EDIT: SOURCE MAGAZINE BIAS PROVEN TO BE MYTH - Source Top 100 Albums list

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
You can't state facts without examples
Out the gate,the only album that ever came out the west,worthy of 5 mics (not a RErate or later on rating) is from A rapper that just left the biggest rap group of that moment,came to NY and got his album produced by the Bomb squad?
Looks bias to me.......

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Out the gate,the only album that ever came out the west,worthy of 5 mics (not a RErate or later on rating) is from A rapper that just left the biggest rap group of that moment,came to NY and got his album produced by the Bomb squad?
Looks bias to me.......
The Source was only around a couple years before that album dropped. Who else was there to even give 5 mics to?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
The Source was only around a couple years before that album dropped. Who else was there to even give 5 mics to?
What is this supposed to mean? Many years after that,11,12 to be exact no west coast albums got 5 mics not until they start reRATING albums.
And when they did,they kept it specific to ruthless,deathrow alumni.
And said fukk everyone else

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
What is this supposed to mean? Many years after that,11,12 to be exact no west coast albums got 5 mics not until they start reRATING albums.
And when they did,they kept it specific to ruthless,deathrow alumni.
And said fukk everyone else
The south got one before the west did again so the Source was only biased against the west?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
technically jay was a platinum artist before nas

"aint no nikka" single went platinum before nas had a platinum single or album

but im assuming you didnt know that and will now change it to "oh i meant albums only"
I just checked this and according to RIAA "Dead Presidents" only went gold. @Rapmastermind was right.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
ofAPJqO.gif

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
And as far as this stylistic bias... that's BS too.

Pharcyde got 3.5s. Artists like Too Short and E-40 got 4s more often than not. MC Eiht got 4. Souls of
Mischief, O.C., Common- dudes like that got 3.5. Scarface got 4s, 4.5, and eventually a 5. Smif n Wessun got 3. Onyx got 3.5s. Ice Cube got everything ranging btwn 3 and 5... Nas also ran between 3 to 5. Mobb Deep got a 4.5 the same issue Westside Connection got a 4.5...

If you're gonna say stuff like this, remember them numbers and them ratings to back what you're saying. That's a lot of different styles and different ratings. Maybe some albums were just liked more? Strange concept, I know.

And that's not to say their word is 100% law. Nobody's is. It's always opinion. Even they themselves have said in hindsight, some albums may have deserved more, others may have deserved less. Again, real time vs. hindsight. There's albums I don't feel the exact same way about now that I did the first time I heard 'em. Some shyt grew on me, other shyt I don't like as much as I did. Is that a weird thing?
@jwonder read this thread starting with this post.