EDIT: SOURCE MAGAZINE BIAS PROVEN TO BE MYTH - Source Top 100 Albums list

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
Just cuz they quoted some Big lines doesn't mean that album didn't have filler. Album woulda been a lot better with songs like the one with Jay, the one with Kim and that damn Nasty Boy song

wat song was filler:stopitslime:

only song that was filler might have been miss u the dedication song that he made to his dead homie

And i posted those vids to show u the influence big had ,

had westcoast legends like snoop n cube biting his shyt

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Side note I was at the train station and bought the latest source with wiz khalifa on the cover and it had some good articles but the editing is fukking laughable. Entire words missing and spelling mistakes everywhere.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Just cuz they quoted some Big lines doesn't mean that album didn't have filler. Album woulda been a lot better with songs like the one with Jay, the one with Kim and that damn Nasty Boy song
What? Nasty Boy was trash, but I Love the Dough with Jay is a classic and one of the best songs on the album. Better than Brooklyn's Finest IMO.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
wat song was filler:stopitslime:

only song that was filler might have been miss u the dedication song that he made to his dead homie

And i posted those vids to show u the influence big had ,

had westcoast legends like snoop n cube biting his shyt
Actually Big and Puff both admitted they were influenced by those West Coast albums when they were making RTD and LAD.

As far as filler goes Another, I Love the Dough, Nasty Boy, Missing You. I didn't even like Mo Money Mo Problems or Hypnotize tbh. I could see the direction Big was going in and it wasn't what I liked about him in the first place

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Side note I was at the train station and bought the latest source with wiz khalifa on the cover and it had some good articles but the editing is fukking laughable. Entire words missing and spelling mistakes everywhere.

Did you buy Murder Dog by mistake?

Daps
Reppin
SouthsideQueens
Actually Big and Puff both admitted they were influenced by those West Coast albums when they were making RTD and LAD.

As far as filler goes Another, I Love the Dough, Nasty Boy, Missing You. I didn't even like Mo Money Mo Problems or Hypnotize tbh. I could see the direction Big was going in and it wasn't what I liked about him in the first place

they were on rtd

cuz of the production

LAD Was str8 eastcoast

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
they were on rtd

cuz of the production

LAD Was str8 eastcoast

How was it straight East Coast when it had a joint called Going Back to Cali. Or Notorious Thugs when he was rhyming like a group from the Midwest. Too Short was even on a track. It was actually a pretty diverse album musically. RTD had way more of that traditional East Coast production.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
hes talking about the tournament.

and yea, doggystyle is >>> or = to illmatic
I don't agree with this at all, Illmatic is a better album than Doggystyle. >>> most definitely not :comeon:

A 4 isn't even a bad rating my nikka, it's a great album but slightly worse than The Chronic that got 4.5. Looking at other reviews from other publications it was a 4-5 Mic LP, with it's worse review being by Robert Chrisgau who bombed the album and Q Mag that gave the album a 3 and later revised it to 4.

Last edited: