Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
he hasn't i looked up the #'s recently, why do yall run with this when the fax are there.

please point me to citations of the bold
My bad, that claim was for a specific period of time, from 1995 to 2007 but is true for that time period. Here's a link fact checking it. PolitiFact - Bernie Sanders was the roll call amendment king from 1995 to 2007

As for the bolded, it was stated by a Republican who worked with him during an interview at the 2016 convention. Video below starting at 10:24.

10:24-12:18 was some crazy dope shyt to hear coming from a Republican Congressman. If facts mattered at all that would immediately dead some of these anti-Bernie talking points.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Bernie legit refuses to discuss anything about black inequality, dude literally pivots to his best but all inequality matters technique :scust:
It is a reoccurring weakness of his compared to Warren. I hope it's something he gets pressed on more.
This legit is a made-up talking point. He pivoted a couple times during the campaign while he tries to build a big coalition and y'all confuse that as if he hasn't been talking about Black inequality for his entire career AND during the campaign.

In that last video from the part where he quotes himself from 1974 all the way to the end of the video where he's reeling off those stats about Black America right off the top of his head proves he fukks with this shyt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
One of the biggest distinctions between her and Bernard. Even how climate change is disproportionately affecting minority communities :whew:

Oh well, Bernie will just be status quo old white men who don’t care about black people and get half of what they promise done when theyre actually in office if he wins.
If Bernie gets half of what he's promised done that would be lit as fukk! :gladbron:

But anyway:

Environmental Justice
The ills of pollution and climate change touch everyone, but tragically, they touch those in poverty more than others. Trump’s own EPA has shown that people living in poverty are exposed to more harmful particulate matter in the air, and that people of color are more likely to live near pollution and be exposed to pollutants. According to the EPA report, “results at national, state, and county scales all indicate that non-Whites tend to be burdened disproportionately to Whites.” This, too, is unacceptable.

Today, Flint, Michigan, is still without new pipes for clean water, and there are 3,000 other Flint, Michigans, across the country—neighborhoods with lead rates that were double those of Flint during the height of its crisis. Together, we must:

• Enact a Green New Deal not just to save the planet, but to protect our most vulnerable communities. We must end the scourge of environmental racism, and at the same time create green jobs to support and rebuild the local economies of affected communities.
  • Protect low-income and minority communities, who are hit first and worst by the causes and impacts of climate change, while also protecting existing energy-sector workers as they transition into clean energy and other jobs.
  • Address the inadequate environmental cleanup efforts of Superfund hazardous waste sites in communities of color.
  • Stop the exposure of people of color to harmful chemicals, pesticides and other toxins in homes, schools, neighborhoods, and workplaces and challenge faulty assumptions in calculating, assessing, and managing risks, discriminatory zoning and land-use practices and exclusionary policies.
  • Enact a Green New Deal to mitigate climate change and focus on building resilience in low-income and minority communities.

More on Bernie's campaign plans where he explicitly deals with Black inequality and disparities:

Racial Justice
Key Points

• Address the five central types of violence waged against black, brown and indigenous Americans: physical, political, legal, economic and environmental.
  • Address a broken criminal justice system, massive disparities in the availability of financial services, health disparities, environmental disparities, and educational disparities.
  • Create a nation in which all people are treated equally.

It goes through ways he wants to address each of those disparities, including:

Economic Justice
Black Americans currently have ten cents for every dollar white Americans have. Latinx Americans currently have thirteen cents for every dollar white Americans have. This is unacceptable: It’s time for America to treat the lives of people of color like they’re worth more than change on the dollar.

More than 22% of black Americans and more than 21% of Hispanic Americans are living in poverty compared to 12% of white Americans.

Today redlining prevents businesses owned by people of color from getting loans, and predatory lending results in higher interest rates in low-income communities of color. More than 47% of African Americans are unbanked or underbanked and some 43% of Hispanic families are unbanked or underbanked, whereas 18% of whites are unbanked or underbanked. The massive disparities and discrimination in the availability of financial services must end.

Our campaign is fundamentally dedicated to ending the disparity of wealth, income and power in this country. It’s time to bring a systemic approach to systemic racism. Structural problems require structural solutions, and together we can meet that challenge.

Systemic inequities have created innumerable disparities across racial groups from health outcomes, to health insurance rates, education outcomes, college debt rates, and police violence. Bernie is running for president because he believes we’re obligated to do more than just acknowledge the problem. He believes in implementing policies that aim to achieve substantive equality now—while the generations alive today can benefit. In a country that is genuinely free, neither one's zip code nor the color of their skin would determine a child’s life outcome. Bernie believes our country is morally bound to close the racial wealth divide. In order to do that, we must ensure that people:

• Start treating the racial wealth divide like the crisis it is. We must end the especially pernicious racial wealth divide that exists today in America within the gap between millionaires and the poor, working, and middle classes of all races.
  • Guarantee a job to every American. A job guarantee will create good-paying jobs and will create work building much needed infrastructure and providing critical services to communities across the country.
  • End redlining practices and other forms of housing discrimination that still exist.
  • Make sure every kid, regardless of race or class, receives a quality education.
  • End the affordable housing crisis and create a path to wealth building through homeownership.
  • Make sure resources are focused on the Americans who need it most -- often as a result of structural disadvantage. Bernie supports the 10-20-30 approach to federal investments which focuses substantial federal resources on distressed communities that have high levels of poverty.
  • Support public colleges and HBCUs. We must make public colleges, universities and trade schools, tuition-free—including for the 76% of HBCU students who attend public colleges—and increase public funding for all HBCUs.
  • Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour. Black and Latinx workers disproportionately work minimum wage jobs. Raising the minimum wage will increase the wages of 38% of African-American workers and 33% of Latinx workers.
  • End the discriminatory practices in our financial services. We must allow every post office to offer basic and affordable banking services and end lending discrimination once and for all.

Or here: Bernie Sanders on Black Rights

BERNIE SANDERS ON BLACK RIGHTS
“Have we made progress in civil rights in this country? No question. But do we still have a very long way to go to end the institutional racism which permeates almost every aspect of our society? Absolutely. Together, we are going to put an end to that.” – Bernie Sanders, April 9, 2019

Bernie Sanders has a long history of fighting for social equality and the rights of black Americans — a record that goes back to the early 1960s. In college, he was a student leader of the Congress of Racial Equality and was arrested for protesting institutional segregation. His views were cemented in 1963 when he marched on Washington and witnessed Martin Luther King, Jr.’s pivotal “I have a dream” speech.

In Congress, Bernie opposed the 1991 crime bill that he believed would disproportionately punish people of color — especially African Americans. Bernie’s civil rights record has earned him one of the highest scores given to a U.S. Senator and a 100 percent score from the NAACP.

Bernie Sanders is committed to ending racial disparities. He often refers to these disparities as the “disparity within the disparity.” Bernie understands that slavery, segregation, Jim Crow laws, predatory lending, redlining, and other factors have led to racial economic disparities and a theft of wealth from African Americans.

Education: Education isn’t a privilege — it’s a right. Everyone deserves access to affordable, quality education, including universal pre-K and college, and we need to increase access to it for people of color to provide greater economic opportunities.

Crime & Social Justice: The U.S. has the highest prison population rate in the developed world, with a distressingly disproportionate number of black inmates behind bars and many for drug offenses and other non-violent crimes. Our criminal justice system is broken and must be reformed to provide opportunity instead of incarceration.

Income Equality & The Racial Wealth Gap: Economic justice is tied to racial justice. Black youth unemployment is at 51 percent, higher than any other demographic. We need a federal jobs program to put the unemployed — including black youth and adults alike — to work, and we need to raise the minimum wage to a living wage. Moreover, we need tax reform so corporations and billionaires pay their fair share and fund the expansion of the social safety net. Additionally, we must repair the racial wealth gap and end the institutional racism in the financial services industry such as redlining.

Infant Mortality Rate of Black Children & Death Rate of Black Mothers: We must identify and fix the underlying causes that lead to a higher mortality rate among black children and black mothers.

