El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Official Thread)

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
Finally watching this right now.

Todd driving the El Camino with the body in the back (and Jesse) just singing like it’s another day of business as usual

“You're looking kinda lonely girl
Would you like someone new to talk to, ah yeh alright
I'm feeling kinda lonely too
If you don't mind can I sit down here beside you
Ah yeah alright”

full
he should've been playing Stylistics :lawd:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Which means again that it was seen by way more eyeballs than it would in theaters. People don't go out to the movies as much now unless they got kids.

:dahell:

Not really understanding the logic here as it was also in theaters. And the tickets sold out damn near immediately. I went online to buy them at the local Alamo and besides the very first row there was only 1 seat available.

Fred.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This movie was as much of a “happy” ending as we could’ve gotten out of it. And they kept it simple and didn’t even put any of the major players in Jesse’s flashbacks.

it damn near turned him into a sympathetic figure that you almost felt sorry for. But, he did the one thing that Walt couldn’t/didn’t do. Even tho he blew his shot to get away the first time when Saul hooked it up for him, he made sure that he didn’t blow his second chance.

Walt told him in the movie that he’s lucky that he didn’t have to wait old to do something “great” and now after everything he can start over and move on with his life. He caught a couple of bodies on his way outta there but I look at is as tying off loose ends.

I like the omission of people like Skylar, Walt Jr and all of the people from Better Call Saul (with the exception of Mike) because they weren’t needed and it leaves things open for another movie.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thought this would be a good netflix/chill movie...bytch was pretty much hooked into it during the first hour...paused to smash literally right when the first stack fell out the fridge when he found it...normally let the flick run but really didn’t want to miss shyt...just started back watching it and it’s hard for me to suspend disbelief re: dude allowing him to take any $$$ when he could’ve easily pistol whipped/knocked him out...tie him up and gag him again and just take the whole shyt for him and his partner...no amount of juelzing can make that shyt make sense to me

rico_ens

Pro
Daps
Movie was ass, started off ok then went to shyt when he had an old Western shootout for $1800.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Just finished watching. Was ok for what its worth. I wanted to do a Breaking Bad binge watch before the movie to get everything done together and I finished that earlier today and the movie just now. Wish we could've gotten some scenes with other characters from the series but overall they did an ok job. Wanna see if I do a BCS binge watch before the new season starts. Netflix has first 3 seasons so might do that as the season premiere draws near to get that and season 4 done hopefully in time.

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
Nah man.

@Eric Brooks said he couldn't give Jesse a pass for being in over his head when he killed Gale and "felt no remorse".

Given how season 4 unfolded (PTSD from killing Gale, constantly trying to stay high and party to forget it, etc.) there's no way to watch that diner scene and read it as "he felt no remorse".

Dude just wasn't ready to process what he had done yet. This was the end of the very next episode:

Fred.

Ah I see. Jesse wasn't worried about Gus, but felt the aftereffects of killing Gale sinking in later.

Jesse shooting Gale in the face is believable because it shows the extent of Walt and Jesse's exploitative relationship.

Jesse was easily manipulated by Walt. So much so that Walt could get Jesse to shoot Gale in the face.

So much so, that Walt could convince Jesse at the end of season 4 that it was Gus that poisoned Brock.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
So on a side note El Camino made me rewatch the entire breaking bad series again. God damn brehs the second time is even better.:banderas:

Now that I am aware of the colors and the motives the evolution of Walter White is that much better. God damn Bryan Cranston should have won an oscar. Even if it would be impossible they should just make a fukk it exception award and give it to him. All the subtle nuances are just so key. Rarely do I say the second time is better but it is.

Sidenote after rewatching el Camino after rewatching breaking bad my favorite scene from El Camino is the gunfight. Some reason I really enjoy Neil’s dialogue during the whole scene. Just the look of incredulity when Jesse asks for more money. Neil is like “oh yeah?”:childplease:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
It wasnt bad but gotdamn i shoulda watched the last season again before this. I dont even remember Landry being in BB :dead:
That little recap before the movie aint help me with shyt :martin:
Still a good movie on it's own.
Makes me wanna watch the series over again but
tenor.gif