Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Alumni Association leader on Roland Martin right now saying that the school tried to sue them for using their logos and trademarks after they brought a complaint on the conditions of the school …so for all of the nikkas in here talking about “buhh buh buhh professionalism!” Well guess what they don’t give a fukk about professional complaints either ..also said the school didn’t have a problem inviting and paying for vulgar artist like Rick Ross and Glorilla to perform on campus …crazy

Another brutha who is a reporter and a lawyer from down in Florida is on here now and is talking about how the board got rid of the president that saved them from going under a few years ago after some disagreements on university direction

This shyt is a fukking mess
:camby:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the BCU alumni association is being sued by the BCU BOT

:wow:
Somebody lyin'

Reed, the student and the Alumni say one thing.

The board says another.

At the start of this thread those three guys in the video including Dr. Jason Johnson were all up on their high horse laughing and ridiculing Reed. I hope they keep the same energy for the board since it seems like there is a lot of mismanagement going on.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
this is all so fukking goofy

This. Goofy is the exact adjective I mentioned in a group chat with my boys. After peeping the Roland Martin interview I wouldn't want Ed Reed piloting my HBCU program with how goofy he's handling himself

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
This is why the institutionalist push that “Stop Snitchin” bullshyt at HBCUs … too much rotten low moral compass shyt being exposed when brought to the public light
I would agree but no institution has a better record surviving scandals than colleges/universities. No matter what, they know people will continue sending their kids to these schools and there is nonwavering loyalty. :francis:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
This. Goofy is the exact adjective I mentioned in a group chat with my boys. After peeping the Roland Martin interview I wouldn't want Ed Reed piloting my HBCU program with how goofy he's handling himself
He was on campus working without a contract. How many PWIs do you think that happens on? I'm not the biggest fan of his response but the admin appeared to not give a shyt. Usually when schools or businesses bring someone high profile in, they at least do cosmetics to make the area look better. Ed said his office wasn't cleaned when he arrive and the players were picking up trash. That is a lack of professionalism by the school although I don't totally disagree with your response.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
He was on campus working without a contract. How many PWIs do you think that happens on? I'm not the biggest fan of his response but the admin appeared to not give a shyt. Usually when schools or businesses bring someone high profile in, they at least do cosmetics to make the area look better. Ed said his office wasn't cleaned when he arrive and the players were picking up trash. That is a lack of professionalism by the school although I don't totally disagree with your response.

Breh. It happens more than you think, there are PWI coaches right now working under a MOU (memorandum of understanding) which is not a full contract. Jerry Kill at New Mexico didn't have a signed MOU or fully executed contract deep into the 2022 season. There are a number of reasons why that happens: negotiation of terms, coach didn't want to sign it etc. But folks are parroting the no contract thing like it's a rarity and yall are wrong.

I haven't found anything to confirm or deny Reed had and Bethune had an MOU but it's not farfetched for guys to be recruiting or performing official duties without a contract. I have to ask around to some of my sources to see whats up with the office and all that, but a lot of smaller FCS schools operate more like D2s or even high schools due to shoestring budgets, poor facilities, poor admin etc. There are D1 PWIs just as bad or worse than HBCUs in facilities and admin, but they dont get the negative pub.

I posted earlier about why it wasn't an ideal job for him to take, but it's foolish to bash your employer in public and then expect them to be cool and go along with it.

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
They don’t give 2 fukks about them kids I didn't know or

Damn I know all of my friends struggled with the student loans but I didn't know it was that bad. I was on a music scholarship while I attended the school. The band is nearly 10% of the student population which kind of shows how fukked the priorities are of the leadership. I always felt that we should've been a D2 school.

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Almost forgot that BCU was where them c00n ass admins threatened the student body to have their degrees sent to them instead on receiving them at commencement because they were showing that racist cac bytch “enough respect” :mjpls:I see why that shyt is the way it is …like I said before ..black skin …cac mental

Why would you have her there in the first place!?!?!? Who signed off on this:snoop:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps

The president say they fired him over the vulgarity and music being played in the background of reeds videos talking about bytches and hoes yet they just had their homecoming where they invited these “Christian Gospel Artist” to their campus

:mjlol: Buffoonery …spent half the interview begging for money

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I know all of my friends struggled with the student loans but I didn't know it was that bad. I was on a music scholarship while I attended the school. The band is nearly 10% of the student population which kind of shows how fukked the priorities are of the leadership. I always felt that we should've been a D2 school.
97%

:picard: