☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The single payer version of Medicare for all polls well over 70% among democrats so saying it's unpopular is dishonest. I'm pretty certain that Warren won't push for it once she's in office which is why she's not my first choice.
show this to be true.

I haven't seen a number higher than like 55%.

And I personally don't give a shyt about single payer because a public option is more feasible and still leaps and bounds better than what we have now.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
The single payer version of Medicare for all polls well over 70% among democrats so saying it's unpopular is dishonest. I'm pretty certain that Warren won't push for it once she's in office which is why she's not my first choice.

What's dishonest is pretending that the majority of the electorate knows what M4All is.

Here are a few articles that have been written over the year about the subject.

Medicare For All Looks Good In New Poll, But There’s A Big Asterisk
New Poll: Medicare for All Is Popular Until You Explain How It Works
Poll: 'Medicare for All' Support Is High -- But Complicated | RealClearPolitics!
Medicare For All Isn’t That Popular — Even Among Democrats
U.S. Voters Support Expanding Medicare but Not Eliminating Private Health Insurance

There are multiple quality pollsters that show support erodes when the implications are spelled out.

That's why c00ns et al. would block it in favor of a public option if the next Dem president pushed for it.

I'm sure you'll ignore legislative politics though, that's on-brand for Sanders Supporters.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She didn't say "it had nothing to do with pregnancy". She didn't explain why she left her initial job, she just said when she didn't continue in the education field. She just left the part about how she lost her initial job out.

Did you not read the articles? In April of that school year she had already been approved to teach the next year. Then by June, they took that away from her. THEN she went back to school to get credentialed after that. The claim that "it had nothing to do with pregnancy" and that she just needed to up her credential falls apart because they had already approved her for the next year without her upping her credential. In spots where they need teachers an emergency credential gets re-upped year after year, I didn't get my full credential until I'd already been teaching three years.

In the past sometimes she's mentioned getting forced out due to pregnancy, but often she didn't mention that part. That's because back in the day women were seen as the "weaker sex" and the possibility of them getting pregnant was seen as a big liability for employers. Emphasizing losing her job for being pregnant would have HURT women in the past because it would have emphasized what's seen as women's "weakness". It's only more recently that firing pregnant women is seen as an employer's problem and not as the woman's problem.
stop stop stop reaching.

A younger Liz said out of her own mouth. she realized after that first year she needed more education to get a real teaching credential. she was on an emergency credential. which is why she was teaching at risk youth(poor or special needs/special ed).

i have family that have been apart of education for decades. i know how this goes. I actually have a funny feeling the real reason she wanted to get off that emergency credential so quickly was so she wouldnt HAVE to teach the AT RISK kids. unless you are running to teach special needs/special ed kids or at risk youth kids.. and no body trying to stay there and be in that situation. my mother use to do this before she retired. she loved it. but she went into that specific special needs area because of a family member. thats how people usually get into that kind of stuff. they know someone personally that has special needs then they want to join the fight to help them. i never heard that story from warren. so that tells me she was placed there due to her having an emergency credential. thats what they do to those teachers. growing up as a hood kid we would have these fresh out of college white lady teachers that would be forced into the hood schools. they were clearly not ready. and eventually they either quit teaching completely or rushed back to get that real credential.

a lot of people that were in great neighborhoods with great schools did not rush to get a real credential. they had to be told that they would lose their ability to teach if they didnt go back and get those other education units to get a real credential. that was the only time they would move to get the real thing when they were in those good situations. because in their mind there was no rush to leave a good thing.

in liz's case. she probably wanted up outta there ASAP. and i wont hold that against her. everyone isnt built to work with those type of kids. But thats more plausible than her not telling the entire story and it really being about her being visibly pregos. Nothing that came out of her mouth when she was young on this subject said to me someone did her dirty. it 100% sounded like she wanted to hurry up and get a real teaching credential, probably so she could choose who she was going to teach vs being forced into an area.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's dishonest is pretending that the majority of the electorate knows what M4All is.

Here are a few articles that have been written over the year about the subject.

Medicare For All Looks Good In New Poll, But There’s A Big Asterisk
New Poll: Medicare for All Is Popular Until You Explain How It Works
Poll: 'Medicare for All' Support Is High -- But Complicated | RealClearPolitics!
Medicare For All Isn’t That Popular — Even Among Democrats
U.S. Voters Support Expanding Medicare but Not Eliminating Private Health Insurance

There are multiple quality pollsters that show support erodes when the implications are spelled out.

That's why c00ns et al. would block it in favor of a public option if the next Dem president pushed for it.

