☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
what are you pasting that for. i already gave her props for bringing up the discussion. but thats all she gets because if left up to clinton the would be president. we know what kind of actual plan would've been put forth.
Bernie is pushing for a plan that doesn’t even exist in Europe at a time when Europeans are largely reforming their healthcare plans

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
what are you pasting that for. i already gave her props for bringing up the discussion. but thats all she gets because if left up to clinton the would be president. we know what kind of actual plan would've been put forth.

Just to throw it in, he probably got this from when Hillary used it to attack Bernie and that was fact checked at the time but he wouldn't really bother with that now would he?

Clinton on Sanders' Health Care History

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yall really want unsuccessful kids and shyt :laff:

and before you say this is political nepotism you're an idiot. Warren got elected in 2013 the first time. And she's 70 years old. Her daughter picked the last moment to start doing well in her career :francis:
if you have to work for companies in capacities that will put your parent(s) in a position to be seen as possiby corrupt. thats on you. all for a dollar. as if thats the only job or TYPE of job
They're desperately trying to forward a narrative that Warren is dishonest to boost their preferred candidate, so they're grabbing at strings. :coffee:
why would someone have to try to grasp at the idea that warren has lied to us before? when she did that with the native american thing. and did it again recently with the getting dismissed thing.

she could blame the native american thing on her parents telling her a lie. supposedly.

but she can only blame her on words. She's the one that originally said she needed to go back to school after working with the emergency credential.

the reason its a big deal is because she's supposed to be this honest down to earth lady. we tried to let the native american stuff slide. but now this and we are starting to see a pattern. what else have you flipped and lied about that we were not paying attention to before? does this mean you will do anything to make yourself look folksy? are you going to pull up in that mit romney truck now?

if you say its a little thing or it doesnt mean anything thats because you're ok with your politicians being big fat liars. you're cool with that.

I aint.

like i said, she never needed to add in the pregnant part to that story recently. never should've mentioned it again unless talking about being a teacher.

Are we supposed to believe her reason behind giving some new parts of the story later on? Thats on you to decide. I'm not buying it. just like i wasnt buying that native american thing. if it was true fine,but why keep talking about it? thats some white people stuff, trying to always have a piece of you even after they've oppressed you. its like its never enough.

Elizabeth Warren stands by account of being pushed out of her first teaching job because of pregnancy

In an interview that year at the University of California, Berkeley, Warren gave the first known public account of her time at Riverdale.

"I worked in a public school system with the children with disabilities. I did that for a year, and then that summer I didn't have the education courses, so I was on an 'emergency certificate,' it was called," Warren said in 2007. "I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, 'I don't think this is going to work out for me.' I was pregnant with my first baby, so I had a baby and stayed home for a couple of years."

Asked by CBS News why she told the story differently at Berkeley a decade ago, Warren said her life since her election to the Senate in 2012 caused her to "open up" about her past. "After becoming a public figure I opened up more about different pieces in my life and this was one of them. I wrote about it in my book when I became a U.S. Senator," she said in a statement from her campaign.
Did she open up about her life or start adding extras to her life to seem more FOLKSY? the native american thing + this sounds like some white woman trying to sound more down to earth and more with the people (all people of color as well.)I can't stand when white people do that. just be yourself.

the difference between her a that old white dude named bernie. Bernie didnt even tell us about him getting arrested with the movement and marching with civil rights leaders. didnt mentioned it at all when he was running. someone on the outside had to pull the video up to show others. bernie still wasnt trying to talk about it like that. Only recently this go round when he went to that thing for black women where he mentioned it when they asked him some question(dont remember what). and those black folks booed it, well some did. which was dumb as hell because he wasnt trying to do the wabble or play an instrument or rap or some other bullshh.... that white people do to pander. he was just telling the truth to say yes i've been there in the trenches with yall before this aint no new thing.

complete contrast with indian warren the pregos school teacher. do i think she would be a better president than all the rest not named bernie or yang? of course. but that dont mean i like her knowing what I now know. I was a warren fan probably before a lot of yall come lately types that only follow the new trend. some of yall in here were rocking with racist joe, and Cop Harris until you realized that aint going to cut it. so yall follow the media's narrative. not all but a lot of yall do. thats why yall Attempt to defend what she has said.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
turns out she actually doesn't have a plan :mjlol:

or she just tells whoever she's talking to at the moment what they want to hear :mjpls:

of course she doesnt. her plan is BERNIE's plan. which is why i kind of agree with her never coming out with a budget to pay for it. she should just say "See Bernie's Plan and Payment structure" because thats the honest truth. she wont do that because thats not politically savvy. but its true. which goes back to what i said, who in their RIGHT mind would choose a knock off if you could get the real thing for the same price(your vote)?

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bernie is pushing for a plan that doesn’t even exist in Europe at a time when Europeans are largely reforming their healthcare plans
you know its not just europe right? its other areas that have a similar setup. and if you pay attention the US version would be more comprehensive.

why is europe going slightly in a different direction now? because they have a lot more outsiders coming into their countries. are these outsiders holding down the system? maybe, or is it that white people dont like to help non white people? we dont have the data either way on that front.

what i do know is this. medicare for all, overall is the cheaper method to cover everyone by far. what i also know is its on you whether or not you believe healthcare is a human right vs something you think you need to earn like a wage. i personally agree with bernie. and even if i kind of didnt agree. I still agree with the mobility for citizens when it comes to working. if they dont have to worry about their health benefits, more people will try their luck at small business(which is what you hear all the centrist/corporatist/republicans, talking about), more people would be a lot more willing to go back to school or go to college for the first time in their lives without worrying about health insurance, they will also move to better jobs from the crap jobs they currently have because they no longer have to fear losing their health insurance, and lastly people with good paying jobs but arent happy with their job would be more willing to try their luck at another career more in line with what they want to do since they wont have to be afraid that them and their spouse/kids will lose their health insurance. this would increase productivity overall.

so this doesnt just help people get coverage, it also makes us super mobile to get better jobs. and lastly, a healthy worker is a higher producing worker. everyone knows if you had free health coverage(i know its not free, its paid for by everyone's taxes) you would be more likely to get a physical and get your labs ran etc.

M4A is a better system then the system we had pre ACA and its much better than the current ACA and any other tacked on pieces we could add to the ACA.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
you know its not just europe right? its other areas that have a similar setup. and if you pay attention the US version would be more comprehensive.

why is europe going slightly in a different direction now? because they have a lot more outsiders coming into their countries. are these outsiders holding down the system? maybe, or is it that white people dont like to help non white people? we dont have the data either way on that front.

what i do know is this. medicare for all, overall is the cheaper method to cover everyone by far. what i also know is its on you whether or not you believe healthcare is a human right vs something you think you need to earn like a wage. i personally agree with bernie. and even if i kind of didnt agree. I still agree with the mobility for citizens when it comes to working. if they dont have to worry about their health benefits, more people will try their luck at small business(which is what you hear all the centrist/corporatist/republicans, talking about), more people would be a lot more willing to go back to school or go to college for the first time in their lives without worrying about health insurance, they will also move to better jobs from the crap jobs they currently have because they no longer have to fear losing their health insurance, and lastly people with good paying jobs but arent happy with their job would be more willing to try their luck at another career more in line with what they want to do since they wont have to be afraid that them and their spouse/kids will lose their health insurance. this would increase productivity overall.

so this doesnt just help people get coverage, it also makes us super mobile to get better jobs. and lastly, a healthy worker is a higher producing worker. everyone knows if you had free health coverage(i know its not free, its paid for by everyone's taxes) you would be more likely to get a physical and get your labs ran etc.

M4A is a better system then the system we had pre ACA and its much better than the current ACA and any other tacked on pieces we could add to the ACA.
Even Obama said if he could start over he'd do M4A.

But we're not starting over.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yes we are. what do you think it means when we say we're about to kick out all private insurance? starting over.

this healthcare that we came from pre ACA was built on the foundation of Medicare for the old, medicaid for the super poor, and private insurance for all the rest/ vets get vet coverage.

M4A = One insurance. Medicare, thats it. that is a start over my friend no matter how bernie or anyone else politically frames it.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Tying yourself to a healthcare proposal that (i) eliminates private insurance and (ii) covers undocumented persons -- when both positions are unpopular to neutral with Democrats -- is an untenable position to be in if you plan on winning the primary and election. This idea that you can just ignore the fact that loss aversion is a powerful motivator is really a poor campaigning strategy.

Ted Kennedy's vision for Medicare-For-All was one that included private insurance. There are examples of better healthcare systems around the world that are mixed.

However, Warren supports the single-payer and she's been shytting on multi-payers. As long as this isn't her priority (ie she doesn't waste any significant amount of capital on a losing fight) I really don't care if she runs on it. The legislative landscape doesn't change because a hyper-competent person is the one pushing for it, c00ns et al will tell her to shove it and she will still lack leverage.

I'd rather focus on the climate crisis, anti-corruption, voting rights, and statehood (PR, if they want it, & DC), lowering prescription drug prices, housing, and student debt. Then push for single-payer when there's a stronger majority and it's been on the collective conscious longer. Two years is all we're guaranteed, better make them count when a recession is on the way.

Keep in mind that Obama was likely referring to the Kennedy/Dingell bill. Bernie people don't have a monopoly on the use of the term.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tying yourself to a healthcare proposal that (i) eliminates private insurance and (ii) covers undocumented persons -- when both positions are unpopular to neutral with Democrats -- is an untenable position to be in if you plan on winning the primary and election. This idea that you can just ignore the fact that loss aversion is a powerful motivator is really a poor campaigning strategy.

Ted Kennedy's vision for Medicare-For-All was one that included private insurance. There are examples of better healthcare systems around the world that are mixed.

However, Warren supports the single-payer and she's been shytting on multi-payers. As long as this isn't her priority (ie she doesn't waste any significant amount of capital on a losing fight) I really don't care if she runs on it. The legislative landscape doesn't change because a hyper-competent person is the one pushing for it, c00ns et al will tell her to shove it and she will still lack leverage.

I'd rather focus on the climate crisis, anti-corruption, voting rights, and statehood (PR, if they want it, & DC), lowering prescription drug prices, housing, and student debt. Then push for single-payer when there's a stronger majority and it's been on the collective conscious longer. Two years is all we're guaranteed, better make them count when a recession is on the way.

Keep in mind that Obama was likely referring to the Kennedy/Dingell bill. Bernie people don't have a monopoly on the use of the term.

The single payer version of Medicare for all polls well over 70% among democrats so saying it's unpopular is dishonest. I'm pretty certain that Warren won't push for it once she's in office which is why she's not my first choice.

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
The single payer version of Medicare for all polls well over 70% among democrats so saying it's unpopular is dishonest. I'm pretty certain that Warren won't push for it once she's in office which is why she's not my first choice.
If you poll medicare for all and you say "eliminates private insurance completely" support drops. But if you ask with the follow up statement of "you get to keep your doctor/hospital" support instantly shoots back up Poll: Most favor Medicare for All if they can keep their doctors

You can get the answer you want by tweaking the question framing. Imagine a poll question "do you support a healthcare system that eliminates the free market?" People are obviously gonna say no but if you give a more neutral framing to M4A, people will say yes to the same question.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It's still more popular if you can keep your private insurance which polls at 90 percent among dems and 70 percent overall including 46 percent of Republicans.

The fact that we're arguing against popular policy that will help people is bizarre.