Reparations: Many black Americans are still experiencing social and economic disadvantages as a result slavery in America. Bernie supports establishing a commission to study and research reparations for American descendants of slaves as well as investing resources into distressed communities.

Note: As is the nature of this project, this page highlights Bernie’s views and record on issues affecting black Americans. For more detailed information, check out the comprehensive racial justice plan Bernie released as part of his 2020 platform.
Reparations
Although the 13th Amendment abolished slavery in the United States in 1865, American descendants of slavery still face social and economic inequalities as a direct result of the legacy of slavery. One of those inequalities is the racial wealth gap. The median white household is ten times more wealthy than the median black household.

How does Bernie plan to address lasting inequalities from the legacy of slavery?
Bernie supports two policy proposals to address these inequalities. At a CNN Town Hall, Bernie expressed support for Jim Clyburn’s 10-20-30 proposal.

Clyburn’s proposal would make sure that at least 10% of Rural Development investments would go to communities in persistent poverty. These communities are those where at least 20% of the population has lived below the poverty line for the past 30 years or longer.

Bernie also supports H.R.40, a bill that would create a commission to study reparations for American descendants of slaves and make recommendations to Congress for appropriate remedies.

Has the United States paid reparations to other disenfranchised groups?
Yes, the United States government has paid reparation to other disenfranchised groups before. Japanese Americans have been paid reparations for being sent to interment camps during World War Two. Victims of the Holocaust have also received reparations from the United States government.

And there's much more on that page as well.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media
The beginning of the end. Healthy campaigns aren't doing this. shyt sucks. I wanted better for her.
She just had the single biggest debate day fundraising of any single candidate during this entire primary, and just beat their fundraising target so they doubled it, but yeah, beginning of the end :mjlol:

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Again, early voting in that state has already matched 82% of what total turnout was in 2016. Why is this important? This is the first time the state has allowed for early voting to occur. Recall that Nevada is a caucus not a primary so participation tends to be lower because caucuses needlessly time-consuming and are a nonsensical less democratic way to choose a candidate. So, it seems unwise to apply conventional wisdom drawn from primary early voting patterns and apply them to caucuses.

The data shows that Buttigieg has brought in the most new voters in both Iowa and New Hampshire. Furthermore, the traitor to his generation hasn't done as poorly with young voters in those to states as I and many others would have expected. While IA and NH aren't comparable to Nevada demographically, he has the second-best ground game within the state (a distant second to Sanders), and he pulls directly from Warren's support. Again, the way caucuses work tends to depress youth and working-class turnout, so I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of them took advantage of the early voting since they may not have otherwise been able to participate in the process. Take a look at who the satellite caucuses in IA mostly benefitted, it was the people (working class, younger, and/or minority voters) who normally have trouble (or discouraged) participating in caucuses due to how they function and when they occur.

I'd like for her to get a comeback kid narrative in Nevada, hell I mentioned how she needed to go for broke there like a week ago, but I just don't think the present conditions are conducive to making it happen. She can still get a boost in other states/national polling but the calendar is her enemy.

Iowa and NH are poor indicators for anything this cycle. Nevada's demographics are actually much more aligned with the rest of the country, especially the super Tuesday states. The idea that if you don't win two of the smallest and whitest electorates in the union you need to pack it up is nonsense. No need to come back if you never fell off :sas2:

Nevada does its CACus on a Saturday with rules that makes more sense so that it's more inclusive than what they do in the cornfields. They even set up a precinct on the strip so there hospitality workers can participate. Expect Bootygrease and klutsherface to get crushed due to their lack of support from anybody that's not the whitest of white.

Like I said, most of the predictions made aren't accounting for a surge in the younger, melinated voter. 2016 was abysmal when it came to turnout (less than 100k) so I wouldn't put stock into that 80% number. Don't be surprised if final vote tallies are well north of 125k

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If Bernie gets half of what he's promised done that would be lit as fukk! :gladbron:

But anyway:

More on Bernie's campaign plans where he explicitly deals with Black inequality and disparities:

Racial Justice

It goes through ways he wants to address each of those disparities, including:

Or here: Bernie Sanders on Black Rights

And there's much more on that page as well.
You seem to be highly interested in Bernie Sanders. Thanks for stopping by.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You seem to be highly interested in Bernie Sanders. Thanks for stopping by.
I've always been Warren/Sanders, whoever is showing best, since last year. Most of the 2nd half of the year I thought it was gonna be Warren, I even put $3 mil in colicash on her. You could see me hyping her repeatedly.

But in the last two months it's become clear that Sanders is the one who can do it. I'm upset about some of the moves Warren made but I ain't bushing her, straight said just yesterday in the Bernie thread that she might be the best call for VP.

If I see other Warren stans saying something false about Bernie, I'm gonna correct it. Maybe they'll see he has more policy than they give him credit for.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I've always been Warren/Sanders, whoever is showing best, since last year. Most of the 2nd half of the year I thought it was gonna be Warren, I even put $3 mil in colicash on her. You could see me hyping her repeatedly.

But in the last two months it's become clear that Sanders is the one who can do it. I'm upset about some of the moves Warren made but I ain't bushing her, straight said just yesterday in the Bernie thread that she might be the best call for VP.

If I see other Warren stans saying something false about Bernie, I'm gonna correct it. Maybe they'll see he has more policy than they give him credit for.
Hopefully that eagerness to correct stans is a two way street. Thanks for enlightening us.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I was talking to my pops last night about the debate and he was like 'That's the Elizabeth from 2011 going after Bloomberg, where has she been? I'd be voting for her if that was her this whole campaign!" :damn:

He was stanning her hard during the beginning of the campaign, then resigned himself to Biden, now he's impressed with the Bernie surge.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
She just had the single biggest debate day fundraising of any single candidate during this entire primary, and just beat their fundraising target so they doubled it, but yeah, beginning of the end :mjlol:

I think the media has decided their are a finite number of people who will vote in the primary and it’s Bernie the progressive to be stopped by whoever the moderate is.

The idea that there are a bunch of voters who would wait until the general might be motivated to vote in the primary without attacking Bernie is mind boggling to them.

The way Pete and Amy surge out of nowhere without going after Bernie sort of highlights this.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Gloves have completely come off now. I think I would have preferred this from the beginning.

I'd probably agree (have to see more counterarguments but my default is agreement), but it doesn't make sense why this would be a campaign issue.

A. President Trump has been calling for an end to the filibuster since he came into office

B. I'm pretty sure the president has nothing to do with Senate rules, so it doesn't make sense as a presidential campaign issue

C. For Bernie to get his agenda through, barring incredible circumstances he'd almost certainly have to go around the filibuster so he'll be in support when the time comes...but why state that now when they'll just weaponize it against you in the general election? "Sanders/Warren wish to end the filibuster so they can railroad their radical agenda through Congress against your objections!"

Just hard to see anyone coming to the polls on the filibuster issue, which means there's a lot more to lose than to gain.

Daps
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but around 70k ballots have already been cast in Nevada due to early voting. For perspective, around 85k ballots were cast in Nevada in total in 2016. So even if turnout is up expotentially, it's likely too late for last nights performance to help her there.

Hoping for some Bill Clinton-esque comeback kid story seems as misguided as Bernie Bros and their Bernie math in 2016.

However, I would strongly recommend just voting for the candidate you want to win and/or have power in the event of a contested convention. If we end up with no one actually gaining momentum, who controls the bargaining chips at the convention will matter a la a multiparty system that so many seem to desire.

To quote a previous candidate whose only hope was winning via a contested convention:

Well, I – you know, I don’t want to speculate about the future and I think there are other factors involved. I think it is probably the case that the candidate who has the most pledged delegates is going to be the candidate, but there are other factors.

-- Bernie Sanders, 2016​

May "other factors" grant us victory.:youngsabo:

no one expects Warren’s current momentum to help her in Nevada, least of all her own campaign. She’s definitely poised to perform better on Super Tuesday than what was expected just a week ago. :francis: