El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Official Thread)

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Yeah. I mean again I do think there are some circumstances where maybe it couldn't be helped. Maybe he has medical condition or maybe he was contractually obligated for a prior agreement to gain weight for another project or something like that.

But it's ridiculous to not expect fans of one of the most famous shows of all time to not notice in a highly anticipated movie that one of the main characters has gained a ton of weight when the other characters looked a lot more like how they did during the show's run.

it's human nature to notice and to speak up on it.

:manny:
I expected nothing from this soft ass sensitive generation

Dude probably got paid well to play a significant role in a highly anticipated movie.
The least he can do is not look like an entire different person. And if it’s something medical, then do not put him on there..you know people are gonna react a certain way

this is also on Gilligan..he has the final say

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He had a shaved head but you have to remember, he's in his 60's. He got older (more wrinkles, fatter, etc)P it's the cameras compared to the cameras they used on the show.

Nah I mean I don't think enough time has passed since then for him to have grown all his hair back. He was at the premiere with a full head of hair.

And yeah, the cameras they used on this movie were the same ones used for "The Revenant".

Fred.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Good posts in that thread. Very good. Made me appreciate a few things I think I intuitively understood but wouldn't be able to otherwise express.

In regards to me deeming Walt's ending a happy ending. I guess I should say I was expecting worse for him. I know he lost his family, his brother-in-law is dead, etc. I just meant that in the final moments of the show, he was in a lab, surrounded by chemistry, and his life's work. He admitted that he did it for selfish reasons ('I liked it'), and that it made him feel 'alive' when he was dying, and that it was empowering because he 'was good at it.' In his final moments, he did at least get to die knowing that he had cleaned up his loose ends and that his family would be taken care of financially. And he got to punch out while being in the lab, where he felt most alive. That's all I meant by that, and I probably should've fleshed it out more. And happy wasn't the best word choice I could've used.

And I know you've seen the clip, but when Aaron and Bryan are reading the last episode's script together, I think when Bryan is reading the last words he says that there's a look of content on Walt's face as the camera pulls up into the air like it did on Crawl Space.

edit:
1:55-2:10

Yeah "content" is a great word.

And yeah given the final episode is titled "Felina", him dying in the lab was like him dying in the arms of the love of his life.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
lol at body shamed

It’s called taking your craft seriously..can’t believe Gilligan signed off on dude

it’s disrespecting the fans/public having him out there like that

he’s in the Irishman too :pachaha:

I expected nothing from this soft ass sensitive generation

Dude probably got paid well to play a significant role in a highly anticipated movie.
The least he can do is not look like an entire different person. And if it’s something medical, then do not put him on there..you know people are gonna react a certain way

this is also on Gilligan..he has the final say
Can't really put this on Vince Gilligan as he wrote the story he wanted and when Jesse Plemons showed up looking :flabbynsick: there wasn't much he could do. He couldn't just rework whole sections of the story at the drop of a hat.

Fred.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Can't really put this on Vince Gilligan as he wrote the story he wanted and when Jesse Plemons showed up looking :flabbynsick: there wasn't much he could do. He couldn't just rework whole sections of the story at the drop of a hat.

Fred.
Lol breh

I understand that..but he didn’t shoot this movie in a week. I’m sure Gilligan saw how flabby he came in..shoulda told him right there on that first day ‘lose some weight, or we don’t shoot your scenes’

I know it’s more complicated than that, but cmon man, shyt is a travesty

:pachaha:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Lol breh

I understand that..but he didn’t shoot this movie in a week. I’m sure Gilligan saw how flabby he came in..shoulda told him right there on that first day ‘lose some weight, or we don’t shoot your scenes’

I know it’s more complicated than that, but cmon man, shyt is a travesty

:pachaha:

Can't say I disagree.:francis:

But it's 2019 and you can't tell somebody "lose weight or you don't get the role". People would lose their minds.

I don't understand how movie stars get :flabbynsick: the shyt is crazy to me though. Not that Jesse Plemons is a big time movie star but he obviously has money....in Hollywood a lot of roles are dependent on being in shape, unless you're the "funny fat person", which he ain't....I don't understand letting yourself go.
Dude has been fat since "Fargo" season 3. People let it slide because they assumed it was for that role.....but that was 2 fukking years ago. :mjtf:

It's like as soon as he got with Kirsten Dunst he said "fukk it."

Fred.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I enjoyed the movie. For whatever reason I was expecting a bit more but it was literally what it was , a story of what happened to pinkman after the mayhem. It was literally the 17th episode of season 5. Like another finale to the finale. I would watch it again. Still well written. Gave you that ole breaking bad feel. Better call saul gives you a different feel.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Can't say I disagree.:francis:

But it's 2019 and you can't tell somebody "lose weight or you don't get the role". People would lose their minds.

I don't understand how movie stars get :flabbynsick: the shyt is crazy to me though. Not that Jesse Plemons is a big time movie star but he obviously has money....in Hollywood a lot of roles are dependent on being in shape, unless you're the "funny fat person", which he ain't....I don't understand letting yourself go.
Dude has been fat since "Fargo" season 3. People let it slide because they assumed it was for that role.....but that was 2 fukking years ago. :mjtf:

It's like as soon as he got with Kirsten Dunst he said "fukk it."

Fred.
its dedication, but obviously sometimes genetics..like in sports

Brad Pitt in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood almost looks like he did in Fight Club and that was 20 years ago:dame:

Meth Damon came in that bytch like :jawalrus: “Yeah, I got fat..so what..write something about food in your script, De Niro won an oscar like this:manny:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Just finished it and I liked it a lot. I’m glad they didn’t do anything crazy to try and get shock reactions.Todd definitely should’ve went hard leading up to the role lol but I’ll give him a pass because his psycho mode was :whoa: status. Didn’t think it was possible for him and his crew to come off more grimey. Favorite scene was in the desert, just showed you just how broken and controlled Jessie had become.

The apartment scene had me like :damn::why::what::ufdup::mjgrin: and the vacuum store scene was tense but hilarious at the same time.

Makes me want more from the Breaking Bad universe. I can’t remember where I left off in Better Call Saul but it Had to be like two years ago. Gonna start it back now.

ThaRebel

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
41st was the worsest turf on the earth...
I was surprised when Todd showed up then I thought it would only be one scene and that's why they were kind of hiding him behind the bars of the cage. Then this nikka ended up getting the second most screen time in the whole movie. I was able to get over the :flabbynsick: eventually but they could've did a better job of tryin to hide that shyt. Make this nikka zip up his jacket so we don't see the outline of his belly in his t-shirt or somethin.:stopitslime:

Overall decent flick but not even a little bit necessary.

I keep seein shyt about Kim Wexler being in this. Did I miss somethin brehs :whoo:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I never gave a fukk about Pinkman so my expectations were really low here...

Other than the ridiculousness of flabby Pinkman being used in retcon scenes I thought this was an ok fan service movie...

Nothing special and I definitely wouldn't watch it again...