EDIT: SOURCE MAGAZINE BIAS PROVEN TO BE MYTH - Source Top 100 Albums list

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
If you don't have it in your top 20 Im cringing just thinking about what might be on your list

RTD
The Infamous
Bigger and Deffer
Reasonable Doubt
It's Dark and Hell is Hot
Harlem World
GRODT
Stillmatic
The Ruler's Back
Loso's Way
The Main Ingredient
Return Of the Boom Bap
Live and Let Die
36 chambers
Capital Punishment
Strictly Business

I must be psychic

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
but raekwon is a group?? who are the members?

:lupe:
Wu-Tang is everything all at once :blessed:
so let me get this str8. when somebody calls an album you like a consensus top 10 album, you dap it.......but when someone points out that its not, you get funny and ask sarcastic questions like "theres a consensus top 10?:smh:
:lolbron:Naah - it was just the way you wrote it (or I read it I guess) - sounded like you were sitting there with the consensus top ten list in your hand.
And yes - I generally dap people who post things that I agree with. :yeshrug:
well by that logic, the benzino era goes as far bas as the mid-90s(or earlier) that yall cherish.
Nope - it started when he was announced as the co-owner around the time that the Made Men review dropped.

In 1994 Mays had personally authored a three-page profile of the Almighty RSO that, against the wishes of his editorial staff -- for obvious ethical reasons, as Mays was not only the group's manager but a close friend of Benzino -- was printed under a false byline in The Source. To make a long, many-sided story short, much of the magazine's editorial staff quit in protest. (Benzino had allegedly told staffers that he would "put nikkas in body bags" if his group wasn't given favorable coverage.)

In 2001, Benzino was added to The Source's masthead as a co-owner and, signed to Motown, made his solo debut with The Benzino Project.
only thing i cant rock with is the lil kim thing, but thats on dave.
What about the 4.5 mic rating of Little Brother being ordered down to 4? :mjcry:
who else ranks albums?

gee i dont know.........rap fans?:whistle:
:russ:No they don't. People will talk about this album is better than that album and this rapper is better than that rapper - maybe this is the best album ever or this is a classic - but I've never met anybody in real life who had actually made a list of the best albums in order.
Only the media and posters on forums get this into ranking albums.
And among the people Cuban Linx is always top 10 if not top 5
#3 for me.
dk bout top 5

But its in the top 10

some ppl mite even have it top 15

Bottom line is its 1 of the greatest albums ever
Bolded

Lmao at OB4Cl being top three or five or ten. shyt ain't even top 20 nikkas need to expand their music catalog
And make room for Loso's Way :sas2:
If you don't have it in your top 20 Im cringing just thinking about what might be on your list
:russ:"loso's way"
:mjlol:
Only nikkas with meh shyt in their top ten are so called real hip hop heads whom think boring down in a dungeon sounding beats and awful vocals actually is good music.
negged
But for real tho your the same dude who said Illmatic was wack so you have 0 credibility
:salute:
ive been a rap fanatic since the '80s.
:comeon:You was born in 85.
and theres '80s albums that wipe out ob4cl that most of these wu-stanleys will proudly say that they never heard.
Like what?
Beat is trash
:mindblown:
grodt is really the greatest rap album ever
Now i'm gon hit you with 4 beats from an album that never gets called a top 10 album. Just to show you east coast dudes what you've been missing

Spice One was the shyt :banderas:
He's been completely forgotten though :mjcry:
By the way, Jealous One's Envy>>>>>>>>>> OB4CL Fat joe > raekwon
nikkas let media brainwash them to believe what's hot.
My nikka I just peeped your other thread with 16 albums you think are better than Cuban Linx and Illmatic and nikkas in there lighting your ass up

:mjlol:
Let me say it again - Loso's Way :scusthov:
true,but if you went by what the media said regarding those particular albums,NO YOU'RE WRONG.
Are you saying that JOE is a masterpiece held in high regard by rap fans? :mjlol:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
grodt is really the greatest rap album ever

for you to be such an NY enthusiast, its funny that you hold 50 cent in that high of a regard.

:heh:

@Wacky D

This is exactly what I meant when I said fans of a certain age. After a certain age you gotta deal with comments like this...

thats 1st quote is from your team.

:ehh:

Im telling you Pun extended Fat Joe's career

ehh, pun had nothing to do with fat joe's most successful run.

i see what youre trying to say tho.

What about the 4.5 mic rating of Little Brother being ordered down to 4? :mjcry:
:russ:No they don't. People will talk about this album is better than that album and this rapper is better than that rapper - maybe this is the best album ever or this is a classic - but I've never met anybody in real life who had actually made a list of the best albums in order.
Only the media and posters on forums get this into ranking albums.
:comeon:You was born in 85.

that little brother chit didnt deserve no 4.5 mics. i wouldnt even give it a 4. perfect example of these writers pushing for their personal favorites. and benzino was blocking alot of their foolery with the mic ratings for nearly a good 10 years prior. he had power over there long before 'the announcement'.

people ask me for my top 5 or top 10 "insert category" lists all the time. its regular hip-hop conversation, even amongst gateway and/or casual followers.

yep. born in 85. i grew up around this stuff b. i dont see the big deal. i didnt say i was an expert back then.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Which album get more spins in the hood iww or grodt ?

2 different eras.

and grodt was more of a impact classic than an actual classic album.

and as expected, time hasnt treated that album well.