Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I always start off campaign post-mortems with where the candidate failed. Then I focus on the electorate. Others in this thread have done a great job of highlighting those issues so I won't be.

Anyway, off the top if my head...
She had spooky battleground polls, allegedly didn't hire a pollster to work for the campaign (novice move if true), courted the wrong voters (why are you going after Sanders' hard 15%?), had an incredibly high burnrate, got overly wonky trying to explain a proposal she erroneously co-opted (Congress legislates, stop legislating), waited too long to go on the offensive (she did nothing to stop Buttigieg from rising at her expense, his proposals were never even vetted), peaked too early, is a woman, etc...

We won't have enough info to do an autopsy for a minute.
I mean this is pretty good for a thumb nail

Last edited:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Well off rip it’s going to be hard because she was being too nice at first and her kindness was taken for weakness and ultimately an inability to beat trump

When she started defending herself and going on offense she became a deceitful, non progressive snake that was “doing too much” when she was going at bloomberg

honestly this election opened my eyes up more to the plight women and especially working class women have more than 2016. They have to find a balance that doesn’t actually exist. And this is all multiplied when it’s a black woman
The fact that her own state turned on her tells me a lot about how the voting electric feels about woman

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate double posting, but thank you for this it's something that happened to me as well and my lady has been saying "I told you so" for months. I'm sure others see it too and it's actually something that needs a broader discussion. Probably not on this website though, these dudes are misogynists.

That's the thing a lot of the posters here think it's only sexism if you hear some cartoon line like "I'll never vote for you because you have a vagina" It's a lot more insidious and under the radar. Whenever they talk about her being angry or her being too smart you can kind of see it manifest with shyt like that.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
here's a better plan; declare her intent to run against chuck schumer for majority leader if the dems take the senate back

if you want all these bills and laws she's talking about, this is your chance :yeshrug: and it's a fukkin good one, frankly. look at what moscow mitch has done with the power that seat has
Yeah but that hollow because that ain't happening

Not IMO anyway

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Buttigieg and Klobuchar when push came to shove decided to put their ideology over their own personal aspirations and bow out to make their wing of the party stronger

Buttigieg's ambition in politics is tied to him getting the hell out of IN. That's why he ran for DNC chair in 2017. He knew he had no shot at being the nominee and Biden winning all but guarantees he's a part of the next administration. The man has said Buttigieg reminds him of his son Beau.

Perhaps there's an argument for Klobuchar but she could easily be the next SOS or [insert cabinet position] because a deal was most assuredly cut. Maybe she just wanted the satisfaction of suspending after Buttigieg because she's petty?

If Warren wants to run a boutique campaign for as long as she can that's her perorgative. If Sanders has nothing to offer her to get her to suspend, that's a failing on his part. With Bloomberg suspending whatever anticipated gains you think Sanders would get from her doing the same would be negated. Especially if he puts his ad machine behind Biden.

Of course, I expect and would like her to suspend.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i'd like to thank the men who see the sexism at work. i'm far from being a feminist, but there are certain truths to the obstacles we face, so it's good to see people understand it's not as overt as a sexual comment or outright saying "a woman can't/shouldn't be x..."

Last edited:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I guess my beefs with Warren at this point are she won't get out of the race now that it's clear she doesn't have a path. From a progressive standpoint she has to know she overlaps with Bernie on voters and many of her's (not all) would shift to him.

Buttigieg and Klobuchar when push came to shove decided to put their ideology over their own personal aspirations and bow out to make their wing of the party stronger.

This isn't the first time Warren has done something like this. She wouldn't back Bernie in 2016 either and sat on the sidelines until Clinton won then came in and backed her. Hell people wanted her to run back then and she refused. In 2016 I was saying both her and Bernie were closer than her and Clinton so why didn't she back him?

I get that she has some beef with Bernie now but part of being a great politician is setting that stuff aside and forging alliances.
If she cares about defeating trump she should either get out and wait for the eventual winner or endorse biden( with obvious concessions). i just don't understand the logic behind how endorsing bernie who's losing momentum helps her at all especially considering he might lose and then she looks stupid with egg on her face.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
@the cac mamba
That doesn't make sense for a whole host of reasons. To make it short, Schumer isn't the problem he's powerless as the minority leader. She more than likely wouldn't secure the votes to beat him because, contrary to internet punditry, Schumer is well liked by his colleagues (how do you think he got there?). Lastly, her being the leader doesn't change the calculus Manchin, Sinema, c00ns, etc. will apply when voting. She's not going to bring up legislation she knows won't pass, that's the quickest way to get ousted from your role.

There's a whole lot more but this is sufficient.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@the cac mamba
That doesn't make sense for a whole host of reasons. To make it short, Schumer isn't the problem he's powerless as the minority leader. She more than likely wouldn't secure the votes to beat him because, contrary to internet punditry, Schumer is well liked by his colleagues (how do you think he got there?). Lastly, her being the leader doesn't change the calculus Manchin, Sinema, c00ns, etc. will apply when voting. She's not going to bring up legislation she knows won't pass, that's the quickest way to get ousted from your role.

There's a whole lot more but this is sufficient.
if that's how you feel about her being senate majority leader, why on earth do you think she would be effective as president? :dahell:

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
if that's how you feel about her being senate majority leader, why on earth do you think she would be effective as president? :dahell:
Honest question: do you not know the difference between being president and the leader of a chamber in Congress?

Those are two very different jobs and getting them isn't remotely the same. I think she'd be a great majority leader and a great POTUS. I get what you're trying to do and I appreciate it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honest question: do you not know the difference between being president and the leader of a chamber in Congress?

Those are two very different jobs and getting them isn't remotely the same. I think she'd be a great majority leader and a great POTUS. I get what you're trying to do and I appreciate it.
you know what, i wasnt trying to be divisive :hubie:

ive mentioned it before, warren is literally my senator and i voted to re-elect her in 2018. i think she can be more effective than chuck schumer, who is not someone i respect

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
The fact that her own state turned on her tells me a lot about how the voting electric feels about woman

They were interviewing this black guy from her state who was supporting Bernie. He said he liked her as a Senator but didnt think she could beat Trump. When asked why, he looked like a deer caught in headlights. He wanted to say because she is a woman but he rambled off something about Bernie instead.