Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, the commissioner is horrible at doing contracts for the conference. ESPN ain't giving us shyt. So Grambling decided to do a contract with HBCU plus (Urban Edge Network) that paid directly to the school.

Commissioner felt some type of way and tries to derail it so other schools don't join them. Even tho, schools can sign deals outside of the conference. ie Bayou Classic with NBC.

:ohhh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I would be a bit apprehensive to let my kid be coached by Ed. Hes too emotionally impulsive.

Hes gotta check some of that shyt when managing young men.

100% agree.

A man who cannot keep his emotions in check is bound to make poor decisions.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The Board is absolutely stealing money at BCU. No doubt in my mind after watching Roland’s show. Ed was just the beginning of the curtains being lifted about finances and where the money is going, and they were not about to have that.

Since they are private, they don’t have to be transparent about operations and finances. It’s a joke.
Good lord…. If you remove some key words, I would not be able to tell the difference between what you’re talking about an HBCU, and who runs it, and what many African politicians do to their countries.

“The ____is absolutely stealing money here i. _____. No doubt in my mind after watching ____ show. ___ was just the beginning of the curtains being lifted about finances and where the money is going, and they were not about to have that.

Since they are ____, they don’t have to be transparent about finances. It’s a joke.”

:wow:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
HBCU leadership & African governments

9-AE9-C71-F-3-F3-B-4-C80-AF24-C33918-D715-EE.jpg

Its the same behaviors. :mindblown:

So you're saying it's in our blood :ohhh:

:troll:

All jokes aside, it is eery as fukk. :patrice:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HBCU leadership & African governments

9-AE9-C71-F-3-F3-B-4-C80-AF24-C33918-D715-EE.jpg

Its the same behaviors. :mindblown:

Good point.

Hate to go there but black ran cities, school boards, and churches as well.

We always have to steal money and resources from each other.

It's happening all over the diaspora. What is happening to Usain Bolt is another example.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Good point.

Most of this comes down to these orgs and governments being at the behest of others outside of the community.

I wouldn’t at school boards because many black school boards are begging for parents to become involved

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Good point.

We always have to steal money and resources from each other.

It's happening all over the diaspora. What is happening to Usain Bolt is another example.

That Usain shyt is disgusting. Jamaican Gubment needs to give him his bread back off GP.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
This is so much drama.

Also, he seems like he can't control his emotions. I respect him - but just drop a donation and all the people he said that wanted to help - they can still help. But, just go.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The Roland interview was passionate - but IMO unstable. He needs to just love and help from afar. He has said way too much and YES some of it may have been true.

But, he's a grown ass man - he knows that was disrespectful and not the way.
He don’t respect that bullshyt ass school admin

fukk respectability politics, multiple people done said the school be fooling and have been told this in a reserved matter

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
He don’t respect that bullshyt ass school admin

fukk respectability politics, multiple people done said the school be fooling and have been told this in a reserved matter

That's understandable. - but at ANY job you have to show respect to your employers and watch your mouth and actions when speaking on them.

Also, BCU is private - and they have a history of not working with people they deem not compatible with their standards.

Take one of my loves - Zora Neale Hurston. If Mrs. Bethune didn't let Zora work there -- there aint no way in hell Mr. Reed would get the green light.

Some HBCU's have issues - we all know this. But, let's be real. If Ed Reed wanted to help and drop money and get his "billionaire" friends to help the conditions at the school ---- HE WOULD and HE WOULD do it being the coach or not. So, would his friends. But, nah.

He talking about he spent $2,500 hosting children - well thanks Mr. Reed. But, that's a small amount - and you only did it cause you still hoping you can shame BCU into a gig. I hope BCU gives him his money back.

But, that whole Roland Martin interview he was talking about he still wanna be coach - but then say you not mudding the school or Mrs. McLeod-Bethune.

What the hell is he doing then? He wanted to show out and talk shyt -- and then expects Black colleges just to take the disrespect.

A grown man knows how to handle such issues. He could have called in a contracting company and got to work. But, he didn't.

He wanted to call out BCU and HBCU's as a whole and ride Deions ball sack. When he don't know shyt about HBCU's but the few he visited.

His comments - and the way he voiced them have people talking shyt about ALL HBCU's and damaging the image of them all.

PWI's have the SAME issues as us -- but people want to tar us -- instead of knowing WHY the issues exist and trying to help with resources and being a voice about the issues to the Florida state representatives and government.

Most of the people talking shyt -- didn't even go to a HBCU. Those who didn't go to a HBCU or have long-standing HBCU ties should be quiet.

farrakhan-stop-it.gif

Last edited: