Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
My issue with Sanders is I am worried he’ll scare off the most competent people for roles and will fill them up with yahoos..... similar to Trump but a liberal version.

Bloomberg is beyond trash and buying his way to the Whitehouse if it comes down to the two of them I pick Bernie 100% of the time

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I'm a fan of Sanders the man, I'm skeptical about his "revolution" theory of change and the coalition he's building. I do think he's vastly preferable to the other non-Warren options though.

Bernie isn't even really talking about a political revolution in his stump speeches now... more so a revolution of the youths more than anything :mjgrin:

That pivot is happening

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i absolutely don't think he'll be a good or effective leader. every good idea doesn't warrant a leadership role.

He has experience in an executive position as a former Mayor and experience dealing with the people in Washington. By all accounts he was effective as Mayor and has a good decision making history with regard to foreign and domestic policy. That's the best we can ask for. What do you feel makes someone a good leader?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm surprised that any Warren supporters would be seriously down on Bernie (ya'all remember that I was on the Warren boat for a good part of last year).

Congress writes legislation and the president signs it. Sure we've had some presidents try to push their legislation in.....but Warren writing bills in the Senate and AOC and company in the House with Bernie up there to rally the masses in favor and rubber-stamp everything they put through sounds like a best-case scenario to me.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This notion that Liz needs to function as Bernie's surrogate in all matters is infuriating. Close to chunking up the deuces and I'm currently in a swing state.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
My issue with Sanders is I am worried he’ll scare off the most competent people for roles and will fill them up with yahoos..... similar to Trump but a liberal version.

Bloomberg is beyond trash and buying his way to the Whitehouse if it comes down to the two of them I pick Bernie 100% of the time
Remember when Obama kept Bush's man Ben Bernake at the top of the Fed and Mr. anti-regulation Larry Summers at the head of the National Economic Council and put them in charge of the economic recovery?

Put big Wall Street bankers from Goldman Sachs, Merryll Lynch, Lehman Brothers, CitiBank,

Kept Bush's man Robert Gates in place (not to mention Clapper, Petreus, Vickers, and all the joint chiefs of staff) to man a useless surge in Afghanistan and push for more drones and rebellions everywhere?

Gave ambassador postings to 70 major campaign donors?

And let's not mention all the centrist establishment retreads like Biden, Clinton, Kerry, etc.

For decades, putting the "most competent" people in charge has meant supporting the status quo....so war-lovers got to run Defense, wealth-lovers got to run Treasury and the Fed, corporate compromisers got to run the EPA and Interior, corporate shills got to run Agriculture and Commerce, deportation fans got to run Homeland Security and snoopers got to run National Intelligence....and nothing changed.

This might have been the very first mistake about Obama. He was supposed to be the big change candidate and then he hedged that by filling his administration with the same damn people who had fukked shyt up for so long. I really don't see how Bernie could do worse. The status quo ain't it brehs.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
He has experience in an executive position as a former Mayor and experience dealing with the people in Washington. By all accounts he was effective as Mayor and has a good decision making history with regard to foreign and domestic policy. That's the best we can ask for. What do you feel makes someone a good leader?
being able to get people to want to work with/for you. republicans are a lost cause but half the dem party doesn't support his proposals or views and he doesn't seem to have the interpersonal relationships in place to make people overlook those differences. he's also been pretty ineffective in congress :yeshrug:

Last edited: