edit: If you check the stats, Kanye West is the most militant black celebrity since Tupac Shakur

Agree or disagree

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
Now, it has to be an A-list black celebrity? Otherwise I could throw someone like Sean Penn at you.

That's awful specific. And he's only A-list (if that) because of who he has a baby with.

I'm done:laff:

"Kanye West is only A List (if that) because he had a baby with Kim Kardashian":snoop:

You're completely lost.

Oh, and incase you didn't notice, Sean Penn isn't black:russ:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Out of all seriousness my admiration for Kanye is strong because I realized he really cares about art as a whole and it's impact on culture and society.

His level of care for the smallest of details shows why he is where he is today. That "Steve Jobs" goal of his shows already. He's trying to give people a fully immersed experience that most artist today half ass on.

Michael jackson was the same way in that nature. Extremely detailed oriented and wanted to put on the best show possible. If you are a fan of music, hiphop, or art how could you not respect that?

As far as him being the most black militant artist since tupac ,I could agree.

This guy has risked ruining his career numoreous times due to his outspoken approach on issues regarding blacks and music.

Most artist these days act the part on records but when their own live tv or in an interview they sound just as politically correct as politicians.

Name a mainstream rapper that would drop a track like new slaves?

You don't have to like Kanye or his music but you have to give him his credit.

christinasade

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never said nor implied he would.

What I'm saying is since the death of Tupac Shakur the strongest example of militancy, is Kanye West.

I'm just making a controversial statement that if you check the facts, as hard as it to say, it's true:manny:

If anything that's an indictment on the state of the industry. That after almost 20 years, Kanye fukking West is the best example of black militancy.

Does Kanye deserve that? Hell no. But of the pool there is to choose from, he stands as the strongest if not the only.

And in all it's sad that everybody is politically correct now:manny:

what im saying is...kanyes life don't relect it

a big part of being a militant is living what you speak

kanye does not.

therefore hes not a militant.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
I'm done:laff:

Kanye West is only A List because he had a baby with Kim Kardashian.

You're completely lost.

Oh, and incase you didn't notice, Sean Penn isn't black:russ:

Again, comprehension.

If you followed my instructions you would realize that I said otherwise I would throw Sean Penn at you.

But it's good that you're done because I hate being a bully.

The emoticons are cute though.

Daps
This guy has risked ruining his career numoreous times due to his outspoken approach on issues regarding blacks and music.

Most artist these days act the part on records but when their own live tv or in an interview they sound just as politically correct as politicians.

Name a mainstream rapper that would drop a track like new slaves?

You don't have to like Kanye or his music but you have to give him his credit.

Quoted for emphasis. You get it:salute:

Posters in here arguing for pages against Kanye but have yet to give an example that supersedes Ye.

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
Quoted for emphasis. You get it:salute:

Posters in here arguing for pages against Kanye but have yet to give an example that supercedes Ye.

I'm not against Kanye criticizing Obama if he feels that's his responsibility as an artist.

I'm against Kanye for criticizing Bush and apologizing afterwards on Ellen.

I respect the artists who criticized Bush with no apologies.

Or anyone as he tends to do.

To compare him to Tupac of all people is laughable and kind of disrespectful.

Daps
I'm not against Kanye criticizing Obama if he feels that's his responsibility as an artist.

I'm against Kanye for criticizing Bush and apologizing afterwards on Ellen.

I respect the artists who criticized Bush with no apologies.

Or anyone as he tends to do.

To compare him to Tupac of all people is laughable and kind of disrespectful.

Let's not act like the severity of the statements can even compare. Ye is going against the status quo as to where to make your statements and ignited a media firestorm.

What he said to Bush probably was on the way to getting him killed. If you seen the Bush interview on it, he was visibly livid.

He has consistently risked his career to make these statements. The few artists you can claim to be somewhat militant wouldn't dare say anything of the sort outside of their music. Neither do they hold the status Ye does.

But again I'm not comparing. I said since. Meaning in a post-2pac world, in this modern era, he is the best example of in your face militancy.

Does he deserve to be called militant, of itself? No. Definitely not.

But relative to what is available to choose from, he's the best example in a modern world WITHOUT tupac.

You can't even compare the two because tupac spoke on pain and feeding the children.

Ye can't relate to that bracket. But what he does speak on is what he's knowledgable in, music, and fashion and even threw in being socially conscious. And he draws all of the above back to the oppression of the black person even in popular culture, at the executive level.

You may not like Ye's demeanor, But regardless I don't see how you can't respect that:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Let's not act like the severity of the statements can even compare. Ye is going against the status quo as to where to make your statements and ignited a media firestorm.

What he said to Bush probably was on the way to getting him killed. If you seen the Bush interview on it, he was visibly livid.

He has consistently risked his career to make these statements. The few artists you can claim to be somewhat militant wouldn't dare say anything of the sort outside of their music. Neither do they hold the status Ye does.

But again I'm not comparing. I said since. Meaning in a post-2pac world, in this modern era, he is the best example of in your face militancy.

But relative to what is available to choose from, he's the best example in a modern world WITHOUT tupac.

You can't even compare the two because tupac spoke on pain and feeding the children.

Ye can't relate to that bracket. But what he does speak on is what he's knowledgable in, music, and fashion and even threw in being socially conscious. And he draws all of the above back to the oppression of the black person even in popular culture, at the executive level.

You may not like Ye's demeanor, But regardless I don't see how you can't respect that:manny:
Can't lie I would have been scared like shyt :wow:

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin

Ye can't relate to that bracket. But what he does speak on is what he's knowledgable in, music, and fashion and even threw in being socially conscious. And he draws all of the above back to the oppression of he black person even in popular culture, at the executive level.

I've more than explained myself.

You're somewhere stuck in 2004 and skipped the video where Kanye apologized to Bush.

I'm not the one who originally made the comparison between Kanye and Tupac, I have common sense.

But for the last eight years, there's been a different president and doesn't take Kanye seriously.

Kanye speaks before he thinks. otherwise he wouldn't have apologized to Bush.

You're contradicting yourself, if he's socially conscious about black issues, then how isn't he part of the reason why this thread was made?

I don't think he's knowledgeable enough to pull that off compelling enough.

He's being harassed because he's married to a Kardashian and he's known to act out as a result. One pic is gold. It's not because he's a militant but because he's married to a heiress who became famous from fukking a failed R&B singer on camera.

Before then, the paparazzi didn't give a fukk about him.

He's no revolutionary. He's no Tupac.

Daps
I've more than explained myself.

You're somewhere stuck in 2004 and skipped the video where Kanye apologized to Bush.

I'm not the one who originally made the comparison between Kanye and Tupac, I have common sense.

But for the last eight years, there's been a different president and doesn't take Kanye seriously.

Kanye speaks before he thinks. otherwise he wouldn't have apologized to Bush.

You're contradicting yourself, if he's socially conscious about black issues, then how isn't he part of the reason why this thread was made?

I don't think he's knowledgeable enough to pull that off compelling enough.

He's being harassed because he's married to a Kardashian and he's known to act out as a result. One pic is gold. It's not because he's a militant but because he's married to a heiress who became famous from fukking a failed R&B singer on camera.

Before then, the paparazzi didn't give a fukk about him.

He's no revolutionary. He's no Tupac.

Because we are talking about paparazzi and Kim Kardashian here.

You're pulling all your cards out the bag, completely irrelevant to the discussion, and comparing him to Tupac

Stop derailing the thread and focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.