Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Agree
The most high profile HBCU, the Mecca, was content to allow students to continuing living in slum like dorms. UNTIL, they were aired out by the students and the National press showed up in droves to cover the story.

….and the African republic of Howard University will still sweep as much unseen fukkery under the rug as possible. A former co worker of mine led the major protests before this last round when students slept in the cold and they attempted to divert attention away with the most mid Homecoming of all time including a virtual Yardfest. So I ain’t sayin it to be funny, Howard is like any African country with wonderful , talented everyday people, a bunch of crooked officials in bed with the wrong people for the wrong reasons, all within the confines of a lowkey white created entity.

I got so much love for HU tho it’s an amazing place. So much potential, especially when it comes to the type of talent that passes through there every year but the admin is addicted to fukk shyt. Let the grapevine tell it, all types of Major big money Black folks tried to help fix things and they wouldn’t show them the books cuz it’d prove they been skimming off the top for decades.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Edge says that Shaq and other high profile donors had their checkbooks ready, to support Reed's vision for BCU athletics

James' son plays football for Howard U., btw

it actually might be a good thing they didn’t go with him bc if all the corruption and theft is so rampant they’d be lining their pockets from even bigger fish and the students and athletes would still be getting fukked. Not to mention it would destroy any further willingness to invest/donate

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
I don’t believe the passion is in someone when the first thing they do is pull out they phone and go live especially a 50 year old man

shyt reeks of theatrics
Ed basically the same thing in the Ravens locker room during their Super Bowl season when he blasted his teammates for not picking up trash. No one accused him of lacking passion or doing it for theatrics then :yeshrug:

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Lol, hbcus existed without black celebs and will continue to exist without them. Deion and ed didnt save shyt, didnt elevate shyt, they are just trying to take care of themselves and their immediate family. They are race hustlers looking dor a come up but instead of targeting white folks they target blacks

Ed reed is a unprofessional loud mouth fool. Period.

He is a man that couldnt take to investors, cant talk to parents, cant talk to boosters, cant do ahit except play a game but football coaching, especially head coaching is about more than the game, you are an executive the game is going to be handled largely by you coaches you have to handle the coaches, admin, recruiting, management, and rtc

Ed got a position he didnt really want and figured he was going to use cookman as a national platform to come up and get to miami, where he wants to be at.

The mindset of "you folks should be happy im here" is apparent on deion and es reed and thats why he didnt last long.

You look at Reggie Batlow, eddiie robinson jr, lc cole, eddie george, dooley winning at praire view and now at aouthern, you look at Hue Jackson, doug williams, and eddie robinson sr. You see how men act professionally even when they are in fukked situations and men who actually care and are working to try to make things better where they are at. Im sure the same for the MEAC coaches and their history and the SIAC as well.
fukk up bytch

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I don’t believe the passion is in someone when the first thing they do is pull out they phone and go live especially a 50 year old man

shyt reeks of theatrics

you think that's the FIRST thing he did? I'm going to error on the side of he approached them and got the cold shoulder and decided to air em out and I don't blame em. Everyone always wants to be hush hush and make excuses and sweep HBCU athletics and the issues they face under the rug; at some point you gotta air the issues out in public if you're an advocate for change.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
you think that's the FIRST thing he did? I'm going to error on the side of he approached them and got the cold shoulder and decided to air em out and I don't blame em. Everyone always wants to be hush hush and make excuses and sweep HBCU athletics and the issues they face under the rug; at some point you gotta air the issues out in public if you're an advocate for change.
Are you arguing that ehat he did is professional? Yes or No.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do that after getting the deal done, not before

He wasn’t hired because he’s threatening to them.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ed basically the same thing in the Ravens locker room during their Super Bowl season when he blasted his teammates for not picking up trash. No one accused him of lacking passion or doing it for theatrics then :yeshrug:

It's the little things :ehh:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Edge says that Shaq and other high profile donors had their checkbooks ready, to support Reed's vision for BCU athletics

James' son plays football for Howard U., btw

Theoretically they still could now. If Reed dipping out is the reason that they don't anymore, then they're proving everyone's point correct.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Theoretically they still could now. If Reed dipping out is the reason that they don't anymore, then they're proving everyone's point correct.
???

Disagree. That school has had management issues over the past 4 years. Serious enough to threaten their accreditation.

Under normal circumstances, it be unwise to donate money there.

Reed has previous relationship with the donors, and they would feel more comfortable with him there, and telling them the facts on the ground about management/admin .

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
???

Disagree. That school has had management issues over the past 4 years. Serious enough to threaten their accreditation.

Under normal circumstances, it be unwise to donate money there.

Reed has previous relationship with the donors, and they would feel more comfortable with him there, and telling them the facts on the ground about management/admin .
Reed being there isn't and wasn't going to fundamentally change those problems there, but essentially just be a cover to have those people feel more comfortable to donate.

If those celebrities really want to help, then why don't they band together and offer resources to help fix the fundamental problems with those HBCU's and I'm not just talking about money.

Last edited: