EDIT: SOURCE MAGAZINE BIAS PROVEN TO BE MYTH - Source Top 100 Albums list

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
So was reasonable doubt :huhldup: And shyt all but mama said knock you out :pacspit:
Good point. I glossed over RD. The only other 96 album that's on the list is The Score from the Fugees (which I would take off in a heartbeat). The only album from 97 is LAD.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
3 ll cool j albums but just 1 PAC album?? The blatant east coast bias in the writing staff was just :scust: pretty much explains y the xxl take over was so easy.. Much better well rounded mag.. All ways covered wat was hott no matter the artist location.. fukk this list link the xxl top 100 for real debate

I agree they did Pac dirty but 3 LL albums is not that far fetched (Probably should of been 2 though). LL had some genre defining LP's in Hip Hop History. I know we clown LL now but let's not forget all the classic material this man dropped in his 30+ year career.

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
Yes cause in 98 Jigga blew up thus "Reasonable Doubt" significance grew.

oh yes i do know, i just find it funny the coli says it became a classic after jayz said it was

and i see you know your sh!t, becuz IWW was gettin shytted on when it dropped, people that lived that era would know

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This was published in January though.

OK, well at the time in 96 they gave it 4 MICS (Same as I.W.W.). LOL @ RD and IWW reviewed on the same page, talk about irony. Yet Jay tried to say I.W.W. was "Ahhh" on "Takeover".

it-was-written-and-reasonable-doubt-reviews.jpg

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
oh yes i do know, i just find it funny the coli says it became a classic after jayz said it was

and i see you know your sh!t, becuz IWW was gettin shytted on when it dropped, people that lived that era would know
List was published before Jigga blew up. And IWW was simultaneously acclaimed and shytted on back in 96.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Let's be clear, "It Was Written" was BIGGER than anything Jay released at the time of it's release in 96. Only Biggie, LL and NaS moved units for New York solo emcees at that point. Jigga did not enter the picture as far as "Mega" sales until after Biggie died. NaS, yes NaS was a Platinum artist long before Jay.

vampire xtc

The E-Legend
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i have this issue in my house somewhere...

well ironically back then and even now having seen the list again

i really cant be mad at it

but to be fair im an older dude so i was able to experience these albums

some of you 90's babies just wont be able to connect

like ll cool j having 3 albums on the list

to be fair although he has a incredibly weak catalog at the times of those albums dropping there really wasnt anyone makin noise like him

so i cant even be mad at it

even today if someone wanted to make a definitive list of 100 best hip hop albums of all time and presented this EXACT list

i couldnt really be mad

yea i would wish it was written was on it or something like that but overall cant be mad

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

to be fair although he has a incredibly weak catalog at the times of those albums dropping there really wasnt anyone makin noise like him

even today if someone wanted to make a definitive list of 100 best hip hop albums of all time and presented this EXACT list

i couldnt really be mad

yea i would wish it was written was on it or something like that but overall cant be mad
I had the issue back in the day too - LL was on the cover.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City

i couldnt really be mad

Vampirextc, I actually think this list is perfect for 90's babies to understand why the 80's and 90's will always be the best era. They should use this list to do their homework. It's a very solid list.

Figdcotton

Why are you mad at a real niguh??
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles.. Figside
I agree they did Pac dirty but 3 LL albums is not that far fetched (Probably should of been 2 though). LL had some genre defining LP's in Hip Hop History. I know we clown LL now but let's not forget all the classic material this man dropped in his 30+ year career.

But we talkin PAC here breh.. I'm not even a PAC fan like that but his impact on hip hop music is only rivaled by big and maybe jay.. But I could live wit 2 ll albums and removing dat fugees album