Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
but why would you do it as soon as you got there? Who gets a new job and scream on em when you 1st get there? that shows he's either completely clueless or has 0 respect for the position and institution.

ehh that cat used to shyt on jsu and air them out every chance he got when he got there and he aint have no choice but to start off at a hbcu wasn't nobody letting him jump from hs to hc
Clearly he didn’t expect it to be as fukked up as it is

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The players have signed a petition

I think its obvious that Reed’s heart was in the right place but its also obvious that, like I said before, you can’t be bad-mouthing the institution BEFORE the ink is even dry on your paperwork.

At the end of the day I sincerely believe that people like Sanders and Reed aren’t talking out of their asses when they criticize the shoddy running of HBCUS. My mother went to Morris Brown right around the time they were losing their accreditation and some of the horror stories she told me about badly run the financial office was and how students had to jump through hoops for most BASIC of assistance was ridiculous. My sister went to Hampton and experienced similar issues. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. You hire a celebrity head coach and he walks in to work to a dirty office and trash on the field? Unacceptable.

At the same time if you truly have an end-game and a plan to get funding to the school and improve the facilities and the overall quality of the student-athlete's lives you need to gold your tongue for awhile until you’ve proven that your presence is indeed making effective change. Its about what you can show and PROVE in this day and age and Reed needed to gut that shyt out for both the sake of his career and the kids

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I think its obvious that Reed’s heart was in the right place but its also obvious that, like I said before, you can’t be bad-mouthing the institution BEFORE the ink is even dry on your paperwork.

At the end of the day I sincerely believe that people like Sanders and Reed aren’t talking out of their asses when they criticize the shoddy running of HBCUS. My mother went to Morris Brown right around the time they were losing their accreditation and some of the horror stories she told me about badly run the financial office was and how students had to jump through hoops for most BASIC of assistance was ridiculous. My sister went to Hampton and experienced similar issues. Where there’s smoke there’s fire. You hire a celebrity head coach and he walks in to work to a dirty office and trash on the field? Unacceptable.

At the same time if you truly have an end-game and a plan to get funding to the school and improve the facilities and the overall quality of the student-athlete's lives you need to gold your tongue for awhile until you’ve proven that your presence is indeed making effective change. Its about what you can show and PROVE in this day and age and Reed needed to gut that shyt out for both the sake of his career and the kids
The only people that matter are the football players. They probably thought this was major. Oh well

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but why would you do it as soon as you got there? Who gets a new job and scream on em when you 1st get there? that shows he's either completely clueless or has 0 respect for the position and institution.

ehh that cat used to shyt on jsu and air them out every chance he got when he got there and he aint have no choice but to start off at a hbcu wasn't nobody letting him jump from hs to hc

You’re way too sensitive to have a serious conversation on Hbcu’s.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Raggedy ass “leaders” of these universities care more about hurt feelings and respectability politics than the kids fasho …it’s pathetic
That's all this is. All this other shyt they rambling about in here is just a formality

If you feel so strongly about his comments then pull him aside and work on improving things, since I'm sure if he sees it then any recruit would see the differences too

Instead you fire him and now have no coach, 20+ recruits on campus now probably looking elsewhere seeing the same shyt Ed saw plus you firing him, players forming to demand him back, people not even affiliated with the team making online petitions to bring him back.

What was accomplished? Protecting their ego? I wouldn't even go back if I was Ed, I'd just chill and keep growing my greys out. That relationship's damaged permanently

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I listen to a lot of Eddie George interviews and low-key follow HBCU sports. I don't think Eddie respects the leadership at HBCU's either if that's what you're implying. He is just way more tact and politically correct than someone like Ed Reed. HBCU alumni are very sensitive to any sort of criticism to HBCU's and he is very aware of it.

If Eddie doesn't start winning some of these games, he will be fired.

Eddie George said in one interview that when he was on the Titans, they had training camp at TSU and there was mold in the building they stayed at. When he came back to coach, he said the same mold was still there. :snoop: He's very frustrated but tries to work through it.

facts eddie george just had back to back losing seasons

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'm a big fan of Ed Reed but his clownish act has opened HBCU's to criticism by cacs and c00ns everywhere.