Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
If Bernie gets half of what he's promised done that would be lit as fukk! :gladbron:

But anyway:

More on Bernie's campaign plans where he explicitly deals with Black inequality and disparities:

Racial Justice

It goes through ways he wants to address each of those disparities, including:

Or here: Bernie Sanders on Black Rights

And there's much more on that page as well.
I'm torn between being thankful that there is someone willing to debate the pro's and con's of Liz vs wondering why Bern Bros are posting long ass posts defending Bernie in an Elizabether Warren thread.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'd probably agree (have to see more counterarguments but my default is agreement), but it doesn't make sense why this would be a campaign issue.

A. President Trump has been calling for an end to the filibuster since he came into office

B. I'm pretty sure the president has nothing to do with Senate rules, so it doesn't make sense as a presidential campaign issue

C. For Bernie to get his agenda through, barring incredible circumstances he'd almost certainly have to go around the filibuster so he'll be in support when the time comes...but why state that now when they'll just weaponize it against you in the general election? "Sanders/Warren wish to end the filibuster so they can railroad their radical agenda through Congress against your objections!"

Just hard to see anyone coming to the polls on the filibuster issue, which means there's a lot more to lose than to gain.
It's the chief senate procedure standing in the way of getting their legislation passed. Signaling their opposition to it shows their commitment to those plans in the eyes of the electorate.

A. I know. I know it's not something a President has direct control over.

B. They don't, but the VP does as they preside over the Senate. A candidate using this as a campaign issue would likely be looking for a running-mate that is idealogically close on this issue (especially in Bernie's case as his plan depends on his VP overrulling the Senate parliamentarian during the reconciliation process).

C. As I understand it, Bernie doesn't want to outright eliminate the filibuster. Instead, he wants to weaken it by going around it. He wants to stuff everything in during the budget reconciliation process, which is a more tricky proposition.

If we're being honest here, I don't see the filibuster going away regardless of the method, because it all still ends in a vote. And I don't see Manchin, Sinema or other moderate Democrats supporting either.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm torn between being thankful that there is someone willing to debate the pro's and con's of Liz vs wondering why Bern Bros are posting long ass posts defending Bernie in an Elizabether Warren thread.

Because when we ask your girl to be VP we want y'all to be happy. :mjcry:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I'd probably agree (have to see more counterarguments but my default is agreement), but it doesn't make sense why this would be a campaign issue.

A. President Trump has been calling for an end to the filibuster since he came into office

B. I'm pretty sure the president has nothing to do with Senate rules, so it doesn't make sense as a presidential campaign issue

C. For Bernie to get his agenda through, barring incredible circumstances he'd almost certainly have to go around the filibuster so he'll be in support when the time comes...but why state that now when they'll just weaponize it against you in the general election? "Sanders/Warren wish to end the filibuster so they can railroad their radical agenda through Congress against your objections!"

Just hard to see anyone coming to the polls on the filibuster issue, which means there's a lot more to lose than to gain.
Thanks for coming in and telling us about bernie perusal we appreciate it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
giphy.gif

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
This legit is a made-up talking point. He pivoted a couple times during the campaign while he tries to build a big coalition and y'all confuse that as if he hasn't been talking about Black inequality for his entire career AND during the campaign.

In that last video from the part where he quotes himself from 1974 all the way to the end of the video where he's reeling off those stats about Black America right off the top of his head proves he fukks with this shyt.

:ohhh:

I hadn't seen much of this

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad

You 100% buy it and I already elaborated why... SC will be interesting. Clyburn he's wrestling between endorsing Warren, Biden, and (for whatever reason) Klobuchar. He said he'd do it on Wed but I fully expect him to endorse Biden who should win SC, albeit by a smaller margin than originally projected.

Also abolish caucuses.