edit: If you check the stats, Kanye West is the most militant black celebrity since Tupac Shakur

Agree or disagree

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
The topic is the title of this thread.

Ok now stick to it

The title states Kanye West is the most militant black celeb since Tupac Shakur.

To refute that you need to present to me another a-list black celebrity who has done more.

Reading comprehension, is key.

Daps
Did you watch the video of him apologizing to Bush which Tupac never would have done?

If you want to pull the choppas out, I can also state how Tupac neutralized his own black empowerment movement leading to his own murder over a fukking chain.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
The point is tupac is known and loved around the world.

To suggest most his fans are black is downplaying his legacy. Period.

You come in a thread trying to argue against Kanye, and end up shytting on Tupac.

You shouldn't speak:sitdown:

What the hell you talking about, you know white people aren't the majority peoples in this world right?

I said the majority of Pac fans aren't white, never said anything about them being majority black either, wiseguy.

Don't compare Tupac and Kanyes militancy, one comes from a panther family, the other comes from a suburban family and married and had a family with a shallow white rich woman called Kim Kardashian.

christinasade

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading comprehension is key. The title states Kanye West is the most militant black celeb since Tupac Shakur.

To refute that you need to present to me another a-list black celebrity who has done more.

fukk your comprehension

don't compare that fakkit to 2pac....like ever.

cause don't compare.....they have like NOTHING in common.

now if you wanna compare kanye to somebody else? fine.

christinasade

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would've have loved to see a rebuttal to what I said

when you don't live what you preach NOBODY takes you serious

therefore white people are not scared of kanye.

hes a hyprocrite.

Daps
fukk your comprehension

don't compare that fakkit to 2pac....like ever.

cause don't compare.....they have like NOTHING in common.

now if you wanna compare kanye to somebody else? fine.

I said SINCE Tupac Shakur.

That acknowledges Tupac set a higher standard of militancy.

That's not comparing them you fukking idiot.

sun raw

All Star
Daps
in his music kanye, especially on yeezus, addresses race in ways that clearly make people uncomfortable like when he conflates civil rights symbols with sex ('put my fist in her like a civil rights sign') or when he samples 'strange fruit'

like that last one comes across to me as kanye trying to work through his status as a celebrity and his addressing issues of racism, he wants to snort all that cocaine and have affairs and shyt but he can't stop thinking about lynchings

so you don't have anything to say? good.

i clearly said damn what a diss, that is something

christinasade

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you want to pull the choppas out, I can also state how Tupac neutralized his own black empowerment movement leading to his own murder over a fukking chain.

well take that choppa and shoot ya self because it wasn't about gang shyt as 2pac didn't claim a set

it was about principal he felt as though biggie and them were wrong and called them out for it

as well as anybody else.

im not saying it was completely well thought out but still.

christinasade

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said SINCE Tupac Shakur.

That acknowledges Tupac set a higher standard of militancy.

That's not comparing them you fukking idiot.

using them in the same sentence implies it.

kanye has not and will never reach 2pacs level of militancy

Daps

well take that choppa and shoot ya self because it wasn't about gang shyt as 2pac didn't claim a set

it was about principal he felt as though biggie and them were wrong and called them out for it

as well as anybody else.

im not saying it was completely well thought out but still.

Breh I'm not really trying to be in this thread shytting on Pac, but let's not act like the last few years of his life he stuck to his black empowerment movement.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Ok now stick to it

The title states Kanye West is the most militant black celeb since Tupac Shakur.

You're right, reading comprehension is key.

Yet somehow, it's lost on you.

I provided the video and the poll numbers don't lie.

Done more?

What has Kaye done?

If it's just music, I'd go with Nas long before I'd go with Kanye apologizing to George Bush with the ****** album.

Now, it has to be an A-list black celebrity? Otherwise I could throw someone like Sean Penn at you.

That's awful specific. And he's only A-list (if that) because of who he has a baby with.

Let's go with Denzel Washington who didn't apologize after criticizing Bush.

And again, the president is Obama who doesn't take Kanye seriously.

Read twice for comprehension, watch the video, and read one more time.

And maybe, just maybe, you'll get it.

christinasade

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes he did because regardless of who he was "beefing" with he always stuck to his beliefs

besides just because you have a problem with another black person doesn't mean your not a militant

because all my skin folk aint my kinfolk and sometimes these black folks will do you in faster than white people will 2pac had to find that out the hard way

but the main reason he didn't like biggie was because he felt like biggie was a
fake.

Breh I'm not really trying to be in this thread shytting on Pac, but let's not act like the last few years of his life he stuck to his black empowerment movement.

Daps

using them in the same sentence implies it.

kanye has not and will never reach 2pacs level of militancy

Never said nor implied he would.

What I'm saying is since the death of Tupac Shakur the strongest example of militancy, is Kanye West.

I'm just making a controversial statement that if you check the facts, as hard as it to say, it's true:manny:

If anything that's an indictment on the state of the industry. That after almost 20 years, Kanye fukking West is the best example of black militancy.

Does Kanye deserve that? Hell no. But of the pool there is to choose from, he stands as the strongest if not the only.

And in all it's sad that everybody is politically correct now:manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.