politician X. Candidates that don’t have real backers who support them aren’t going to beat candidates that do. Almost nobody voting for Biden actually wants him. Most think he’s their best shot at beating Trump. They’re wrong.

Daps
The fact that her own state turned on her tells me a lot about how the voting electric feels about woman

This is not an indicator of Massachusetts turning on Warren. The electorate fears, after what happened to Hillary, that Warren cannot beat Trump. There is also the pragmatic support for a Biden whom many feel can build a cross section of support that is broader than the narrow progressive backing Warren and Bernie enjoy. There is also the sexism of many Bernie supporters who prefer a man being the face of the revolution. A lot of reasons are to account for Warren’s third place finish in Massachusetts, but her popularity in that state is not one of them. She is well liked here and will easily win re-election if she doesn’t win the nomination for President and remains in the Senate.

:francis:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low Quality Posting
This is not an indicator of Massachusetts turning on Warren. The electorate fears, after what happened to Hillary, that Warren cannot beat Trump. There is also the pragmatic support for a Biden whom many feel can build a cross section of support that is broader than the narrow progressive backing Warren and Bernie enjoy. There is also the sexism of many Bernie supporters who prefer a man being the face of the revolution. A lot of reasons are to account for Warren’s third place finish in Massachusetts, but her popularity in that state is not one of them. She is well liked here and will easily win re-election if she doesn’t win the nomination for President and remains in the Senate.

:francis:
its all of the above. its about women. sure. but its not mostly about that issue. that issue is the lowest out of all of them. its about pramatism, which is stupid if you're a progressive because hiring joe for the job is just as bad as trump when its all said and done. joe nor trump help working class people thrive. But a ton of those people backed bernie over warren. thats a sign the progressives in her own state aint feeling warren. not warren the woman. but warren the lying white woman, warren the light weight flip flopper, warren the "i'm just a player in the game", warren the "no super pacs. but i'll wait to not use them after yall stop using them, while bernie and tulsi never used them. a follower vs leaders.)

you think people dont see this?

Daps
its all of the above. its about women. sure. but its not mostly about that issue. that issue is the lowest out of all of them. its about pramatism, which is stupid if you're a progressive because hiring joe for the job is just as bad as trump when its all said and done. joe nor trump help working class people thrive. But a ton of those people backed bernie over warren. thats a sign the progressives in her own state aint feeling warren. not warren the woman. but warren the lying white woman, warren the light weight flip flopper, warren the "i'm just a player in the game", warren the "no super pacs. but i'll wait to not use them after yall stop using them, while bernie and tulsi never used them. a follower vs leaders.)

you think people dont see this?
Bernie has just many guffaws and tone deaf incidents to account for, but he’s given a pass because:

1. he’s a white male

2. Most of his tone deafness and racism is towards black people, so his white supporters don’t care

And Warren never flip flopped on Medicare 4 All or Super Pacs. Bernie himself is supported by a Super Pac.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bernie has just many guffaws and tone deaf incidents to account for, but he’s given a pass because:

1. he’s a white male

2. Most of his tone deafness and racism is towards black people, so his white supporters don’t care

And Warren never flip flopped on Medicare 4 All or Super Pacs. Bernie himself is supported by a Super Pac.

What super pac are you talking about?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
i'd like to thank the men who see the sexism at work. i'm far from being a feminist, but there are certain truths to the obstacles we face, so it's good to see people understand it's not as overt as a sexual comment or outright saying "a woman can't/shouldn't be x..."
This whole shyt really broke my girl's heart. Lotta "progressives" really showed their whole ass. :francis:

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
Apparently there is a wild rumor that she is going to endorse *drum roll*...

Joe Biden.

That better be a wild rumor indeed.

F K

All Star
Daps
Warren for majority leader could be the move. Getting tired of Schumer :ehh: