El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Official Thread)

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
The flashbacks were very sloppy..even though, like I said earlier, I did enjoy the Walt one.

but he looked way older
meth damon looked disgusting (they tried to be slick with it having him eat disgusting shyt during his flashbacks)

Mike was only one lookin like the old character lol

even Jesse gained a few pounds since the finale.

This felt like a Godfather 3 type of movie..not bad at all but missing everything that made the originals classics

no spin off please

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The flashbacks were very sloppy..even though, like I said earlier, I did enjoy the Walt one.

but he looked way older
meth damon looked disgusting (they tried to be slick with it having him eat disgusting shyt during his flashbacks)

Mike was only one lookin like the old character lol

even Jesse gained a few pounds since the finale.

This felt like a Godfather 3 type of movie..not bad at all but missing everything that made the originals classics

no spin off please
I thought Todd obviously looked super good overweight and something about Walt seemed off. But the rest of the cameos looked okay to me.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
If he has any kinda sense, there will be nothing in the rest of his life worth having a new show over :russ:
Gotta be a different genre, with some callbacks of course...some kodiak deadliest catch shyt lol

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
his bytch ass should have just killed him then and there, woulda saved both his girlfriend and her kid's life smh. he clearly not a killer though, i get that. especially when he's not on meth or under duress, or maybe he was just broken at that point.
I think he was too broken down breh. He knows uncle jack would’ve had Brock killed. I saw it like he’d been starved and tortured for so loNo that he didn’t even have the will to kill for his own freedom anymore. He was truly a shell of a human being. Jesse was never a killer. The time he shot Gayle he was already meth’d up and high as hell which I’m sure helped him pull the trigger. And then we saw the psychological toll of that.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
not surprised to see this reaction...I’ve learned to temper my expectations when it comes to movies debuting on netflix...I’m not expecting trash but not expecting a classic neither...just a decent movie to pass the time
If that’s the case you won’t be disappointed. I expected a fairly mellow and somber breaking bad epilogue and that’s what it was.

I agree with @hex that this could’ve reached its full potential as a miniseries but I doubt logistically they could’ve done it.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I will be that guy. To make a long story short the problem I have with this is the same one I had with the last episode, too safe. Definitely had its moments but I don't know why I was expecting a little more :manny:

Vince Gilligan is a point A to B guy. He wants a story to conclude logically, above all else. He wants fans to have closure. He's never going to abruptly cut to a black screen, for better or worse.

I half expected Jesse to die in this but given what Gilligan has said numerous times in the past....the way this ended was in line with his stance on ending a story.

Fred.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Vince Gilligan is a point A to B guy. He wants a story to conclude logically, above all else. He wants fans to have closure. He's never going to abruptly cut to a black screen, for better or worse.

I half expected Jesse to die in this but given what Gilligan has said numerous times in the past....the way this ended was in line with his stance on ending a story.

Fred.
I like how that point A to B logic manifests itself in some peculiar ways that I don't always see coming, but in hindsight I totally should have.

For example, I knew that Walt wasn't going to use that M60 in a Rambo or Scarface one-man army type of way. But I still thought he might have his own hands on it when he used it. I should've seen the science/gadget aspect of it coming. Same thing with Jesse in El Camino. I should've known that Jesse wasn't going to fast-draw off with a little .22 antique against a more legit bad ass that clearly knew how to use guns. Jesse often got out of dangerous situations by being more clever. I should've seen the 2nd gun in the jacket pocket coming, but I sort of fell for it like I did with Walt and the M60. I was half expecting Jesse to actually go for the main gun, but the other half of me knew something else was gonna happen.

So I like how Vince G. has this way of subverting genre expectations but doing it in ways don't jump the shark or seem inauthentic to the characters he wrote.

Once the story got going I didn't think Jesse would die. I'd heard Vince say before that he liked to imagine Jesse finding some peace of mind after the events of BrBa, and by the time Jesse left Badger and Pete's crib I figured Vince was going to stay that course and just show us how Jesse will get started onto his new life and clean up his loose ends, the same way Walt came back in Felina to clean up his loose ends.

And I don't know if Vince is a fan of happy endings or not, but in a Walt definitely got a much happier ending than I thought he might (at least he got to die content and knowing his family would be taken care of, with Jesse free and the Nazis dead), and Jesse also got his happy ending...or at least as happy as could be considering everything he'd bee through.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I enjoyed it more than Better Call Saul
Just curious, how far into BCS are you? The 1st season was very slow IMO and I was sort of wondering where they were going, but the 2nd season really started getting my attention, and the 3rd season I honestly have on par with some BrBa seasons. I thought BrBa was a show that was a slow burn and I always told skeptics that they'd love it if they could get through the first 2 seasons. With BCS I tell people they just have to make it through season 1.

At this point I think BCS is cooking on all cylinders and I think the majority of season 3 is as compelling as some of the best parts of BrBa. I even think some of the cinematography and technical aspects are arguably even better, because it's the same people and they didn't need as much time to hit a stride and get a good rhythm going.

It's obviously a different show, nut I think it really adds to the BrBa universe, and vice versa. It's not easy to have 2 shows that make each other better like that.