I'm sure you'll ignore legislative politics though, that's on-brand for Sanders Supporters.
stop with the bad articles and polls.

you're wrong.
No person in their right mind that isnt financially linked to a private insurance will say I like my insurance company, except for maybe kaiser patients. thats because unlike the rest they have an entire eco system. not just giving you insurance.
they have kaiser hospitals/doctors/labs, etc. basically....kaiser for all. a one stop shop.

i could see someone saying I like my kaiser. because that doesnt just mean health insurance it means everything else, all of your care.

but saying any person wants to keep their blue cross or aetna, cigna, etc is a hot da... lie.

It has already been proven. people THINK thanks to the sorry a... media.... they believe that taking their health insurance means taking away their access to their current day PCP. when in reality it has nothing to do with that if its medicare for all which is a single payer.

if there are multple payers right now(aetna, cigna, kaiser, blue cross,etc) and you have to pray the doctor you like takes one of those insurances that you have. What do you think will happen when those dont exist and there's only one choice?

it means all of the doctors/providers will have to take the medicare for all insurance. which means your favorite doctor or pcp can remain yours. unlike obama care where that was said but may not be the case due to the plan you choose.

people dont like blue cross. they like their actual doctor, people at the lab, etc that treat them right.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
wolfeBronner.LOYAL_.1018-2.png

This is good, but since the DNC capitulated to the unwashed I don't expect consolidation to happen for a while. It's probably going to end up hurting the Progessives, which is ironic.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
stop stop stop reaching.

A younger Liz said out of her own mouth. she realized after that first year she needed more education to get a real teaching credential. she was on an emergency credential. which is why she was teaching at risk youth(poor or special needs/special ed).

i have family that have been apart of education for decades. i know how this goes. I actually have a funny feeling the real reason she wanted to get off that emergency credential so quickly was so she wouldnt HAVE to teach the AT RISK kids. unless you are running to teach special needs/special ed kids or at risk youth kids.. and no body trying to stay there and be in that situation. my mother use to do this before she retired. she loved it. but she went into that specific special needs area because of a family member. thats how people usually get into that kind of stuff. they know someone personally that has special needs then they want to join the fight to help them. i never heard that story from warren. so that tells me she was placed there due to her having an emergency credential. thats what they do to those teachers. growing up as a hood kid we would have these fresh out of college white lady teachers that would be forced into the hood schools. they were clearly not ready. and eventually they either quit teaching completely or rushed back to get that real credential.

a lot of people that were in great neighborhoods with great schools did not rush to get a real credential. they had to be told that they would lose their ability to teach if they didnt go back and get those other education units to get a real credential. that was the only time they would move to get the real thing when they were in those good situations. because in their mind there was no rush to leave a good thing.

in liz's case. she probably wanted up outta there ASAP. and i wont hold that against her. everyone isnt built to work with those type of kids. But thats more plausible than her not telling the entire story and it really being about her being visibly pregos. Nothing that came out of her mouth when she was young on this subject said to me someone did her dirty. it 100% sounded like she wanted to hurry up and get a real teaching credential, probably so she could choose who she was going to teach vs being forced into an area.

I'm the one reaching when your entire post is a bunch of made-up guessing based on "your family" with zero evidence about Warren? :heh:

You don't LEAVE your job to get a better credential. She could have taken those courses while she continued to teach like everyone else does. That is why there are receipts that she had asked for her job back and gotten approved to return in April....but then suddenly she didn't have approval anymore in June. What changed?

She has witnesses on record of other teachers at that same school being forced to leave after they got pregnant, so what makes you think she was the special one?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Y would a teacher get fired for being pregnant? Damn near most teachers are women. :mjlol:

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
I'm late on this but it still needs to be said:

What I find amusing about the Warren pregnancy saga is only someone who has never had to deal with discrimination, would look at this story and think it's inconsistent because the School Board didn't write "fired for being pregnant" as their rationale for letting her go. NYT has run several articles about the issue dating back to June of last year. Here’s one from February of this year: Pregnancy Discrimination Is Rampant Inside America’s Biggest Companies

shyt, women have been told not to wear wedding rings to job interviews because the insinuation is if she's married then she'll get pregnant...

I'm the one reaching when your entire post is a bunch of made-up guessing based on "your family" with zero evidence about Warren? :heh:

You don't LEAVE your job to get a better credential. She could have taken those courses while she continued to teach as everyone else does. That is why there are receipts that she had asked for her job back and gotten approved to return in April....but then suddenly she didn't have approval anymore in June. What changed?

She has witnesses on record of other teachers at that same school being forced to leave after they got pregnant, so what makes you think she was the special one?

These need to be reposted because ignorami are invading this thread.:unimpressed:

Last edited: