Elizabeth Warren HQ: She's Got A Plan!

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You keep posting everytime you see him defend Warren like it's some anomaly. Cenk always defends Warren and puts her in the same camp as Sanders, who he also likes and defends. He also gives the benefit of the doubt to Yang and Gabbard more than most. He likes progressive candidates and policies and compliments people who have some of those policies.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I have no doubt in my mind about Bernie's conviction on this issue. My doubt is about the mechanisms of change that M4A needs to navigate on its way to passing, particularly the ideological composition of the Senate and the House. You're essentially speaking about Bernie's plan to get M4A passed - converting Republicans and Centrist Dems to Progressives - which would truly be a revolution in this country. I'm just perhaps more skeptical about the underlying logic and likelihood of this revolution this than you are. I also see a meaningful difference between the current healthcare system, a system with universal coverage under a public option and M4A. So if M4A isn't on the table in the immediate future, I'm not going to say "well fukk it all then", which is what M4A or bust implies.

You guys sound like straight up bytches. I wouldn't do no business with cowards like yall.

Literally would take a shytty plan instead of going all in on the best. Woat negotiaters. :scust:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I'm skeptical on M4A, I'm one of the few that are happy with my health insurance and outside of co pays and the occasional deductable for out of network, nothing comes out of my paycheck for insurance. But this plan is better than Bernie's plan, that plan that was banging me over the head for an additional $4500 in taxes. It appears good on paper, how it's implemented may be a different story. But at least Liz's plan doesn't appear to be banging the middle class over the head

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
M4A is financially unfeasible and the minute you admit to raising taxes on middle people, you lose. "...But your insurance premiums go to zero" is not a good retort. People tune out the minute they hear taxes will go up on them.

This is a losing policy that will NEVER happen in the US and democrats are idiots for allowing Sanders to drag them here. At this point I'm not convinced Warren is running to win the presidency.
People arent THAT dumb.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I'm skeptical on M4A, I'm one of the few that are happy with my health insurance and outside of co pays and the occasional deductable for out of network, nothing comes out of my paycheck for insurance. But this plan is better than Bernie's plan, that plan that was banging me over the head for an additional $4500 in taxes. It appears good on paper, how it's implemented may be a different story. But at least Liz's plan doesn't appear to be banging the middle class over the head

To be clear, this is the same legislation that Bernie introduced in the Senate that Warren signed onto in 2017 and 2019.

She's just presented a plan in terms of pay fors. Some of them were suggested by Bernie's team such as the employer tax. Of course, Liz has taken the mantle in providing a full plan on paying for the Medicare For All Act.