Ed Reed, Fired before he's hired.. Out at Bethune Cookman

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Exactly. Disrespect shouldn’t be tolerated. Disrespectful black people while casting yourself as some black savior is weirdo behavior. I agree his intention was to help but this ain’t it.

I guarantee you he wasn’t talking or acting like that at Miami, where he got some college football admin experience in 2020-2022.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is what was likely the final straw, and got him canned.
A day earlier, he organized the athletes to go around and clean up the campus.
Aired out the admin. by doing so.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. Disrespect shouldn’t be tolerated. Disrespectful black people while casting yourself as some black savior is weirdo behavior. I agree his intention was to help but this ain’t it.

I guarantee you he wasn’t talking or acting like that at Miami, where he got some college football admin experience in 2020-2022.
Ed Reed has been like this everywhere for decades, so take that guarantee back :heh:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

I disagree with this hot take. Ed Reed spoke to the administration and publicly apologized as well for his comments for 1.

For 2, Black people speak and deal with Black people differently. It's why Diddy was sued at REVOLT by white people that didn't feel like they were part of "the culture". It's why we say that we can call each other "n*gga" but they can't. We certainly have different rules and privileges when dealing with each other than when dealing with them

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

Students out here begging to have a change of course at these HBCUs and to get these weak ass admin “leaders” the fukk up outta there …but yet and still we somehow have goofy ass nikkas coming with their institutional worshiping upset becuase the dirty laundry getting aired out in front of white folks :mjlol:

The shyt is happening too much man smh. People are like don’t blast them on social media. Do people say the same thing when current students blast their school for poor conditions to the media? What’s with this need to keep things quiet because it’s an hbcu? People at the top stay stealing e-bike the actual students have to deal with bullshyt while trying to get an education.. The sane kids that paid to be there.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
It’s becoming more clear that the administration was/is more concerned with covering up their incompetence and inaction than actual change.

Ed Reed doesn’t have the savvy to navigate a situation like that, so he aired them out publicly which was probably the only thing that was crossing the line. You have to learn the terrain, find some allies, and then institute change little at a time.

The best way to deal with ineffective people or groups is to offer your ideas and make them think they came up with it. As long as they get the credit, administration is fine.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The shyt is happening too much man smh. People are like don’t blast them on social media. Do people say the same thing when current students blast their school for poor conditions to the media? What’s with this need to keep things quiet because it’s an hbcu? People at the top stay stealing e-bike the actual students have to deal with bullshyt while trying to get an education.. The sane kids that paid to be there.
Ed was going overboard with the shyt. You not wrong but the nikka was doin way too much. Recording videos and putting the shyt on social media is takin it too far.

The clout chasing and administration getting embarrassed got him