EDIT: SOURCE MAGAZINE BIAS PROVEN TO BE MYTH - Source Top 100 Albums list

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
But we talkin PAC here breh.. I'm not even a PAC fan like that but his impact on hip hop music is only rivaled by big and maybe jay.. But I could live wit 2 ll albums and removing dat fugees album

You have to remember The Source is a EASTCOAST Mag so they did hate on Westcoast albums. I think they didn't even review "All Eyes On Me" at the time. It was just wrong to say that's not a Pac Classic in 1998 2 years after his death. Are they kidding? it's not debatable. You can throw rocks at Pac's 1st two albums but you can't say sh!t about those last 3. I understand some say "Makaveli" is debatable but at the very least MATW and AEOM are certified and can't be touched.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
3 ll cool j albums but just 1 PAC album?? The blatant east coast bias in the writing staff was just :scust: pretty much explains y the xxl take over was so easy.. Much better well rounded mag.. All ways covered wat was hott no matter the artist location.. fukk this list link the xxl top 100 for real debate

why single out LL cool j?

why dont you single out somebody who doesnt deserve to be in there instead?

cuz truth be told, those 3 LL albums are better than any albums pac ever made aside from makaveli.

and lol @ you proppin up that xxl cooon garbage.:scusthov:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Mobb was it this issue? or before this issue?

img620.jpg

Edit, never mind, this was a 2000 cover.
eaeee93c94e4bea1883e281326cc5a29.500x688x1.jpg

This one.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You have to remember The Source is a EASTCOAST Mag so they did hate on Westcoast albums. I think they didn't even review "All Eyes On Me" at the time. It was just wrong to say that's not a Pac Classic in 1998 2 years after his death. Are they kidding? it's not debatable. You can throw rocks at Pac's 1st two albums but you can't say sh!t about those last 3. I understand some say "Makaveli" is debatable but at the very least MATW and AEOM are certified and can't be touched.
There's a lot of West Coast albums on the list though...
I agree that AEOM should have been on the list in January of 98.

vampire xtc

The E-Legend
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Let's be clear, "It Was Written" was BIGGER than anything Jay released at the time of it's release in 96. Only Biggie, LL and NaS moved units for New York solo emcees at that point. Jigga did not enter the picture as far as "Mega" sales until after Biggie died. NaS, yes NaS was a Platinum artist long before Jay.

technically jay was a platinum artist before nas

"aint no nikka" single went platinum before nas had a platinum single or album

but im assuming you didnt know that and will now change it to "oh i meant albums only"

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
One of the best lists. I disliked the East Coast bias but I can't think of any albums that don't deserve to be there.

Figdcotton

Why are you mad at a real niguh??
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles.. Figside
why single out LL cool j?

why dont you single out somebody who doesnt deserve to be in there instead?

cuz truth be told, those 3 LL albums are better than MATW(which made the list) and AEOM.

and lol @ you proppin up that xxl cooon garbage.:scusthov:

Naw breh from 2001-2007 xxl was da goat.. It's mainstream bullshyt now.. But it had a great run.. I remember I bought that source wit da double rocafella covers in like 02 n nikkas dead ass :what::comeon::stopitslime::lolbron::mjlol::ufdup::bryan::dahell::shaq2: Ran home from da barbershop mad af.. Started stealing every xxl after dat

9c5b35f7_tumblr_milkjcwgWV1qzbwkjo1_1280.jpeg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Naw breh from 2001-2007 xxl was da goat.. It's mainstream bullshyt now.. But it had a great run.. I remember I bought that source wit da double rocafella covers in like 02 n nikkas dead ass :what::comeon::stopitslime::lolbron::mjlol::ufdup::bryan::dahell::shaq2: Ran home from da barbershop mad af.. Started stealing every xxl after dat

I'd say XXL's run was more like 2001-2005 before people felt the politics started creeping in. The Source still had pretty consistency registration numbers even when they fell off. Again XXL did takeover The Source's lane but they did not at ANY POINT have the Dominance that the Source did at their peak. Nobody ever called XXL, "The Hip Hop Bible'. Even artist would get salty if The Source didn't give them props. Biggie was pissed at them for not giving him the Rhyme of the month one time.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
gotta love my Coli hip hop historians choppin it up

:salute: :pachaha:

side-note, Rev Run spending time with his daughter and grand-baby

A Lil Rap Princess Preciousness: Vanessa Simmons Brings Daughter Ava Marie To Dinner With Grandpa Rev. Run
screen-shot-2014-10-03-at-9-21-32-am.png

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
technically jay was a platinum artist before nas

"aint no nikka" single went platinum before nas had a platinum single or album

but im assuming you didnt know that and will now change it to "oh i meant albums only"

Actually it didn't. "Ain't No nikka" was a b-side of "Dead Presidents", it went Gold. They did press up a solo "Ain't no N!gga" single, I had that two but it didn't move units like the "Dead Presidents" single did. Yes Jay had a certified plaque before NaS did so that's true. But NaS did go Platinum 1st. NaS's 1st certified plaque was the "Street Dreams" single.

220px-Jay-ZAintNoPlaya.jpg

(Ain't No N!gga was released After it was featured on the "Nutty Professor Soundtrack" and "Dead Presidents" Single but it was never certified as a single).

220px-Jay-ZDeadPresidents.jpg

(The original Dead Presidents single had "Ain't no N!gga" which helped it to give Jay Z his 1st certified Plaque)