Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The difference between Reed and Sanders is that Sanders saw the bullshyt, but worked THROUGH it and proved himself, then cashed out later.

Thats the deal when you take the big jobs at smaller institutions. Your resources are generally going to be MUCH more finite than what you’d get at a bigger more prestigious institution but your afforded the opportunity to be the head guy and build your rep and if you WIN then better opportunities present themselves.

You also have more leverage and you also have more credibility when and if you do decide to air grievances. Sanders had a camera crew everywhere he went for three years DOCUMENTING what he did, how the program improved under his leadership, and also some of the inherent flaws of the institution. Which is why when he moved on yes there was controversy, but it was mostly just people emotional that a black man left a black school to go to a white one. But NOBODY could actually say that his reasoning and criticisms of the school weren’t valid.

When you sign up for these types of positions you gotta play the game

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
HBCUs need to get their shyt together :francis: What he said was unbecoming of a person in his position but if he wasn’t lying and the issues and the university why are you continuing to engage in these bad practices

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
HBCUs need to get their shyt together :francis: What he said was unbecoming of a person in his position but if he wasn’t lying and the issues and the university why are you continuing to engage in these bad practices

STOP SAYING THIS DUMB shyt LIKE ALL HBCUS ARE IN BAD SHAPE AND WHITE SCHOOLS DONT HAVE ISSUES

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
STOP SAYING THIS DUMB shyt LIKE ALL HBCUS ARE IN BAD SHAPE AND WHITE SCHOOLS DONT HAVE ISSUES
I don’t give a fukk about white schools …stop deflecting …them nikkas need to get their shyt together …it should be beyond embarrassing at this point all that “buhh buhh buh what about da white schooools” nikka shut the fukk up and be accountable for your own bullshyt

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don’t give a fukk about white schools …stop deflecting …them nikkas need to get their shyt together …it should be beyond embarrassing at this point all that “buhh buhh buh what about da white schooools” nikka shut the fukk up and be accountable for your own bullshyt

So what do they need to get together??

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could make that same argument as the PWI's as well. As I've said before, they are mismanaging bread just as much as the HBCU's are with the only difference being that they have a bigger endowment to help hide it.

It's hilarious that posters keep acting like it's only an HBCU issue that needs to be addressed and acknowledged.
Pwi alumni’s donate after they graduate hbcu’s don’t.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This nikka is just keepin it real goin wrong personified

These men be so used to rallying men like this athletically, they think this behavior is acceptable in the real world. All he needs is proper media training

You hit the nail on the head.

If I were Reed I would’ve tried to spend at least a month around Sanders. Deion is a MASTER at controlling the narrative, balancing his passion and using social media and not letting social media use HIM. Sanders is media trained. Reed is just passionate.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cause these guys who didn't go to or come up coaching thru HBCUs simply don't respect them as an institution.
The only one who seems to respect them is Eddie at TSU.

I listen to a lot of Eddie George interviews and low-key follow HBCU sports. I don't think Eddie respects the leadership at HBCU's either if that's what you're implying. He is just way more tact and politically correct than someone like Ed Reed. HBCU alumni are very sensitive to any sort of criticism to HBCU's and he is very aware of it.

If Eddie doesn't start winning some of these games, he will be fired.

Eddie George said in one interview that when he was on the Titans, they had training camp at TSU and there was mold in the building they stayed at. When he came back to coach, he said the same mold was still there. :snoop: He's very frustrated but tries to work through it.

Last edited:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
So what do they need to get together??
Go ask Ed Reed nikka …the fukk you sitting here being obtuse for …the nikka clearly told you what he believed were systemic problems with the school …now you want to play dumb :mjlol: