edit: If you check the stats, Kanye West is the most militant black celebrity since Tupac Shakur

Agree or disagree

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
You're right about that but the same goes for any well selling rapper including Kanye.

My point, b, is that Pac may have fukked Madonna but he came from and represented a different economic level.

One became a rap legend. The other became a ghost written diva.

So because he came from a family that afforded him a decent upbringing he can't speak on racial issues? :what:

Fact is he's the son of a panther. Yes he grew up middle class and wasn't in the streets. Yes he's a diva, and into faggy fashion, but the fact remains whatever lane he was in, and saw corruption, he spoke out against it. Whether it be at a charity event, or drunk at an awards show.

Y'all trying to set a bar to be called militancy, name me another artist that has spoke out against racial inequality, against the script, consistently, and didn't care if the media crucified him for it:stopitslime:

Jay Z would be scared to say an iPhone is better than a Samsung Android:mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
To this day, this is still sooooo :what: to me...

It's so obvious they're doing a lot of butt kissing and belong to an elite corporate circle.

It's easy to be militant when you're like dead prez/immortal technique.

Most people don't even give a fukk who you are. You could drop a track calling for a coup and most people wouldn't know or even care.

Kanye on the other hand stands right next to Jay Z, a clear corporate c00n. Kanye sells out stadiums in Paris, all the cacs know him. And they also know his views on racial discrimination at the executive level.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
And they also know his views on racial discrimination at the executive level.

That's the big difference between Jay and Kanye.

Jay only becomes threatening to his own, especially when he's rapping about flooding the black community with drugs and/or condescendingly telling us how his curtains cost more than our houses. :laff:

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
So because he came from a family that afforded him a normal upbringing he can't speak on racial issues? :what:

Fact is he's the son of a panther. Yes he grew up middle class and wasn't in the streets. Yes he's a diva, and into faggy fashion, but the fact remains whatever lame he was in, and saw corruption, he spoke out on it. Whether it be at a charity event, or drunk at an awards show.

Y'all trying to set a bar to be called militancy, name me another artist that has spoke out against racial inequality, against the script, consistently, and didn't care if the media crucified him for it:stopitslime:

Jay Z would be scared to say an iPhone is better than a Samsung Android:mjlol:

You just made my case for me.

The only time Kanye got noticed for that was when he took the mic from Taylor Swift of all people and he quickly apologized after on fukking ELLEN.

I'm only in my late twenties but I get when old heads say each generation is getting softer.

Yeah, Kanye's father was a Panther but he has to be his own man.

Jay is in the backend of my top ten so I don't care about phones.

Last edited:

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
That's the big difference between Jay and Kanye.

Jay only becomes threatening to his own, especially when he's rapping about flooding the black community with drugs and/or condescendingly telling us how his curtains cost more than our houses. :laff:

No white man in power is worried about Kanye West.

Not even Brice Jenner.

The one heterosexual on Earth who's slightly manlier than Kanye after all the plastic surgery..

Daps
No white man in power is worried about Kanye West.

Not even Brice Jenner.

The one heterosexual on Earth who's slightly manlier than Kanye after all the plastic surgery..

He got on George Bush radar and royally pissed him off:steven:

Name me your favorite rapper and I'll then ask you if George Bush even knows his name.

You just made my case for me.

The only time Kanye got noticed for that was when he took the mic from Taylor Swift of all people and he quickly apologized after on fukking ELLEN.

I'm only in my late twenties but I get when old heads say each generation is getting softer.

Yeah, Kanye's father was a Panther but he has to be his own man.

Jay is in the backend of my top ten so I don't care about phones.

You're missing the point.

Name a black rapper/entertainer/celebrity A-C list that has been as outspoken as Kanye on corruption.

I'm waiting.

Whether he passes your bar to be called militant is irrelevant, fact is there is nobody else in the industry that has the balls to say what he has said.

And it's been more than Taylor Swift (which by the way pointed out that a black female music icon was being robbed in front of our faces on a reputable awards show), it's also been the Katrina situation in New Orleans, it's also been the racism in the fashion industry, it's also been him defining to you what modern racism/being a 2014 slave is. He's showing you you still face these same issues our ancestors did, but in different forms.

Again, name me any black rapper/musician/actor/celebrity/athlete dead or alive, since Tupac Shakur that has done better.

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
He got on George Bush radar and royally pissed him off:steven:

Name me your favorite rapper and I'll then ask you if George Bush even knows his name.

You're missing the point.

Name a black rapper/entertainer/celebrity A-C list that has been as outspoken as Kanye on corruption.

I'm waiting.

Whether he passes your bar to be called militant is irrelevant, fact is there is nobody else in the industry that has the balls to say what he has said.

And it's been more than Taylor Swift (which by the way pointed out that a black female music icon was being robbed by some cac), it's also been the Katrina situation in New Orleans, it's also been the racism in the fashion industry, it's also been him defining to you what modern racism/bring a new slave is. He's showing you you still face these same issues our ancestors did, but in different forms.

Again, name me any black rapper/musician/actor/celebmusrity/athlete dead or alive, since Tupac Shakur that has done better.

The bold is why Kanye apologized to Dubya too.

By the way, when you were busy jerking off to 'Ye's album covers, Barack Obama was elected president.

Obama knows Nas's name. In fact, his music is in his iPod while he thinks Kanye is a bit of a jackass.

Corruption? What position do you Kanye is in? He's barely a rapper.

As far as the fashion industry goes,maybe he's crying wolf and maybe I don't care unless you want to wear kneeless leather pants.

He's not David Bowie. It's been done before by more talented people who didn't need a writing team behind them

Status
Not open for further replies.