Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
Ed Reed was as much the "Chief of Staff" at Miami as Sgt. Slaughter was an actual seargent :mjlol::unimpressed:

Ed Reed ain't actually serious about being a football coach and never has been.
He spent half the year in Georgia and showed up on campus whenever he felt like it, and got away with it because of who he was:mjlol:

This union wasn't going to work out anyway, best for them to part ways:hubie:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
winning brings in money, tv contracts etc

deion helped out the hbus, if hes successful at colorado it will open the doors for more coaches
so one school winning is gonna get SWAC and MEAC to get a bigger deal with ESPN and get them off tape delay other than 4 times a year? :ohhh:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory

Jesus comparisons huh :patrice:

@Lucky_Lefty this man legit thought he was an actual savior :huhldup:

And that, ultimately, is my issue with these guys. This savior mentality. This if you listen to me, I’ll take you to the mountaintop shyt they like to pop off. You’re just a coach dog, nothing more, nothing less. Your impact doesn’t go further than your locker room.

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the reality is, hbu's need money coming in, names do that. qualified coaches only see it as a pit stop. I dont blame deion for doing what he did, he brought attention to hbu's and hopefully better quality coaches follow him.
Hbcu’s have a lot of money coming in they’re just corrupted. That’s what prime was saying and now ed Reed. They mismanaging the money.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm more curious if the HBCU woes these coaches talk about are HBCU problems or college football small market/small school problems. I legit don't know if BC or Miles College have significantly worse facilities and support than Ferris State or Valpraiso

Bro this the thing that pisses me off. Cats in here are saying “issues at HBCUs” like white colleges don’t have problems & like ALL HBCUs have issues.

I’m tired of defending my schools and showing dudes white schools are in the same or worse shape. shyt is exhausting.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
And that, ultimately, is my issue with these guys. This savior mentality. This if you listen to me, I’ll take you to the mountaintop shyt they like to pop off. You’re just a coach dog, nothing more, nothing less. Your impact doesn’t go further than your locker room.
Breh I said that shyt in the comments and every football coach and al Bundy in America is roasting me. Not realizing they're proving me right with their cultism of the sport.

It's a fukkin job. Cops think they're crusaders. Bankers think they're serving a civic good. Plastic surgeons think they're saving lives. It's a job. "Leader" is just in the description. These people are fanatics for real look at that shyt.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Hbcu’s have a lot of money coming in they’re just corrupted. That’s what prime was saying and now ed Reed. They mismanaging the money.
If they were as corrupt as you all say, don’t you think they’d be perp walking HBCU admins like YSL members? Corruption and stealing state and fed $$$ is deeply frowned on. They ain’t just letting a group of Black folks steal money like this and slide bruh. Just speaking for the public ones but they can’t just cook the books and never show it to the states that fund them. TSU and PVAMU, just like every other public school in TX, has to go before the state legislature and fight for their funding thru the general appropriations act.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You could make that same argument as the PWI's as well. As I've said before, they are mismanaging bread just as much as the HBCU's are with the only difference being that they have a bigger endowment to help hide it.

It's hilarious that posters keep acting like it's only an HBCU issue that needs to be addressed and acknowledged.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Some of the HBCU facilities aren't wack tho.

Alabama State and Prairie View are beautiful.
Norfork is nice also.
My alma mater (Southern)starting a campus renovation.

The thought of HBCUs having trash facilities is disingenuous.

Like Gizzle said we don't know if some of these lower tier PWI have worse facilities than HBCUs.

I just let these dudes talk at this point bruh. nikkas think all HBCUs play in high school stadiums & all are on the verge of closing. Like you said, some HBCUs have some of the nicest facilities in all of FCS

IMG_1606_NWWjF.JPG

ae6e59_cb58b8e46edd4bc9b037f8fe67054faa~mv2.png

Prime and Reed have some of these nikkas thinking HBCU stadiums are held up by duct tape & we only have 70 folks show up to games

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
He probably wasn’t ready for the job, but it doesn’t mean his points were any less valid about the conditions of the department and school.

Two things
Just because it’s right doesn’t mean you say it
There is a level of professionalism that you have as a coach, and employee, you can’t hop on sm bashing your employer, what program wants that ?

I'm more curious if the HBCU woes these coaches talk about are HBCU problems or college football small market/small school problems. I legit don't know if BC or Miles College have significantly worse facilities and support than Ferris State or Valpraiso
Bc is way better than miles ( btw fukk miles it’s my schools rival) but a Ferris has money coming from multiple angles to help build up some things, so no it won’t be emu status, but it’s better than some hbcu’s

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
reading the twitter responses to Rg3 tweet. yes Ed Reed is showing he's fired up/passionate. whatever u wanna call it about the job/kids
but theres a way to channel that fire to get people behind you. get people wanna root for you and see you win/come up
look at someone like Caddillac Williams. the fire/emotions he showed in after that A&M win.
he didnt get the job at the end but folks were on his side. they really were saying that may be AU next coach
Ed Reed wasnt on that type time. he on some whole other power tripping stuff dissing the school.

Last edited:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
reading the twitter responses to Rg3 tweet. yes Ed Reed is showing he's fired up/passionate. whatever u wanna call it about the job/kids
but theres a way to channel that fire to get people behind you. get people wanna root for you and see you win/come up
look at someone like Caddillac Williams. the fire/emotions he showed in after that A&M win.
Ed Reed wasnt on that type time. he on some whole other power tripping stuff dissing the school.

This nikka is just keepin it real goin wrong personified

These men be so used to rallying men like this athletically, they think this behavior is acceptable in the real world. All he needs is proper media training

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Two things
Just because it’s right doesn’t mean you say it
There is a level of professionalism that you have as a coach, and employee, you can’t hop on sm bashing your employer, what program wants that ?

Bc is way better than miles ( btw fukk miles it’s my schools rival) but a Ferris has money coming from multiple angles to help build up some things, so no it won’t be emu status, but it’s better than some hbcu’s
My cousin played for miles 😆

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Damn nikka you aint post no source or nothing :beli:

And BC did the right thing. Dude came in airing them out and disrespecting them publicly dude did nothing that was HC and representing the university in the correct light.
He thought he was special but nah you aint.

Grand opening grand closing :wow: