Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I listen to a lot of Eddie George interviews and low-key follow HBCU sports. I don't think Eddie respects the leadership at HBCU's either if that's what you're implying. He is just way more tact and politically correct than someone like Ed Reed. HBCU alumni are very sensitive to any sort of criticism to HBCU's and he is very aware of it.

If Eddie doesn't start winning some of these games, he will be fired.

Eddie George said in one interview that when he was on the Titans, they had training camp at TSU and there was mold in the building they stayed at. When he came back to coach, he said the same mold was still there. :snoop: He's very frustrated but tries to work through it.

nah i wasnt implying the leadership i meant the school itself. the name, the history, the struggle they go through. they dont value it as much as they would a USF or UCF down the road cause they'd never pull this type of shyt but since it's black folk they feel comfortable

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
That’s the thing, the schools they want to coach at aren’t letting them jump the line like some of these HBCUs have done. He was at the U as Chief of Staff for some time and ain’t utter one word about how fukked up their football program was
Why would he say something bad about where he is an alumni at?

Hov

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ed Reed was wrong.

BC should’ve kept him though.

No matter what, they would’ve flipped some major recruits and gotten the most publicity out of any HBCU since Deion isn’t at JSU anymore, then can fire him after 1-2 terrible or disfunctiinal seasons or win and win twice at that, since a lot of money and stars would’ve stepped onto campus and promoted their games.

Now not only do they not have Ed Reed, every potential recruit in football (and track) now how awful every aspect of the athletics program is, and that they don’t even have Ed Reed there now. Sheeeesh it’s going to be rough there

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
TF kinda question is this?
why would he say something bad about where he was getting his 1st ever HC gig at?:dead:
Because clearly he was pissed off at his situation and how shytty the football program gets treated

I don’t agree with saying it over social media but sometimes you have to air out the dirty laundry for things to change .

:yeshrug:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Brother Ed preaching about the devils walking amongst the people :wow: :mjlol:

He’s probably doing too much but I think this comes down to the school not being able/willing to meet whatever demands he may be looking for as far as resources. Ed also should be more understanding about the reality of where they are and what they can really offer him right now, and build from there.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah i wasnt implying the leadership i meant the school itself. the name, the history, the struggle they go through. they dont value it as much as they would a USF or UCF down the road cause they'd never pull this type of shyt but since it's black folk they feel comfortable

In all fairness I wouldn't include Prime in that. He's always had a fondness for HBCU's and had been advocating for the NFL combine to give an opportunity to HBCU athletes well before he coached at Jackson State.

It was no surprise to me that he began his collegiate coaching career at a HBCU.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Pwi alumni’s donate after they graduate hbcu’s don’t.
Donations across the board is 6% at the highest, i need you all to free yourselves from this notion
Looks and feels like a act and I've kelp my hands off this hbcu stuff for the most part
I think his passion is true, but he needs stay off sm