EDIT: SOURCE MAGAZINE BIAS PROVEN TO BE MYTH - Source Top 100 Albums list

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^^^^^^

you shouldn't knock them for the '80s albums.

wasn't much going on in the other regions.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
which '80s albums didn't deserve 5 mics?

they left out some big ones too. you should be complaining about that instead.
not interested in naming them,cause it goes off my main point.
They didnt give 5 mics in a "VS" fashion so it doesnt even matter.They could of gave 5 mics to all the albums they did and many others but they didnt cause they're bias
What matters is out of all them years they only gave 5 mics to west coast acts from ruthless and deathrow

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
They didnt give 5 mics in a "VS" fashion so it doesnt even matter.They could of gave 5 mics to all the albums they did and many others but they didnt cause they're bias
What matters is out of all them years they only gave 5 mics to west coast acts from ruthless and deathrow
Tbh the best music on the west coast at the time was coming from artists from the NWA tree tho. Groups like CMW weren't making 5 mic albums

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Tbh the best music on the west coast at the time was coming from artists from the NWA tree tho. Groups like CMW weren't making 5 mic albums
Agreed but there's plenty of great music that didnt come from them too.
Meanwhile there's low brass,unsuccessful meh albums from the east that get 5 mics with the greatest of ease.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

if you cant name any of the albums from the '80s list that didn't deserve 5 mics, then you really have no point at all with the '80s comment.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
if you cant name any of the albums from the '80s list that didn't deserve 5 mics, then you really have no point at all with the '80s comment.
I meant what i said but that's not really my issue. My issue is the lack of west coast representation overall,regardless of 80's/90's. So although i could do that,i really could care less cause it only deviates into a sub argument that doesnt negate nor help my original point.
That point is them ONLY having deathrow/ruthless former artists on their lists,totally ignoring everyone else .
In addition to that,every west coast act on the list had to have high commercial success also with the exception of D.o.c. which was fairly successful but didnt move as quick as the others.
Meanwhile there's a handful of flopped albums from the east that either took forever to go plat (or never went)
Some that never even touched gold. Showing a clear bias for the east

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
3 ll cool j albums but just 1 PAC album?? The blatant east coast bias in the writing staff was just :scust: pretty much explains y the xxl take over was so easy.. Much better well rounded mag.. All ways covered wat was hott no matter the artist location.. fukk this list link the xxl top 100 for real debate

At the time, LL did have 3 classics and Pac only had 1. There was no bias involved there.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
no you don't.

you just went too far off on a tangent.
Oh i did,but like i said:

"that's not really my issue. My issue is the lack of west coast representation overall,regardless of 80's/90's. So although i could do that,i really could care less cause it only deviates into a sub argument that doesnt negate nor help my original point.
That point is them ONLY having deathrow/ruthless former artists on their lists,totally ignoring everyone else .
In addition to that,every west coast act on the list had to have high commercial success also with the exception of D.o.c. which was fairly successful but didnt move as quick as the others.
Meanwhile there's a handful of flopped albums from the east that either took forever to go plat (or never went)
Some that never even touched gold. Showing a clear bias for the east"
All i care about