Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
You mean like Mike Price & Bobby Petrino who were fired almost immediately after their transgressions?

Or George O'Leary who Notre Dame fired after learning about his falsified resumé?

Y'all e-militant, dap-fishing, hot breff hoteps need to let actual sports fans talk this one out and go have a seat, for real for real.
All of those coaches got jobs immediately after there fukkery. Hell Louisville took back Petrino

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It was a tough job from jump, not sure who advised him on taking the job. And the outburst last week didn't improve matters.

A few notes:

1. It's a private HBCU with well publicized financial and corruption issues (even Vince Carter's mom was involved when she was chair of the BOT)
2. I'm pretty sure Bethune is the only D1 school with an AD doubling as head coach (Reggie Theus is also the men's basketball coach)
3. There's been a lot of athletic admin and coaching changes in the department

I hadn't seen much on who he was targeting staff-wise but he was definitely behind the 8ball. I hope they make a good hire and bring some stability because it sucks for the players

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
It was a tough job from jump, not sure who advised him on taking the job. And the outburst last week didn't improve matters.

A few notes:

1. It's a private HBCU with well publicized financial and corruption issues (even Vince Carter's mom was involved when she was chair of the BOT)
2. I'm pretty sure Bethune is the only D1 school with an AD doubling as head coach (Reggie Theus is also the men's basketball coach)
3. There's been a lot of athletic admin and coaching changes in the department

I hadn't seen much on who he was targeting staff-wise but he was definitely behind the 8ball. I hope they make a good hire and bring some stability because it sucks for the players
Hurricane Ian wrecked them too.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just for him and all the recruits to leave after 1 or 2 years of winning like Deion did at JSU?

These HBCU's need coaches that are actually qualified to coach and want to be there. Not someone like Ed Reed who took the job because no P5 school will look his way.
the reality is, hbu's need money coming in, names do that. qualified coaches only see it as a pit stop. I dont blame deion for doing what he did, he brought attention to hbu's and hopefully better quality coaches follow him.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
the reality is, hbu's need money coming in, names do that. qualified coaches only see it as a pit stop. I dont blame deion for doing what he did, he brought attention to hbu's and hopefully better quality coaches follow him.
You mean the same quality coaches that will see it as a pit stop as well just as Deion did?

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

HBCUs need the state funding that’s been withheld from them more than they need a coach with a flashy name

Also, winning cures all