Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I’ll fasho be praying that your “pro black” ass actually does something for them BCU kids

Thank you!

You know what they say about us pro Blacks and HBCUs' -- we don't want to be accountable and hate accountability.

We must do better Sir. Me included. You really gave me a lesson today Sir - and I thank you for that.

:duck::pacspit:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
That's understandable. - but at ANY job you have to show respect to your employers and watch your mouth and actions when speaking on them.

Also, BCU is private - and they have a history of not working with people they deem not compatible with their standards.

Take one of my loves - Zora Neale Hurston. If Mrs. Bethune didn't let Zora work there -- there aint no way in hell Mr. Reed would get the green light.

Some HBCU's have issues - we all know this. But, let's be real. If Ed Reed wanted to help and drop money and get his "billionaire" friends to help the conditions at the school ---- HE WOULD and HE WOULD do it being the coach or not. So, would his friends. But, nah.

He talking about he spent $2,500 hosting children - well thanks Mr. Reed. But, that's a small amount - and you only did it cause you still hoping you can shame BCU into a gig. I hope BCU gives him his money back.

But, that whole Roland Martin interview he was talking about he still wanna be coach - but then say you not mudding the school or Mrs. McLeod-Bethune.

What the hell is he doing then? He wanted to show out and talk shyt -- and then expects Black colleges just to take the disrespect.

A grown man knows how to handle such issues. He could have called in a contracting company and got to work. But, he didn't.

He wanted to call out BCU and HBCU's as a whole and ride Deions ball sack. When he don't know shyt about HBCU's but the few he visited.

His comments - and the way he voiced them have people talking shyt about ALL HBCU's and damaging the image of them all.

PWI's have the SAME issues as us -- but people want to tar us -- instead of knowing WHY the issues exist and trying to help with resources and being a voice about the issues to the Florida state representatives and government.

Most of the people talking shyt -- didn't even go to a HBCU. Those who didn't go to a HBCU or have long-standing HBCU ties should be quiet.

farrakhan-stop-it.gif
You trying to ignore the house on fire and mad at the people screaming to put it out

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deion looking a little funny in the light if it’s true that he offered the position to Reed, when on video he was acting like he was always pressing for TC to take the reins.

How you don't know that Deion offered T.C. the job after Ed Reed turned it down?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
You trying to ignore the house on fire and mad at the people screaming to put it out
How though? These are issues that happen at most colleges - HBCU's or not.

I also stated I am proud of the students protesting and speaking out. But, also learn why some of these issues arise -- and understand the funding and FEMA reimbursement fund issue. AND that these are OLD schools - that need updating. Money and donations are needed to make those changes.

And, again - if Mr. Reed sees the issue - and cares that much put action behind his words -- go to Home Depot and get that purple drywall, drywall mud, and them nails and work with a contracting company to help out with those issues. Buy the buildings a air conditioning system - or work with a company to get one donated.

Don't talk down and negative about these issues you see -- and just point the finger - when you claim you there to help the school.

Just off his name - a lot of things would be donated for free -- including time.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The Board is absolutely stealing money at BCU. No doubt in my mind after watching Roland’s show. Ed was just the beginning of the curtains being lifted about finances and where the money is going, and they were not about to have that.

Since they are private, they don’t have to be transparent about operations and finances. It’s a joke.

They stealing money at JSU as well. When schools DEMAND that all raised funds, no matter the source, touch their hands first you know some shyt is happening.

And all the folks who keep saying “just keep it quiet, send money, and help”. If the admin is fukking up, and all money is being funneled directly to them, exactly how is throwing more money at the problem supposed to help? Y’all advocating for trickle down help, where so much misused money flows to the admin some of it can’t help but make its way to the right places? :mjlol:

shyt like this is how Umar continues his grift so easily. We all laughed when he stole the money but then asked his followers to donate their resources, time, and labor to fix the hvac system. But here y’all are saying this the type of shyt nikkas need to do with BCU. :russ:

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The truth of the matter is that those HBCU's just don't have the donors to help promote change like that as we've donors flex their muscle at all schools all the time to get people replaced and promote change. A lot of rich celebrities out here that don't want to donate just don't have the loyalty to HBCU's like that to actually lobby in the background and get those people replaced.

It'd be naive to say that rich donors can't influence HBCU's when the rich influence everyday life as it is.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The truth of the matter is that those HBCU's just don't have the donors to help promote change like that as we've donors flex their muscle at all schools all the time to get people replaced and promote change. A lot of rich celebrities out here that don't want to donate just don't have the loyalty to HBCU's like that to actually lobby in the background and get those people replaced.

It'd be naive to say that rich donors can't influence HBCU's when the rich influence everyday life as it is.
after my time at JCSU, I'm against the bolded

so many of those schools are laughably inefficient and jacked up with the resources that they *do* have. why is it almost always the students who take the brunt of the hit? shyt, they're overpaying as is for the most part

I'd say audit these institutions but you'd get 20% in before people start running....

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

I do believe many of them would but when you have a school like this who refuses to be transparent, it turns people off. If Shaq or anybody wanted to donate $5 million, he should be able to say where he wants it to go, and then see the trail for it.

The BOT wants every dollar to go through them first and they’re free to do what they want with it because there’s no accounting after that. No philanthropist is going to accept that type of BS.

If regular alumni doesn’t trust them enough to send $100, no high net worth individual is going to trust them with $1 million. Only their big sponsors like Disney can afford to give money and not care what happens to it afterwards.